Enchanted Dreams Alaskan Malamutes / Alaskan malamute breeder vicky deming has unethical behavior and does not care about her puppies!

1 Smyrna New York, United States Review updated:

Balto aka "Amouk", passed away August 18, 2016 from cervical stenosis and complications...I hope no one else's dog goes through what my poor dog went through. Shame on this Backyard, Nasty Malamute Breeder. The day I picked up Balto he had fleas and mites.
Now Balto just turned 3 years old and his doctor had full x rays and MRI done and he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and his neck was severe. So severe that he dis not qualify for surgery. He also had bad hips, front shoulders and a bad left leg. My dog was in pain and Vicky Deming had blocked me from all social media when I told her Balto was in pain and not well so potential puppy owners and owners who have her malamutes on her discussion pages will not hear about this. When I told friends to get in touch with her so she could stop breeding these dogs she posted an old post that I had sent to her when he was a baby and that he was fine as a baby so I am a lair. ( You cannot tell in most dogs that have this disease until they are usually much older) She knows this. Anyway she got crazy and was telling her Facebook people that I am a pedofile and posted on Balto's therapy dog page were he was with a young boy in a wheelchair. I am a special needs teacher at a Head Start program for many years. She also took my emails and changed them??? She now is posting that I abuse dogs and even has a photo of a pit bull with marks on him from a fight and says I did that to this dog???The woman holding this pitbull has a wedding band on and dark crly hair...I have long blonde straight hair and not married and have a Husky, malamute, Chihuahua and another small mix pekengese that I resued. Other Enchanted Dreams Malamute owners got in touch with me to say she did the same to them when their dog was found to have the same problems.
In the past I gave this woman money to feed her puppies and for a horse to adopt because I felt sorry for her. Now I know she is a manipulator and scammed me good and I want to warn others about her. She also used my name on Legends Giant Malamutes to make fake bad reviews because Legends is her competition and has real Giant Mals and healthy ones. My malamute Balto is not a Giant Malamute and is a standard. They should not be more then 100 pounds otherwise they will be too heavy and also they are too tall.
Vicky even had a litter of puppies from a female named Uno who was much too young (about 10 months young) and most of her puppies died and the ones who lived were deformed.
Balto's vet and others feel that Vicky is a backyard breeder and her dogs are inbreed that is why they are being born with these problems. She does not care about her dogs only the money. Her kennels are dirty and her trailer is broken down. She should not be Breeding anything. She is not licensed and I have not seen health records on any of her dogs...If she has them they probably are fakes anyway, that is the way she works. She makes fake emails and even reviews and post fake names and more. She seems to have more time to be on her computer then to take care of her puppies.
My dog Balto was an actor/model and a therapy dog and I had to retire him before his third birthday because of his health. Vicky keeps posting his photo's on her social media pages to say he is an actor/model but not tell anyone of his condition knowing others might have this and she will have to close down. Then she will post that I worked him too hard as an actor model that is why he had spinal stenosis? She doesn't even remember what she posted in the last post..LOL.
Balto did a handful of jobs in his short life that my family, friends and I are very proud of. They were all fun jobs for him and he got to meet so many dog lovers on the sets. He always was treated as a dog and all his jobs came easy because all he had to do was be a dog, do basic commands, run across a field or play. Balto enjoyed hiking, swimming, and playing with his pack in the park every morning and night. When he started to feel pain his activities did decrease and it was painful to see him wanting to have fun but just couldn't anymore.
I am involved in a law suit against this woman because of slander, defamation, using my name which makes it a civil suit now and also I can sue because she is not honest about her dogs. Balto also has behavior issues because he has been in pain. Ir cost thousands of dollars for medical bills...
Please check out other breeders to see which dogs are healthier...don't get scammed like me. Don't buy puppies from back yard breeders, puppy mills or stores. Either adopt or get a healthy dog that is from an excellent line.
I am not a breeder but when Vicky Deming put up bad reviews about Legends Alaskan Malamutes with my name on it Legends and I got in touch with one another to solve these fake reviews from Vicky. When I saw Legends website I saw the most healthy, beautiful true giant Malamutes that i ever seen. Legends has malamutes in every color...White, Reds, Black & whites, grey wolf markings and just adorable faces.
I am not a co-owner of Legends (Like Vicky posted) I live in a small house on Long Island, NY. I just did my research and know better now.
I am missing my best friend Balto "Amoux" as we were together 24/7 and he helped me in the beginning and at the end I held him in my arms. He will always be in my heart!!!

Lu
Aug 22, 2016

Comments

• He
      23rd of Aug, 2016

The fact is she worked that poor dog way to hard and wants to blame everyone else beside herself! I have Baltos uncle (by the way Luann Stole a picture of him and my granddaughter and claimed them as her own i.e. the reason why people think she is a pedophile! She has the picture as hers on her google plus account!) My dog is 12 and has never shown any signs of any of this and mind you he is Baltos uncle! This all started because Luann had a difference of opinion with some of us in the puppy group and that's where this all started I was there so I do know! I have no idea what has gone on between Luann and Vicky personally I however have a big problem with Luann trashing all of our dogs!

23rd of Aug, 2016

You are a liar Luann. You continue to harass and post negative things about Vicky, who is a fantastic breeder. Her dogs are healthy, beautiful, and loving animals. Your dog was put down because you were a bad owner and overworked him. You put him down and blame the breeder because of YOUR incompetence? Weird. You're like 50 and you're acting like you're 5. Stop posting lies about Vicky and her dogs, who I myself have owned 3. All of which are/were gorgeous and loving dogs. To own one of Vicky's dogs you have to go through a long screening process before she allows you to have a dog because SHE CARES ABOUT WHO IS GOING TO TAKE HER PUPPIES. I guess before she allowed you to own one she should have had you screened by a psychologist because clearly you have some mental instability and for that I hope you get the help you so clearly need. The ONLY reason your dog is no longer around is because of YOU. When my dog was diagnosed at age 10 of bone cancer, Vicky Deming didnEVERYTHING in her power and in her heart to help us and to give him a fighting chance and when his time came and we had to put him down she was there for my family and she talked us through our grieving. If she blocked you it's because of what YOU have done to HER. You continue to spread lies In hopes of sabotaging her name as a reputable breeder, and it's just ridiculous. I sincerely would recommend Vicky as a breeder out of anyone because she really really does care about her animals and I'm so sick of you trying to trash her.

23rd of Aug, 2016

It's sad that instead of this being about Balto and what he has been through people are name calling me??? Makes a lot of sense????
    My dog Balto died knowing he was loved by me, his family, friends and all those children in the hospital.
    He loved taking walks in the park, swimming in the bay and playing with his pack in the yard!
    I hope the best for you all and that your dogs never have to endure the pain that Balto went through!
    My family and I tried everything we could to keep our boy pain free and to live a great quality of life!
    He died much too young.
    It is so sad that we live in a world that has no compassion, grace or empathy!

23rd of Aug, 2016

Heidi Proctor Johnson The only photo on my Google account is Balto and I...I'm sure your grandkids are beautiful but I really don't have any need to put some strangers photo's on my account...

23rd of Aug, 2016

Having lost a dog from Vicky WAY to young myself to bone cancer (age 4), I completely understand the pain Luann is feeling and she is being attacked for talking about what happened to her beloved dog? Shame on you people who are standing behind Vicky and calling her ethical!! She is anything but ethical. She is a disgrace. Even one of you standing up for Vicky lost your own dog to cancer and that's OK with you? That's OK because she talked you through your grief so you wouldn't speak against her?? Extensive screening because she cares about her pups? NO! Extensive screening so she can determine who is the least likely to speak out against her or challenge her when their dog develops health issues and there are PLENTY. I've seen alot of Vicky's dogs passing of cancer. Here's just the latest example. 5 yrs old!! Let me guess, lies? Owner caused it? Appears more like consistent issues with dogs Vicky breeds. Another dog of Vicky's named Thunder died of cancer. She deleted everything from her facebook after he died so no one would still see about it until after the sympathy phase passed. Same as the following will be deleted from her facebook page so no one can see. Then all you calling Vicky ethical, how ethical is the hypocrite hiding her dogs health issues that she breeds and puts helpless families through!! I hate to post these screenshots but it's proof of the health issues and patterns in the dogs Vicky breeds and produces.

23rd of Aug, 2016

Thunder was my dog. She did not hide anything. And the fact that she posted that Sarah did have cancer is contradictory to what you just said about her hiding it? Bone cancer can be caused by a multitude of things that are not due to heredity.

• Ra
      23rd of Aug, 2016

Luann, what is it that you want? I lost my first dog when he was 4 years old suddenly and the pain we went through was unbearable. In your case hours after Balto died you started posting fake complains everywhere, what is your goal here? What's the end you're looking for here? To justify the fact that you overworked your dog? Come on, you know the extensive training sessions you were putting him through, a dog is NOT a natural actor it has to be trained constantly in order to hold positions and such. You are acting in a really dispicable way, what is your final goal here? Leave Vicky alone, as simple as that. Vicky if you're reading this please do not reply to her comments or fall to these provocations. Make a file with all that she's saying from all the sites and present it to the NY board of education and hospitals where supposedly she helps, this type of mentally unstable person should be in the educational area or hospitals.

23rd of Aug, 2016

Elise Hazard, I am so sorry that your dog Thunder also passed away from bone cancer. Someone else on the Enchanted Facebook discussion also had a Malamute named Thunder that also passed away from bone cancer. In my case Balto was born with spinal stenosis and it is a heredity disease that you would not notice until the symptoms show and with xrays and MRI. Balto was a active, happy, loving dog growing up and even did therapy work and did some acting and modeling and loved all the attention. He loved hiking, swimming in the bay, playing in the park with his family. He passed away knowing he was loved by me and my family, friends and all the children he made smile during his therapy work days.
    Thank you Jennifer for also sharing your story and I am also sorry you lost your dog also at a very young age.
    Next time I will make sure the breeder has medical test on hand that are certified and vet records from a real vet and check references better.

23rd of Aug, 2016

Thanks for your condolences, I appreciate it. However that being said, I still and will continue to side with Vicky, who I honestly believe to be a great person and a great breeder. I really think that all of this harassment and negativity needs to be put to a stop and let go.

• He
      23rd of Aug, 2016

The problem is as far as I know there was only one thunder. When you start a trashing battle against our dogs and our breeder we are going to stand up for them none of our dogs where in the movies or any of that but they are family! You may see things your way Luann but we all see it differently .

• Dt
      23rd of Aug, 2016

I own a dog that I got from Vicky. When I was looking for a puppy I was very causes before. The reason was I had a malamute from another breeder. The puppy had a Heart murmur hip dysplasia. Spinal stenosis can be treated. So can hip dysplasia. If you know any thing about a malamute you can not do the things you did with Balto there bones are not fully developed yet. So shame on you. My one mal got hip dysplasia at 3 months old but with the right medication she did fine.As far as cancer it can happen at any age that is not the breeders fault. Then I guess you are saying little childen that get cancer is the parents fauth. How stupid is that. Vicky has never lied about her puppies or the parents. When I lost my other malamute Otis I cound have not got on a computer and tried to bash someone I was in to much grief. Luann get a life and quit bashing Vicky you are to blame. Vicky is there for her dogs and for the people that get one of her dogs. Johnson the mal I have now is doing great no health problems. Yes she does give Vet papers with her dogs to all her puppy people we all got them. I even went to the vet's office with her with Johnson and all the other puppies. As far as standard and giant if you are that dumb is anything over 95 lbs. is giant. Vicky has always said she had giant not standard.

• Ge
      24th of Aug, 2016

My name is Geoff and we just had an alaskan malamute named achilles aka nooks pride who passed away on his own on Aug 22nd. He was the son of red and Rosy born 7/13 2010. We do not know what happend but he was fine ato 730 am and passed away at 1030. He had just torn his acl that was healing but other wise was a very healthy happy dog. We are heartbroken and are looking to get another malamute soon but don't know where to look, and after reading these reviews are not sure if enchanted dreams is the right place.

24th of Aug, 2016

I'm so sorry for your loss Geoff! I always thought Balto was healthy until all his symptoms started to show. My family and I tried everything to keep him pain free and prayed he would live a long wonderful life. I miss walking him in the park and swimming with him in the bay. He was lot's of fun and such a loving dog. He will always be in my heart! I never stop thinking about him and still find his hairs on my clothes. Just keep positive and think of all the wonderful memories and Achilles will guide you the way to another great pup!
    Just like my Balto I now am happy and smiling and feel so much better because I know that is what he wants for me. I
    and to Elise I also use to think exactly like you that Vicky was a great breeder and person...she was my friend...I just hope no other dog goes through what my Balto went through...it really wasn't fair to him...and that is all that matters!!!

• Ni
      24th of Aug, 2016

Vicky is one of the most caring and conscientious breeders I have dealt with both professionally (I am a vet tech) and personally. She was supportive through the rough puppy days and always available when I needed her, and continues to be involved in my dog's life. She genuinely cares about ALL of her dogs, and considers her puppy buyers as family. She makes every effort to produce QUALITY dogs both in temperament and health. My girl (Balto's full sister) just turned 2 and is healthy, happy, and loved by both me and Vicky. When I went to visit to pick out my puppy and again to bring her home, Vicky was willing to take the time with me to talk, let me meet the adults on premises, and play with all the puppies. Everyone on her property is well kept and they are all WONDERFUL dogs. She never hid anything from me and has invited me back to visit many times. I do, and will continue to stand behind Vicky and Enchanted Dreams Malamutes 100%.

24th of Aug, 2016

Geoff I can honestly assure you that the negative reviews of Vicky are only being posted out of spite and a personal dislike of her. For whatever reason Luann contributes to them and spreads lies. She has herself made countless accounts PRETENDING to be Vicky and "admits to wronging people" I have had 3 dogs from Vicky and they were GORGEOUS and wonderful animals. They are loving and I would not recommend Vicky to you if she did not breed healthy beautiful Mals. Why would I encourage someone to buy an unhealthy dog? I wouldn't. I would not do that to someone. So that is why I DO recommend Vicky, as a malamute breeder. luann worked her dog Balto to the bone and made money off of his hard work, she over exersized him and it did damage to his bones and joints. You cannot blame the breeder for the owners folly.

29th of Aug, 2016

How do you "mistake" the death of your dog. Just out of curiosity.

29th of Aug, 2016

How do you play with the life of an animal like that!! Is the dog alive or dead!!!

29th of Aug, 2016

How do you play with an animal's life like that?? Is the dog alive or dead??

29th of Aug, 2016

Vicky is writing all of this, when are you going to wake up to the things she does, the manipulation, the mind games. Vicky is impersonating many people online and writing many things in the name of others. Step back from the manipulation, the Vicky Victim Syndrome (always a victim, always a story) and use common sense. Are those comments wrote by the same profile? No. It's Vicky creating profiles & playing sick twisted games. WAKE UP!!

29th of Aug, 2016

Just look at Enchanted Dreams Alaskan Malamutes property. You think this is wonderful? It's a trash heap. The poor dogs. Garbage all over, the trailer roof ready to cave in. Disgusting. You people like this? It's pretty? It's even worse in person.