Emusic / bait and switch

On 22 October emusic sold me a contract for 2 albums/month for a year for $99. They
changed it on 18 November to one that only lets me buy 1 album/month. This is Bait and switch.
They refuse to refund the unused portion of the contract. Instead they offered a one-time bonus of $12.50 which would allow me to buy 4 albums this month and 1/month in the remaining 10 months for a total of 14 albums instead of the 22 they owe me. AVOID EMUSIC. I wish I had seen the many complaints online before I joined,

Tr

Comments

• Tr
      8th of Dec, 2010

I made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau of Santa Clara (where the parent company is located) and sent a copy to emusic.com. Emusic then refunded the subscription as requested, so the issue is now resolved.

Recommendation: if you have a problem with emusic register a complaint about Rovi Corporation,
    (2830 De La Cruz Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95050, Website: www.emusic.com ) with the Better Business Bureau http://sanjose.bbb.org/Home.aspx and let emusic know. This may help resolve your issue.

• Ji
      5th of Aug, 2011

Looks like we've been stung by the same scorpion. Thanks for posting a possible fix to my predicament, I'll try doing the same thing in the morning.

Jim Brewer