Encore Marketing / charging my credit card without my authorization

1 5005 Medieval DriveConway, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 843-234-2362

purchased flowers from ProFlowers on line and they offer free shipping. When I did that free shipping.com charged $1.95 on my credit card(without my authorization) Have spoken to them and they are supposed to credit my account. However I went on today and found $1.00 each posted for insiders club and encore market. This is some gimmick they use. I want to be sure that my account is credited. My credit card was supposed to be use for my flowers I ordered only.

Ki

Comments

• Ki
      19th of Jul, 2008

• Da
      6th of Aug, 2008

I just found out that I have been getting charged for the last year. When I tried to get refunded, they would refund only 6 months. I have since reported them to the FTC (877-382-4357) my state Attorney General and the BBB. The FTC said that if they received enough complaints, they would open an investigation and a class action suit for reimbursement. Please contact everyone you can and let's get this robbery stopped!!

10th of Aug, 2008

Can anyone help. I did order flowers from pro flowers, and am now getting charged $14.95 monthly from Encore marketing. The number on my credit card is missisng a number so I can't contact them. Anyone have a complete telephone number? My credit card has been giving me credit, but wants more information or will charge me. Thanks

• Al
      13th of Aug, 2008

I am getting charged $14.95 by Encore Marketing (via Proflowers) w/o my authorization on my Citibank/AMEX card. I contacted Citibank and they told me that the only way I could stop getting charged was to cancel my card and get a new account. I can't understand why Citibank (or any other financial institution) has to pay them when cardholder lodge complaints about the unauthorized monthly charges.

I'll contact the FTC to let them know. Short of calling Citibank every month to dispute this charge I may have to get a new account.

• Tc
      27th of Aug, 2008

In reviewing my credit card statement, I bought flowers through proflowers.com one day in March 2008. The next day, there was a $1.95 charge by ENCORE MKTG. In each of the four following months, I was charged $14.95 from the same ENCORE MKTG. I did not knowingly authorize any of these charges.

I am disputing the charges with the credit card company, and will be contacting the FTC to file the complaint.

• Vi
      5th of Sep, 2008

My AMEX is from MExico and I just fopund out that i have been charged for 14.95 usd for the last 6 months... Encore phone number is (301)4598020 thay are in Meriland Under American Leisure Industries name.

• Ti
      4th of Oct, 2008

You were actually lucky. They hit me for $83.88. Then some company named easy saver hit me for another $14.95. ProFlowers is a completely unethical company.

PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO BUY FLOWERS FOR SOMEONE FIND ANOTHER COMPANY. PROFLOWERS WILL ROB YOU BLIND.

• Wi
      6th of Nov, 2008

I called 1-800-355-1837, the number found on my credit card statement. I asked to unsubscribe from the promotional program, which the representative said that he would remove me and credit back the $14.95 charged in each of the prior two months.

I asked what the marketing program entailed, he mentioned that by applying a discount and including my email address on my proflowers.com transaction, I agreed to participate in this program that offers discounts on airfare, hotels, etc. He mentioned that I should have received the introductory email, which I do not recall receiving from an "Encore Marketing" entity.

Hope this helps!

• Up
      8th of Dec, 2008

A lot of you are saying that you can't get through to anyone when you call the 877 numbers to cancel (877.564.8538/877.844.9554). I did a little research it turns out that they're owned/operated by a company called Encore Marketing International.

So... let's CALL THEM and tell them how big of ### they are for perpetuating these frauds/scams... below is a list of employees and the main number to Encore; if you call a receptionist will put you through to them... CALL THEM NOW IF YOU'RE FURIOUS ABOUT THEM STEALING FROM YOU:

4501 Forbes Blvd

David Gallimore — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    Michael Dubrow — Executive Vice President, Partnership Development
    Sondra Diggs — Chief Financial OfficerSondra Diggs — Chief Financial Officer

---------

This is the contact information of the CEO of Encore Marketing who's behind American Leisure and EZ Saver Scams... contact him to let him know how you feel about him cheating you and stealing your money:

Chief Executive Officer

Lanham, MD 20706
    USA

• Tu
      29th of Dec, 2008

It is December and I still have the same issue. My cc is taking care of all charges, but this is ridicolous. I got this from using ProFlowers.com too. We should be just as upset with them. They have lost a customer.

• Ca
      14th of Feb, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I ordered Pro-flowers at Christmas. Now two months later, Encore Marketing starts billing my credit card. I am disputing the charge and will call these jerks on Monday!!! Don't order from pro-flowers anymore!!!

• El
      30th of Sep, 2009

My American Expr Card has been charged since July 2008 with an unauthorized amount of US14.95 after a purchase to Proflowers. I reported the case to my bank and they are carrying an investigation. I live in Colombia, South America, and as I can see several clients have been robbed in the same way! What can we do to reclaim our money back and to prevent the issue in the future? elsa.rodriguez50@gmail.com

• Bj
      30th of Sep, 2009

yes i ordered from haband a pair of shoes. 15% off. got charged $1.95. same thing happened a year ago, but that was $14.95. i got them removed but this is ridiculous. there is no mention of that. they offer you A discount and then charge you for it?same company haband. do they think you won't notice? bs dispute those charges put them out.
    no disclosure at all

• Bi
      22nd of Nov, 2009

what the hell is the Encore Marketing doing? I got charged $14.95 every month and $1.95 at the beginning.

• Cv
      10th of Dec, 2009

I had the same problem. I bought something at www.redenvelope.com and they (actually RedEnvelope Rewards) offered a $15 coupon for my next purchase. The tricky part is that RedEnvelope Rewards' URL is www.redenveloperewards.com (similar enough to make me believe this is the same company) and seems to be managed by Encore Marketing. I cannot recall any notice of the monthly $1.95 fees.

My CC company sorted the $1.95. I will boycott companies - such as www.redenvelope.com - that affiliate themselves with Encore Marketing and their dubious business practice. I feel that www.redenvelope.com breached my privacy by passing my personal details – including my cc-details – to a 3rd party.

• Ed
      15th of Jan, 2010

• Jb
      26th of Mar, 2010

"I just noticed the same charges on my account. I called the 1-877-699-9629 number and got through to someone immediately. They cancelled my account and reversed the charges...hopefully!"

Same here. They initially offered to remove 5 months worth, so I asked how long I've had the service. They said 9. Then cancel all 9 months I said. She did without hesitation. Supposed to be getting the refund within 1-2 billing cycles...something tells me I may be calling back, but we'll see!

• Ra
      15th of May, 2010

encore marketing cann't charge it wiyhout my authorized.that is robbery..

• Vg
      23rd of May, 2010

I am in the same situation...they continue to charge me $14.95 monthly for the membership?? There's no way to get ahold of them and they can't be contacted. I've called the number 3 times...what next? Its so frustrating...any suggestions?

23rd of May, 2010

ENCORE MKTG 1-877-699-9629
    Automatic cancellation. We'll see if it works..