Emusic.com / fraud
I signed up for the free trial because of a flier that came with my new Toshiba laptop. It was a 14 day trial. Noticed right away that I was immediately put down for the $31.99 a month plan. I changed it to the $6.49 a month plan right away. I know I did this. There is no question that I changed it.
Two weeks later the charge comes through at $31.99. I contacted eMusic live chat support and the customer service representative cannot find any record of a plan change or plan change request. He didn't even acknowledge the possibility of technology failure being to blame, which would have been an easy out. He said that he was able to make an exception to policy for me and issued a refund order.
The rep also said that a copy of the chat transcript would be emailed to me. I printed it out just in case that doesn't occur.
I've contacted my credit card company just in case. Since the transaction for the payment is still pending there is nothing they can do at this point, but they have put a note on my account and told me that if the refund is not processed within a week they will go after the money for me.
More Emusic.com Complaints & Reviews
- Emusic - Unauthorized charges 
- Emusic - Unauthorized billing! 
- [Resolved] Emusic.com - Unauthorized billing 
- Emusic - impossible to cancell account
- Emusic - unauthorized charge on debit card
- [Resolved] Emusic.com - fraudulent charge
- Emusic - bait and switch 
- Emusic.com - fraud billing 
- Emusic.com - Fraudulent Practices
- Emusic - tricks and scams