Empire Today / bad carpet

1 Anderson, SC, United States Review updated:

I had carpet put down about 6months ago, it started sheading, I call them and told them, it is in such bad condition that I riped it up and threw it out.

Comments

Ju
  4th of Oct, 2008

Actually, I found a place for laminate floor for 99 CENT SQ F!!! The warranty is for 50 years!!!

That is amazing, imagine all I can save. They installed it, they saud the installation is going to be around 500 bucks for 300 sg of my kitchen. Well, the store installed it in 10 days, it cost me 99 cents plus tax, but the installers charged me around 900 buck, the store said they dont have nothing to do whith installations prices, so I just paid it. The installation was fine, but, this store made me signed the 50 years warranty, and for my surprise, they said that once the floor is installed, the warranty is VOID!!! what in earht is that!!! A few months later, the laminate started to bend upwards, I called the store and I was told someone will be going to my hose in the next week. They indeed came the next, next, next week (three weeks later) and said that the laminate I purchased is very low quality and if I want it to last longer I should purchase new flooring!!! That is outrageous!! Next thing is that they will charge me 500 bucks to fix just a few laminates that are bending!!!

I had an estimate for empire today, but i learned from this blog that empire is a ripoff and that is not woth it, so I went to another store suggested in this blog, then all started to go wrong...

I learned my lesson, I should bought it from empire today in the first place, since they offered me an extraordinary flooring with written warranty and one year installation warranty. That is peace of mind. Next time, I will not be cheap as some people in this blog, shame for me, shame for you...