EMS - Express Mail Service / Stolen and not reimbursed important irreplaceable documents sent via ems to thailand

1 Bern, Switzerland

About 40 days ago I needed to mail important irreplaceable documents to Thailand and I chose EMS as I was suggested that this is the best service and the fastest similar to Fedex but costs a little bit less. So I paid the equivalent of almost $50 charge to ship a light envelope with documents to Thailand. 2 weeks pass and nothing. And we expected the docs to arrive within a week, since this is EMS!!! This is the notorious EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE, right!? Usually regular and registered mail letter would already arrive and would cost ore than10 times or more than 1000€ cheaper!! Right!? Yet the EXPRESS mail service (pay attention - it is Express!!) nowhere close to arrive. Okay, we wait another 2 weeks. Nothing. Then after a month of waiting we went to a post office where we submitted a search form to find out what happened. Waited another 10 days and nothing. We were told to wait 2 months and then come back. We asked the post offgice whether we will be reimbursed the almost $50 shipping charge and the lost value if irreplaceable documents, for which we will have to pay very dearly to the recipient (!) but the post office employees were not so sure how long it should take and if it is "lost" how much we will be reimbursed. So much about express mail "service"! It is an alleged scam! EMS seems to be part of the notorious "USPS" which is the United States Postal Service. We found out that EMS is run by UPU (Universal Postal Union) which are known to release new laws that are notorious to weaken Registered mail's security and cause huge amounts of mail theft. When we looked up who owns EMS and where it is based, we found out that some Mr. AKRAM ASSAF, Berne, Switzerland owns it. AVOID "express" mail "service" AT ALL COSTS! It's an alleged mail theft ring! Unreliable and allegedly crooked as it can get.

• Updated by Drew Thomas, Jan 23, 2017

It is slightly ridiculous that this website would not allow to EDIT the text of the complaint at least for 5 minutes after submitting it. I just want to edit the spelling and errors i found. Also, why would Fedex or EMS as Speed Couriers have to be listed under "Other" category, because this website can not even add "Logistics" or "Shiping Services" or "Mailing/Delivery Services" as a business category?

CORRECTION:

WRONG: Usually regular and registered mail letter would already arrive and would cost ore than10 times or more than 1000€ cheaper!!
    RIGHT: Usually regular and registered mail letter would already arrive and would cost less than10 times or more than 1000% cheaper!!

• Updated by Drew Thomas, Jan 23, 2017

I forgot to mention that the reason I chose the notorious EMS as our shipper (from Portugal to Thailand), because FEDEX is not available in this location or anywhere close within a thousand miles! We trusted EMS as we did not want to mail via regular mail. We trusted them, they lost it! Had Registered mail stolen mailed to Switzerland in the past. The country of Switzerland (where the notorious EMS seems to be headquartered) seems to not be as safe as they claim to be. We never lost any mail to Thailand before, not until we paid through the roof to the EMS "service".

• Updated by Drew Thomas, Feb 04, 2017

After I submitted inquiry form for lost mail, suddenly they found it and delivered to the recipient, which took abut 50 days to deliver.

Dr