Encore Marketing / marketing scam

1 Alexandria, VA, United States Review updated:

I ordered flowers online through Proflowers and then was somehow signed up for some kind of membership on a "free trial" basis and then charged $14.95 every month thereafter by Encore Marketing. I don't remember checking that box and perhaps it was "conveniently" already checked for me and I never unchecked it. I never wanted to be part of their discounts, coupons or special deals.

I called the phone number provided immediately after seeing the charge and discontinued my membership. They didnt reimburse my charge though. My husband was upset and he called our credit card company. They removed the charges and credited our account. This is a total scam and it makes me mad that people get charged for stuff they don't even know about or want. In my opinion it's stealing.

Comments

• Up
      8th of Dec, 2008

A lot of you are saying that you can't get through to anyone when you call the 877 numbers to cancel (877.564.8538/877.844.9554). I did a little research it turns out that they're owned/operated by a company called Encore Marketing International.

So... let's CALL THEM and tell them how big of ### they are for perpetuating these frauds/scams... below is a list of employees and the main number to Encore; if you call a receptionist will put you through to them... CALL THEM NOW IF YOU'RE FURIOUS ABOUT THEM STEALING FROM YOU:

4501 Forbes Blvd

David Gallimore — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    Michael Dubrow — Executive Vice President, Partnership Development
    Sondra Diggs — Chief Financial OfficerSondra Diggs — Chief Financial Officer

---------

This is the contact information of the CEO of Encore Marketing who's behind American Leisure and EZ Saver Scams... contact him to let him know how you feel about him cheating you and stealing your money:

Chief Executive Officer

Lanham, MD 20706
    USA

• Pa
      12th of Jul, 2009

unscribe me no charges from my account i dont want american leisure idont want to jointhem or encoremarketing my id paulclassa@gmail.com password32963 my name is paul grenier 924 pirate cove lane vero beach fl 32963 (772)532-7783 please help me email me back paulclassa@gmail.com

• Pa
      12th of Jul, 2009

unscribe me no charges from bank unscribeme from encoremarketing american leisure please help me my id paulclassa@gmail.com password 32963 paul grenier 772-532-7783 email paulclassa@gmail.com 924 pirate cove lane vero beach fl 32963

• Oa
      17th of Jul, 2009

My Letter to my employer after attending an Encore Training

"I am writing to respond to the Encore training that you had us attend. During this training we were told we didn't need to know everything about this program, that we should encourage impulse shopping, that the customer didn't need to hear specifics of this program and to not volunteer any information that isn't scripted or asked for.
    When asked about the specific details about the Encore program the response was that we did not need to know them. They stated that there is a three-week training that their customer service attends and as such, there was no need for us to be concerned with the details and this was for our benefit. This says, "We don't want you to know what is going on."
    Being fiscally responsible includes not impulse shopping, living within your means, and staying within a budget. When we encourage impulse shopping and pressing customers to spend more than they planned, we are telling our customers: "We don't care about you. Just give us your money."
    They mentioned that we should not offer any information that we may have to the customer unless they specifically ask for it. If their product is worth buying then why withhold the information? This says, "We don't want you to make an informed decision."
    The reason this is so disturbing is that this business practice is the model that has caused the recession. The model is to withhold specific information that would enable the consumer make an informed decision and then to encourage them to spend beyond their means causing them to no longer be able to afford their life style even as we continue to encourage them to spend more and more.
    These are not the statements and actions of a trust worthy Corporation, which is why they probably only rate a C from the Better Business Bureau (my employer rates an A+)."

They do not appear to be trust worthy at all. When we had questions about their program they wouldn't answer the questions, or they would belittle and attempt to humiliate anyone that had a disenting opinion.

6th of Nov, 2010

Guys if u want ur refunds back just called the emi guys, some indian will pickup and ask him for full refunds he'll provide two first then transfer the call to some consumer guy who is also a indian, and dont give up ask for more refunds, he might offer you till a year and if u ask for more he would transfer the call to another supervisor who can give you your full refunds... during the call dont forget to threaten them with attorney, BBB, and mention that u'll take legal action on them cause thats the magic word. belive me it works 100% !!..

• Ph
      1st of Mar, 2011

Please cancel me from encore marketing, did not agree to this in the fist place. my email is pharvey3@roadrunner.com

12th of Aug, 2016
    Encore Marketing - Money out of my bank account
    EMI Music
    Tavares
    Florida

I went to this music site on the web, but I didn't order anything. Now Encore Marketing is taking money out of my account. I don't have any idea how they got my bank account number. I want a refund and I want these people turned in to the BBB. I guess I will have to close my bank account and get a new debit card before they take to much money out of my account. Please tell me what to do. Thank you.

Mary Pemberton