[Resolved] Empire Todayempire today carpet installation

So if I could give zero stars to this horrific company I would. It all started on Tuesday May 2nd with out consultation. We were very specific that if they could not install on either Thursday or Friday of this week we could not use their company. As our movers were delivering our furniture on Saturday May 6th. Mind you we were only wanting to carpet one bedroom. Not a huge job, shouldn't take very long. Well the consultation guy was extremely pushy and even though he said they were booked Thursday and Friday as I tried to get him to leave our house he schedule me for Monday without my permission. Why even bother, who does that? If someone has a specific time frame you don't do that. So I ended up calling customer service to see if either a Thursday or Friday installation opened up or to cancel if not. The woman I spoke to told me Friday was available. So she sent a note out to the installers to change my installation date to Friday and told me to call back in two hours to confirm the changes. Two hours later I call back and the customer service agent sees the note but now sees Friday is full. So I tell him that I want to cancel because we were very specific it had to be done by Friday night at the latest and now we need to find another company. He speaks to a manager and gets us squeezed in on Friday since the first woman left it in the notes Friday was available and since our job wouldn't be long. I also called and confirmed on Thursday that yes they did switch it installation to Friday we got the confirmation email all is well and good. Friday May 5th comes, it is 3:30pm and we have spoke to customer service multiple times to get an estimated time of arrival. Finally the installer calls us back and says he won't make it today. So we say either you come today or don't bother. This was our original stipulation and now stressing us all out. He says okay okay I'll make it today don't worry I'll call back at 4pm with my eta. 4pm comes and goes we have now called customer service a few more times. The installer calls us back again and says he won't make it he is too far away. Really? He says he can come install at 7am. Not ideal but not we have already been pulled around and can't get anyone else to do it that quickly. So we say okay then you have to actually be here at 7am. Since movers are at 3:30pm on Saturday. We call customer service to escalate this issue that they never showed. We do find out (and customer service in Texas will tell you straight up) the orlando market doesn't answer their phones, their voicemail is always full and they never call back. Lovely. 7am comes and goes, we call multiple times. 8:30am installers show up, they have the correct color carpet, that's a start, wrong padding, no materials to carpet over tile. Installer states they didn't read our order form. Umm, isn't that your job. Do you just guess what people ordered? They were going to switch us to cheap padding that wasn't even meant for tile. Are you kidding me? So he says they will have to go back and pick up the right materials and it will be a few hours. Now I'm just pissed, this is a joke right? Oh, and they leave the carpet and the wrong padding at my house. Again, I am flabbergasted, this is not how you do business. Hours go by, I think by this point customer service has spoken to us at least 20 times. Finally, they get ahold of Bill the Orlando Market manager and he calls me back. I tell him what's going on. No installation Friday, wrong materials Saturday, oh and there is carpet and padding sitting at my house and the installers had actually just informed us they were cancelling our installation and we had to reschedule. He claims to have no idea about this cancellation, nor any idea the materials are at our property. He says he will get ahold of them and call me back. Hour goes by and he finally calls me back. He guarantees me they will be their to install between 3:30pm and 4:30pm. Not ideal but we can hold of the movers doing the bedroom furniture until they are done. 4pm comes and goes and I call his direct extension, no answer, I leave a message. Never got a return call. Installers never showed up. We call customer service and tell them. I mean this is a joke right, they left all the carpet, and the wrong padding in the bedroom. Am I in another universe. I don't think I'm the crazy one here and this is literally nuts. We tell customer service if the installers don't come tonight and pick up this carpet it's going on the street. And this is Orlando I'm sure someone will pick it up during the night. Well midnight comes and goes, we throw everything on the curb and go to bed. It is now almost 7:30am, they never even bothered to call us. Carpet is gone. No contact from anyone. Usually I would assume businesses actually want business. Guess Empire today does not. What a joke. What's sad is had they been honest with us at the beginning we could have gotten another company to install our carpet. Thy ruined my entire move into my new house. I don't want to have carpet installed now that our really heavy furniture is in. They wasted days of time and energy I will never get back and they never even did the job they promised so they can't even compensate me for it. What a despicable company. What a joke. Customer service in Texas seems like they try but I told multiple people if they can't control the Orlando Market then either shut it down or fire everyone and start over. It's not that hard. I guess I'm stuck with cold tile floor in my bedroom now. Thanks for ruining everything.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, May 09, 2017

Dear Jessica,
    Our goal is for our customers to have a great experience from start to finish, and we're sorry that didn't happen. Please email your concerns and account information to [protected]@empire-today.com so that we can follow up with you.
    Thank you.

Je
May 07, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      May 09, 2017

OMG! The same thing just happened to me. Mine was a job at over $14, 000.00 and they never showed, I called so many times I finally gave up. They kept promising me they would be there and never showed. It is unbelievable that a company would do this and to many people, obviously. You are not alone.

• Di
      Jul 29, 2017

My complaint is just a tad different but it's a complaint. Called empire today for an flooring estimate and measurements to have them give us two dates for installation July 20 and the 25 for Tyle and carpet in 2 different rooms (right beside each other). 1st cancellation the day before the 20th is now scheduled for the 25th for both. But when inquiring about the scheduling both on the same day, it was so that the installers don't get in each other's way. So now the Tyle gets done on the 25th day but the carpet does not. I was told to reschedule that job for another day because they didn't have an installer. So I've complained and got a definite date for Saturday the 29th, to have received a call from empire tha they will have to cancel due to not having an installer again. Mind you when I made this appt on the 29th the girl said it would definitely be done, she spoke to an installer and he gave her the word. Now yesterday I've gotten a call from them stating they would not be here today due to not having an installer and I went ballistic on the phone, spoke with a so-called manager and asked him how could he help me and he said he would only be able to escalate my complaint to all of the managers in the installation warehouse. Woooowwwwww!!! Is that it? What is the story with the installers at this place? If they don't have any (which it seams) just say the word because I'm doing what I've planned to do the 2nd cancellation, go someplace else since caring for your customers is not in their daily works for the company. I always said I cannot wait until I buy a house to shop at empire today. Well that time has come and I'm going elsewhere!

• Cm
      Jul 31, 2017

Dear Customer,
    We regret to hear that you feel this way, and would like to address any questions or concerns that you may have. Please contact us at [protected]@empire-today.com with you concerns and account information, if you wish further assistance.
    Thank you.

• Di
      Aug 03, 2017

@cmonroe Yes I wish further assistance. What can you do to assist me with this matter? I need you to actually come and install my carpet? Any help?