Emusic.com / fraud , deception out criminals

this company stole my identify and yes debit card info-WITHOUT me knowing it. No email welcoming no nothing but my bank statement
showing an 11.99 charge. When called, the the company gave me the run around and would not refund my money. I was told that I had 30 days to download 50 songs straight to my -IPOD which I have never owned. The only way to stop them is to stop your card and get another one as you be will continually charged.There is NOTHING you can do as you never know before it happened.
This site :https://www.complaintsboard.com has other testimonials to this fraud.
what can we do-wikipedia has their address and I am for one am going to write the city da, state da. etc. recommend all us doing this as well as their bbb. Wikipedia has all of the infromation.
wayne

Wa

Comments

• Aq
      9th of Jun, 2008
    Emusic.com - MISLEADING OFFER/UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES/NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
    EMUSIC.COM
    Florida
    EMUSIC.COM

Emusic.com is a huge RIP OFF. They sent me an email wanting me to come back to them. I opened the email and there was a message briefly dicussing the offer and a link that says "See Details." When I clicked on it, it automatically activated my account so I cancelled immediately. (this was in an email they sent to me about my account activity " Start: Jun 4, 2017 2:49:20 PM End: Jul 4, 2017 2:49:26 PM). However, I noticed that they charged me $9.99. I sent several emails to get a refund but they said that they couldn't because I agreed to the offer. When I explained to them that the offer was misleading because it only said "see details, " and I assumed that going there would just give me more details on the offer. They still said they can't refund me for having an active account for 6 seconds. All the emails appear to be form letters so I called the 800 number on my cc statement but it to was automated. THEY INTENTIONALLY SEND MISLEADING EMAILS, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY ARE A SCAM, DON'T USE THEM!!!

• Ji
      28th of Oct, 2008
    Emusic.com - Free downloads
    United Kingdom

Tried to sign up for "50 free downloads". Complete waste of time! Once my credit card details had been taken I was asked to set up a password, after which I was returned to the credit card details page. I keep going round in circles. The "contact us" page is unuseable and the "chat" facility for online help is out of commission. My credit card company have been advised. Life's too short: don't waste your time with emusic.

• Ob
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Emusic.com - Misrepresentation of product
    EMusic
    New Hampshire
    emusic.com

EMusic is a joke, DON’T JOIN. I joined believing their claims about having the largest music selection on the web. After joining and getting into their site and trying to download music from artists I had actually heard of I couldn’t find a single one. What a joke. If you want music you have actually heard on the radio get your music somewhere else.

Then when I tried to call someone I couldn't even find a number on their web site. I eventually found this number: 866-240-9271. However, in speaking to an operator I got nowhere. I explained that within 5 minutes of joining their service I realized they didn't have any music I wanted. They told me I could cancel the service but they were not about to give me a refund.

I recommend you do NOT join this service.

• He
      14th of Oct, 2009
    Emusic.com - fradulent charges
    emusic
    emusic.com

I asked emusic to cancel my membership, but refused to give me a refund for the time that I didn't use the membership because they had already charged my account. I told the manager that I didn't want to continue with the service and he insisted that I stay and offered me more songs free. I told him I wanted to just cancel the service and get a refund for the charge on my account from the time that I didn't use the service and he said that they never give refunds. This company should have a class action law suit against them. I have read so many times that they refuse to give refunds and even when people have cancelled they still keep charging them. This is unfair for customers who trust they are getting a free trial and end up with charges on their accounts and for customers who cancel but still get charged.

• Tn
      9th of Feb, 2010

I'm trying to get my money back now. We're only 'one' charge into this mess. We cancelled well w/in the 14 day trial but were charged anyway. They say they 'can't refund money' but their OWN termination policy say they will refund for unused time (section 7).

• Os
      12th of Feb, 2010
    Emusic.com - This is obviously a rip-off company
    EMusic.com
    emusic.com

In Sept 2017 - I made the huge mistake of responding to an offer for "free" music downloads from eMusic.com -- the offer seemed genuine. eMusic sent me an email welcoming me to eMusic in Sept 2017. Up until now (Mar 2017) - that is the only contact that I have had with eMusic.com. Upon doing my taxes earlier today - I found an 11.99 charge every month for last year (and now have also found out that eMusic has also billed me for Jan, Feb and Mar -- in addition to Sept Oct Nov and Dec 2017). Upon finding this issue - I contacted eMusic to ask for a refund as I have not downloaded a single track and now find that I have paid nearly $230 dollars to this company. I asked eMusic to find a reasonable amount for settlement given that (1) I have not downloaded any music (2) I have not heard from them since Sept 2017 (3) They have automatically renewed my "membership" (not sure if I would call it a membership as member programs normally keep members appraised)

This is obviously a rip-off company -- I would urge everyone to boycott this company -- additionally their practices are definitely below the line -- in this age of Bernie Madoff, I find it reprehensible that a company can be in business with such dubious business ethics. This company should be sued and driven out of business. Spend your money elsewhere!

• Ri
    New York
    New York
    Phone: 866-240-9271
    eMusic.com

Like so many others, I signed up for a "free" music download trial, during which I was asked to give my credit card information as part of the process. I was supposed to get 50 free download credits, and I carefully selected exactly 50 credit worth of music to download. I was only allowed to receive 14 downloads per day, so I downloaded my first 14 tracks that evening.

The music quality was CRAP. I have a very high end multimedia PC and not only did the music sound like it was overmodulated but I could analyze it graphically and could see the distortion. I gave them the benefit of a doubt and downloaded my second 14 tracks the next day, which also sounded like trash. I cancelled my subscription that afternoon.

Upon checking my online credit card statement two days later I discovered that the very night I signed up for my "free" trial subscription they had billed be $20.79. When I called to complain, the first person I spoke with said that I had not cancelled my subscription at all and there was nothing she could do despite my having an e-mail from the company showing that I had cancelled my subscription adn stating that I would not be billed. The second person I spoke with half an hour later acknowledged that, yes, I had indeed cancelled my subscription within 24 hours, but claimed I had downloaded 75 credits worth of music and had therefore automatically been billed for a premium subscription. Despite the fact that they could not prove I had downloaded any more than 24 credits worth of music, they refused to refund my money. I currently have a case pending with my state's attorney general's office against them.

Spread the word about eMusic.com! The quality of their music is CRAP and they are another one of those hole-in-the-wall shams being run out of a basement in some apartment building in New York City. Let's put them out of business and help NYC TAKE OUT THE TRASH!!