[Resolved] Empire Today / luxury vinyl tile floor installation

1 Glastonbury, CT, United States

I had a scheduled tile installation for Saturday, August 25th. I received a call at 9:00 saying the installers were on their way. By 11:30 I started calling. The response was, 'We left a message for the installer to call you.' I called 7 times and never got a call from the installer or the installer's boss. No one ever came. By 5:00, I spoke with a manager who told me this was unacceptable. He told me that it was the only job the installer had that day. They scheduled me for Monday, the 27th. Again, more waiting. When the installer arrived he told me the truck had been loaded on Saturday but his boss told him not to come. They just never called me even after they were called 7 times. When the installer arrived he told me to vacate since the area was the entrance to the house and I wouldn't be able to walk on the surface. The property is empty so I left and returned the following morning and the tiles were installed neatly but they are not straight. There is not one line that is straight. At one point the tiles are off 3.5 inches in 12 feet. The sales person I originally spoke with took photos and thought the installer was drunk. I received an appointment for September 7th for them to rip it out and re-do the work. After waiting 5 hours (I was supposed to be first job of the day) they arrived at 2:00 and told me there is nothing that could be done because none of my walls were square and my rug that was adjacent to the tile was not straight. This was all determined with no measuring tape.
I got a second and third opinion from reputable sources who all agree the tiles were not installed correctly. They measure my rug and it is perfectly straight. Now I am stuck with a terrible tile installation that I could have done better myself. I would never recommend this company and if it doesn't get resolved will have to pursue a lawsuit. What a joke of a company.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Sep 10, 2018

Lynne, we've read your review and sincerely apologize for your experience. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns, thank you.

Mu