Emusic.com / fraud

United States Review updated:

I signed up for the free trial because of a flier that came with my new Toshiba laptop. It was a 14 day trial. Noticed right away that I was immediately put down for the $31.99 a month plan. I changed it to the $6.49 a month plan right away. I know I did this. There is no question that I changed it.

Two weeks later the charge comes through at $31.99. I contacted eMusic live chat support and the customer service representative cannot find any record of a plan change or plan change request. He didn't even acknowledge the possibility of technology failure being to blame, which would have been an easy out. He said that he was able to make an exception to policy for me and issued a refund order.

The rep also said that a copy of the chat transcript would be emailed to me. I printed it out just in case that doesn't occur.

I've contacted my credit card company just in case. Since the transaction for the payment is still pending there is nothing they can do at this point, but they have put a note on my account and told me that if the refund is not processed within a week they will go after the money for me.

Comments

• Un
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Do not fall for free trial scam! You will be billd $19.99 a month until you discover it and no refund even though they can see, and admit that you are not downloading music!!! what a fraud.

• Sc
      17th of Mar, 2009

They did the same thing to me. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. NO REFUND EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT USE THE WHOLE MONTH.

• Do
      20th of Aug, 2012

are you kidding me since oct 11 i signed up for free seven days to confusing to use on 6th day I cancelled the sixth day, they never cancelled it my husband been gripping for months what is this i have been getting my faceproducts for years from same same compoany price is almost to the dollar i never even have emusic another thought he gave me the complete information i said what the crap finally signin on emusic which my accont closed has been getting 31.99 for months, i never touch the program downloaded or even used it which phone rep agreed and i said of all the packages u just default to a 31.99 one instead of and she goes you want to downgrade to 5.95 i said are you kidding me you have made 600.00 free and clear and no one even downloaded one song nothiong whatever there glitch was i canceled on sixth day and rep danielle said well we have updated our system (information Lost) so lets just keep drawing off account because we can ...she said my supervisor said we can only go back two months in four days credits, oct 11 people, two months best they can do...well wink wink bad mistake on their part, very clear account never used, and after the conversation i had with several options might take few months, year...i will have way more than two months refund, and things will change get your best suit on emusic because of greed theres will be about few thousand other mad consumers that were taken advantage of and gots back to few years ..hope you saved and got plenty of insurance

• Do
      20th of Aug, 2012

i mean really 31.99 i was told today their default price i am out since oct 2011 got a generous two month refund really never gave them permission after i called on sixth day to cancel before seveth now i was told well the system was updated (lost inforation ) so sixty days back all they can go, i just got a toshiba and coupon was in there as well and it started my head throbbing...