Enbridge Electric / monopoly abuse!
I would like to express my outrage at the monopoly power which Enbridge Electric is using to fleece electricity customers, and because competition is prohibited we cannot switch to a different provider. This monopoly is not in the interests of consumers and this should not be allowed to continue. In the US residents of condos and apartment buildings are allowed to have a choice as to their electricity provider and we should be allowed to have competition as well.
Before Enbridge came to my building we were paying much more reasonable rates but as soon as they took over Enbridge Quadrupled the rates and when asked why they told us that the meters were faulty but the Delivery charges also Quadrupled and that has nothing to do with the meters, which makes it obvious that they are just lying to justify their dishonest and fraudulent practices.
They sent me a bill for almost $700.00 (Copy attached Pdf format) and when I questioned it they demanded that I pay it or they would cut off my service, I had to pay it under duress because of the threats that they made. We are not allowed to have access to the meters so we cannot read the meter ourselves, and I think we should have unhindered access to the meters.
Also, in light of the fraud which was revealed after the audit of Hydro One I would like to know when was the last time Enbridge was audited and if they are not being audited I would like to know the reason why. They are bleeding consumers with their nefarious and reprehensible business practices and consumers need to know exactly what is going on.
I have filed a complaint with the OEB and they have told me there is nothing they can do to help because the legislation as it stands permits Enbridge to operate in this manner.
This has to change, it is not right.
More Enbridge Electric Complaints & Reviews
- Enbridge Gas & Direct Energy - unbreakable contract 
- Enbridge Gas - gas shut off 
- Enbridge Gas - gas shut off/customer service 
- Enbridge Gas, Toronto - poor and horrible customer care 
- Enbridge Gas - cut off service 
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - billing errors (cross-metre, wrong address, refund mistake and try to recoup) customer service (incompetence, no integrity, dishonest, and bully)
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - health and safety of individuals
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - gas installation
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - gas cut off
- Enbridge Gas Distribution - billing