Empirian Village LLC / Not a place to stay

Spring hill lake complex is a place not renting. they are a jerk. Very ghetto and unprofessional especially this lady over there called LOUSE. i moved out for lack of promt responce to maintainance and unproffesional behavior. when i moved out, they robbed me of my security deposit of $400.00 talking about it is for capet cleaning. Eventhough i did clean their capet before moving out.that is sad please dont move there you will regret.

Ga

Comments

To
  16th of Jul, 2009

I also lived there and they let me live with bugs eating me for over a year and no filter on my a/c unit. Here is a sample letter.

Dear Sir:                                         11 June 2008

We have been trying incessantly, since our arrival in early October of 2007, to get the attention of anyone with the proper authority to rectify the situation, to notify them of the dilapidated conditions that we have been subjected to living in while renting at over 900 dollars a month a place that you rented to us agreeing it was reasonably free of pest and vermin. We have paid for this residence and yet have not received what we have paid for in the least. The foul and disgusting situation we find ourselves living in has been appealed to every staff member referred to us, from Managers who have been called at least 4 or 5 times and left messages with absolutely no response, to maintenance workers who have been in and out of our residence so much that the carpet is black with the track marks of their boots. And still we have not gotten a fair and clean place to live in in the interim.  We will continue to escalate this matter by every means necessary to every authoritative figure we can contact until we get a satisfactory answer and solution or a full refund.

Since moving in 9122 Edmonston Court, we have been subjected to daily floods from the toilet over the bathroom floor while going about the normal usage of the vessel. I personally have had to disinfect the floor at least 3 to 4 times a week after flushing. I have been wading in defecation more times than I care to count. Maintenance came numerous times and took the toilet off the floor and snaked it with this little device that never worked no matter how many times I protested that it didn’t work the last time so why are we just doing the same thing over and over and being left with an over flowing toilet problem that never get’s resolved. No one would listen and so they would use this little device to snake the toilet. It wouldn’t work but they would leave until I called them again and again and again. Over a couple of a dozen times. It has been infuriating. But what we found was that this was typical behavior and the worse was yet to come. We have:

1.) Roaches.
2.) in the refrigerator.
3.) in the microwave (That had to be thrown out due to over infestation of it.)
4.) in the dish washer.
5.) in the bed room.
6.) infesting the lap top in the bed room.
7.) in the closet.
8.) in the kitchen every time a light goes out.
9.) in my bed.
10.) in the night stand by the bed.
11.) crawling on my computer while using it.
12.) crawling on my legs while in bed.
13.) crawling on me while I am asleep.
14.) bites on my arm, of the which I cannot prove for I am not a roach bite expert, but I wake up with marks on my arms after going to bed with none.
15.) in the freezer.
16.) in shoes and under shoes.
17.) in gaping holes left by dry wall workers and maintenance with ill-repairs coming out into the bathroom crawling across tooth brushes and wash cloths/towels.
18.) It took them almost two months to unstop the kitchen sink. During this I could not use it for a whole week.
19.) There was an open hole in the bathroom under the sink with no face plate, that I had to repair myself. At least 7 months of complaining about this, maintenance came to repair it.
20.) The molding in the kitchen came off immediately once we moved in and the cabinet came loose from the wall.
21.) I cannot open a cabinet door without some desiccated roach antennae, wing or other dry body part floating from the draft, out into the food I am presently preparing.
22.) I have to wash every dish stored on the shelves again, before using them due to roaches crawling all over them in their search for food.
23.) I can pick up a random dish or bowl and find a roach hiding in it due to the lights coming on.

This list is by no means exhaustive and photo evidence of the motley repair job on this unit and the roach infestation have been included with this communiqué. It is a disgusting, dehumanizing and humiliating experience. You would not want to live here or like this I assure you. And the problem has escalated to the point of where we have incessantly requested to be moved to another, smaller unit to no avail. I do not understand why you insist on subjecting us to this squalid, filthy living space. But we have no intention of allowing this to go on uncontested. No matter what. I am trying to appeal to your sense of decency Sir in giving us what we have paid for and have yet to receive. I hope this letter finds you in agreement with us and intent on moving us to a residence that is clean and free of this filth and pest problem. We can no longer live like this, than the first week it was discovered. We were verbally offered a move by an unidentified woman who works in your administrative offices and filed the proper documents to be allowed to move, but have yet to receive a responsible reply. Please review the photo materials included as they are evidence of our claim. Why such evidence is needed I am unclear on. This isn’t a trial though it very well should be. I am sure this situation is not something you are unaware of though why your company would want to charge someone the cost of a town home to live in an apartment with the filth, dilapidated conditions and pest problems that we suffer, is beyond reason. I am at the point where I am wanting to demand satisfaction. This is sickening and the slow grind of the administrative solutions that we seek, that have to date, not been met have us living like this in month number 8 of a one year lease living in filth, human waste, roaches so numerous that the dead have to be cleaned up almost daily. This will not do Sir. And so it has escalated to your attention and will go further until justice is provided one way or another. What can you do for us Sir? Please expedite your response for we have yet paid another month of good money for a deplorable violation of services.

Sincerely

Stephan A. Lewis f

Pi
  2nd of Jun, 2010

I agree 100%... I have began the process of taking them to court they still have not found there way into my apartment. At this point I am requesting for the judge to have them return all funds paid to this date. I have found out that if you make a complaint about a storage room or laundry room around your apartment they enter it in as common area in their system and it does not get place as you personal request. I have even been denied a copy of the maintenance requests that I have made and there are no records that they could give me for the emergency requests. I have the letters, emails, and video to prove all of the issues I have complained about to Mrs. Sharon Thames - Property Manager, and her staff. I have requested meeting that have been ignored over and over. I have shown up unannounced just to be brushed away in hope to get me out faster. We will have our day in court and hopefully I can get my money back!!! This is terrible and the worst part is I have pictures that are identical to these from further back than what these are dated!!!

Ju
  20th of Aug, 2010

I am living there and miserable. My a/c does not work, my child had heat rash every other day, and I don't even want to get into the lack of pest control. Its depressing and no one will do anything about it. I am trying to move out, but they have blatantly screwed up my rental history, knowing I paid on time, every time. I am afraid that I will be stuck there, or thrown out because I complain too much.

Any support that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.