Empire Today / unreturned deposit due to death of customer job #v100552

1 Old Bridge (Cliffwood Beach), United States

I made a request on September 4, 2018, regarding reimbursement for the remaining deposit on this cancelled installation. I've also made a request I made to empirefeedback@empiretoday.net on September 12, 2018. I've spoken to and emailed this request a third time on September 25, 2018.

My brother, who originally ordered the installation, died in mid August 2018. Before we lost him, he put a $900.00 deposit down on June 20, 2018 for carpeting at his home. My brother entered the hospital 9 days later and was not able to complete the purchase. I spoke with Empire on the phone at the end of June to explain that the installation could not take place. We received a partial refund of $450.00 on August 30, 2018.

I am requesting that the remainder of the deposit be refunded due to my brother's death. I have sent a copy of his death certificate twice, as well as the surrogate court's letter listing me as the executor of his estate.

No one has responded and the remainder of his deposit, which is significant, has yet to be returned to me. We've been trying for six weeks with no response.

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Oct 03, 2018

Rosalie, we sincerely apologize for your experience, and assure you that we take matters such as this very seriously. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Ro