Employment Select / Time waster

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I received a message from an outfit called employment Select regarding a job application I "had filed online" (which I had). They were very secretive about who they represented in their message. This is not unusual but it makes it hard to backtrack the source of the communication. The number I was given was based in New York, I called them and got a recording (big surprise!). Part of the recording was some VERY distorted audio about holding on for the next representative. I don't know how many other leech-like outfits there are out there but be seriously careful about who you deal with! It is pretty sad that some nefarious characters would prey on someone at such a low point in their life, but they do.

Comments

• Wo
      10th of Apr, 2009

I got the same type of call after posing a resume on line. Lots of blogs referring to Employment Select as a scam, others state they were happy with their expereince.
    As a seasoned job seeker, if the company is not willing to contact you one-on-one with no predictive dialers or call center techniques, you don't need thier services.
    I have experienced the Employment Select on-line application form, and even though I did not complete it (I bailed after the third page of questions having nothing to do with my job search, I *still* got a call from them.
    This does not bode well, and based on my experience, I'm avoiding them.

27th of Apr, 2009

I happen to know that Employment select is a REAL company that does verifications for other companies. I was hired by a fantastic company after submitting an application on CareerNetwork.com and then going through the verification process... I asked them questions instead of automatically writing the company off. They didn't ask for any information that I didn't already provide. They verify the information that people enter on their online application to ensure there are no mistakes since a lot of people make simple mistakes when filling out applications. It ensures accuracy so that the employer isn't wasting time calling wrong numbers and so forth. Then as for the confidential client. I'd advertise jobs with them to avoid 1000 people calling me "to check on the status of their application". The recording is because they have several associates and like nearly every large company, you need to wait to speak with a person. If you're not happy with your application being preverified I would say that's a matter of personal preference. I got my job through the process so maybe instead of critisizing employers tactics to sorting through their stacks of 500-1000 applications, you should worry more about getting a job...sounds like you aren't so open to work after all.

• Ke
      28th of Apr, 2009

Got a call today from Employment Select - they did not leave a message but I hit the call back on my phone and got them. I am working temp and it is hard to get calls - I wish more places would use the email that you need to put on your online resumes - no one does and I miss so many calls - not sure if this is a scam or not but they could email me and I could respond to that quicker.

• Fr
      12th of May, 2009

(SCAM) Employment Select.com is a LEAD GENERATION MILL FOR PRIVATE-FOR-PROFIT COLLEGE INSTITUTIONS. Their ONLY PURPOSE is to verify peoples data extracted from their Bait-N-Switch job apps. Theirwebsite hides behind the mask of employment screenings, only to screen you for college lead generation. Online blogs with positive comments are owned and commented by Employment Select.

• Ni
      19th of May, 2009

I agree- total scam. If anyone got a job- it wasnt from employment select. It was because you submitted to an honest company. I have received calls from COLLEGES- not employers! I have no interest in a school. These people post fake job postings to get your info for school. That's it. They called me, and I tracked the number and investigated. As for angelfet, how would you know if you got the job through this company, if they do not divulge WHO they are calling for? Go back and tell your bosses at employment select- that the posting didn't fly... not buying your story.