Empire Today / refund/terrible customer service

Well, it is now 15 days after I cancelled my order with Empire and I still have not received a refund or, for that matter, heard anything from them, even though I've called their customers service department several times. The law in this state says that they must give me my money back within 10 days. Yeah, right. They keep me on hold for up to 10-15 minutes each time I try to call, then someone tells me they processed it, then when they transfer me to the refund dept., they tell me they just got it and it will take another 10 to 15 business days. I have sent emails (thru their website) and left voice mail messages to no avail. They won't give me an email address, physical address of their corporate offices (or any other office), phone number, nothing. They say it's not their policy to give that out. What???? What kind of crooked company won't tell you where they're located or give you any way to get ahold of anyone except by their jingle phone number? What a freakin' ripoff these people are!!!

Comments

• Lg
      20th of Mar, 2009

Empire Today has the worst customer service department I have ever encountered. A representative came out to my house to measure for window treatments. I gave her a check for $328 as a deposit. She never told me that they would be cashing it, she led me to believe they would hold it until the order was actually placed. Since it was evening, and I called first thing the next morning to cancel (after checking online and discovering that the blinds they were trying to sell me could be found for a third of the cost, including installation, and they were a better quality). A few days later I discovered that they had cashed my check. I called right away and they said that they would be issuing a refund that day. Well, it's almost 2 weeks later and I still don't have my money. I've called the customer service/refund department several times only to be treated very rudely and put on hold for over 15 minutes at times. They also, 3 times, told me that they would have someone call me to discuss the issue and I never received even one phone call. Their customer service representatives were EXTREMELY rude; they just kept repeating the same thing over and over and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. I will never, ever do business with them again, and I encourage anyone considering them to think twice. It's not only the money, if they were to apologize or offer something in the way of satisfaction or compensation, that would be a different story. But they were extremely rude and discourteous. This company is a total ripoff. If you do go ahead and go with them, I would also check with their competitors on prices and selection, as they may advertise low prices, but that is mostly because they use their own brands so you can't compare.

• Ti
      22nd of Mar, 2009

YOU SHOULD NEVER NEVER WRITE A CHECK AND ASSUME IT WONT BE CASHED, THATS YOUR FIRST COMPLAINT, AND BE HONEST, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG.REGARDING THE REST OF YOUR COMPLAINT I AGREE WITH YOU, I AM A FORMER SALESMAN, NORMALY YOUR PUCHASE PRICE IS ALWAYS LOWER THAN LOWES OR HOME DEPOT YOUR SALESMAN WAS UNETHICAL AND HE WILL SUFFER IN THE NEXT WORLD, IF THATS ANY CONSOLATION.

• Ti
      22nd of Mar, 2009

empire does have good prices and installers, corporate is with out question copletely wrong regarding their policy towards sales people after they train salespeople, and 60 days after we are in the field 10 people quit every month for the last 2 years, because they pay 4% commission, and we have to pay our own taxes and fuel, for every $100 turned in, after taxes and fuel and 12 hour days i get to keep $2, empire corporate likes it that way, they are very very smart.every month they have on going training and try to recruit at least 10 new people, who, when they realise whats going on will also quit.

• Co
      16th of Apr, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Ab
      22nd of Apr, 2009

i happen to work w/ the cancellations dept at empire today and yes they do scam people i do agree to that but also its not our fault about the refund, we wish we could just press a button and you could have your money right then and there but we cant and we have to follow all these damn stupid procedures but anyway the point is that we have to sent the request to cash management, and they are some really lazy ### people and the cash management office is located in north lake, IL at corporate and when you talk to the cancellations dept u speak w/ someone in Kansas... all i can say is i am very sorry about your unpleasant experience and don't recommend the company to anyone which i'm sure u wont anyway...
    sorry
    a disgruntal empire today employee