Empire Today, LLC / poor service!

United States Review updated:
Empire installed carpet in our home two years ago. We immediately noticed an inordinate amount of shedding, so we called Empire. They said that this was normal and that it would stop after a short time. The shedding continued - fuzz balls rolled up as we walked across the carpet and the vacuum cleaner got clogged every time we used it. So, we thought, maybe this vacuum is old, we'll buy a new one. So we bought a brand new Hoover. The problem continued. The vacuum clogged and stopped working every time we used it. We would lift it up off the floor and balls of carpet fuzz would fly out. We called Empire and they sent out one of their "inspectors" who submitted a report stating that there was nothing wrong with the carpet. So we took the vacuum back (JC Penney was very cooperative - thank you, JC Penney!) and we exchanged it for a more expensive Hoover. This didn't change a thing - same problem, same clog, same carpet fuzz balls. So we think, maybe it's the Hoover brand (not so, sorry Hoover) and we bought an Oreck vacuum. No change. At this point not only have we been vacuuming, but Stanley Steamer (good company!) has cleaned the carpet twice. So we call Empire again - again they send out an "inspector" who submits a report stating that there is nothing wrong with the carpet - it's just all the pet hair on the carpet that's the problem.

The pet hair is there because I can't vacuum my carpets!!! Dogs have lived in this house for 20 years and we have NEVER, EVER, EVER had this problem! I have spoken to Empire and they tell me there is nothing they can do - the "inspectors" report is the "final word." They simply don't care that they have installed an inferior carpet - they got their money and that's obviously all they care about. "Customer satisfaction" my eye.

A  4th of Sep, 2007 by
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Total customer satisfaction is important to us here at Empire Today. We take customer feedback very seriously and we are always striving to improve the customer’s experience. We have reviewed your posting and are currently researching this matter. You will be contacted within 24 hours to address your concerns in full detail.
A  5th of Sep, 2007 by
Well kids it's been over 24 hours and I haven't heard a peep from the very concerned folks at Empire Today. Perhaps if they were sending real comments instead of computer generated ones I would have heard something...

Empire Today Logo Empire Today