Empire Today / windows installed crooked

I called Empire Today because of the TV commercials and the fast service. The company might be great but the contractors they hire... well that's another story. They came out on time and as usual I had pictures on my computer of my windows before the job was done, because one picture speaks a thousand words. My old windows were 3 across in a straight line at the front of my house. Also there were no slate tiles missing on my roof around my old windows in the pictures I took of the job before it was done.

The new windows were installed crooked. Each one in 1 to 2 inches higher than the one next to it. I could not believe my eyes so I took a picture of the 3 new windows. Sure enough they appear to be going up hill. They even put the window trim (capping) on crooked. Everything was done from the inside even though the salesman told me that the windows would be put in from the outside. How can you possibly cap a window from the inside leaning out with your head down. It should have been done from the outside so they could make sure the windows and trim were straight. The explanation the installers gave me made no sense at all because I had pictures of my old windows and they were perfectly straight. It seems to me that if the old windows were straight then the new windows should be straight. Some of the trim between the new windows was cut too short and huge globs of caulk was put in the space.

My contract says that all debris would be cleaned up but I have pictures of wood chips and debris all over the roof on top of my eaves. They had a shop vac but no attempt was made to use it to clean up the debris on the 3 side windows. They did vacuum up the debris on the front roof over top of the porch where the 3 front windows were installed crooked.

When they hammered out my old wood windows in the front everything was thrown out the front window and a lot of wood chips and debris was left right at my front door. For $4049.00 cash I got 3 crooked windows and 5 other okay ones. I would not recommend Empire to anyone as far as windows are concerned.

N  14th of May, 2007 by
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Total customer satisfaction is important to us here at Empire Today.  We take customer feedback very seriously and we are always striving to improve the customer’s experience. We have reviewed your posting and are currently researching this matter. We want to work with you Mr. Raul to get your issues completed to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, we were not able to access your information through our systems being that you did not give enough information. Here is our toll free number 800-588-2300 and ask to speak to our Consumer Affair Specialist between the hours 9am-5:30pm CST Mon- Fri. Have a great day.

Empire Today Logo Empire Today