Empire Today / vinyl installation

Headquarters Illinois, US Review updated:

Last Wednesday, we waited for the installers who arrived during the two hour window. Hooray. However, upon their arrival, they told us we needed a plumber to disconnect the refrigerator and we needed quarter board for the molding once the flooing was nstalled. The sales rep never told us that so we cancelled the installation.

We rescheduled for today. We received a call at 730 informing us they would be here by 930. I finally called them to find out the installers truck broke down and no one ever thought to call us. I am fuming.

I am waiting for the manager to call me back. Two days I have wasted on this. I used Empire in another state and they were excellent. Not here.

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Mar 31, 2017

Dear Nancy,
    We strive to leave a positive impression with our customers, and we sincerely regret to hear that your installation was not completed as scheduled. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we'll be following up with you soon to address your concerns.
    Thank you.

• Updated by Nancy Niles, Apr 06, 2017

UPDATE TO NANCY NILES COMPLAINT ON MARCH 31st

The installers arrived during the time frame promised and quickly installed the vinyl flooring in the bathrooms. However, there was a problem with the vinyl in the kitchen because it was rolled improperly so there were bubbles. We had to stop the installation. He immediately sent a picture of the faulty flooring to install - Orlando that day. It is now Thursday. I have called them every day with no luck. Finally, someone picked up the phone today and informed me that NOW they will have to reorder the vinyl to finish the job. I have no place to eat. There is furniture all over the place. This is ridiculous. I have no problems with the product just the management. This is crazy. I have never seen anything like this...

Na
Mar 31, 2017

Comments

• Em
      Apr 03, 2017

I had carpeting installed January 2017 and was also lied to by my salesman. I purchase the most expensive Lifetime Warranty carpeting. Despite calls to Empire Today and their warranty department and the local installer for the past two MONTHS, I have received no assistance at all in them honoring my warranty. They said they would take care of me 10 days ago and still I have received no calls of assistance to replace the carpet and honor the warranty I paid over $3000 for. I even paid for a professional carpet cleaner to clean the carpet and had to send proof of this cleaning to the Empire Today warranty department and local installer. Neither has done anything since the receipt was sent to them on FEB 13, 2017. NO WAY should this company have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I agree that the local news media and the Better Business Bureau should be informed about their total lack of professionalism. The sales guy lied to me and even showed me a video of their fancy carpeting that had stain block so I would never have a problem. The product is not what they sold it to be.