[Resolved] Empire Flooring / flooring

1 alvin, TX, United States Review updated:

I had empire flooring come out and show me some flooring samples. i picked the floor i wanted. i paid right then.they came out and laid the floor and in a week time the floor lost color and started to pull apart. i call many times and i said i want a inspector they said they will send there contractor. the contractor told me he does what they tell him and took a few pictures. the floor should have had a under layment. i have been calling and i get know return call i went with a big company so this would not happen i am screwed

• Resolution statement

• Henry,
    We're disappointed to hear that you have not been contacted. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you soon to discuss your concerns.
    Thank you.

He
Jan 30, 2018

Comments

14th of Apr, 2018

Had an appointment scheduled for today, never showed up. I can't imagine running a business with such little respect for their customers time.

9th of Aug, 2018

When in search of recommendations for flooring installation we were happy to here our neighbors had good luck with Empire Flooring. However, we are now living a nightmare with Empire Flooring since June 2017. Upon installation we made several service calls due to noises coming from the floor only to find out they said it was due to having our floating floor nailed down. Yes, our floating floors were nailed down. This produced a creaking cracking sound within week 1. After several attempts of contacting them through phone calls and emails they sent out a gentle man who stated we had to much furniture and left. A second guy was sent out and only three spots were removed of these nails. A third time was a charm and finally they removed the nails (with 4 months passing). The floor was now splitting from the edges leaving bare underneath resulting with them having to come back to fix those problems. With numerous returns to fix different slates in the floor, the buckling of the edges, numerous calls to customer service, and they are now making excuses that blames us for wrongfully mainting the floor. Excuses starting from, we mopped it with water, it’s our dogs, we have no humidifier (witch we do) the list goes on. Now fighting for a year, they are saying it is the humidity level, or lack thereof. Funny because our neighbors have the same floor and theirs looks and sounds great! Today Aug 9, 2018 I spoke with the General Manager for Empire in the Denver Metro area about the report that came out and how fast the results came back, I was baffled on how he treated me. The install manager who came out to look at the floor this last time said they had to get with their supplier to see what their conclusion would be, and we wouldn’t know anything for a few weeks. A report came back miraculously in 4-5 days saying it was our negligence causing damage to the floor. I made a call to the General Manger asking for a copy of this written report and an email from him and the supplier of their findings. He said, “that’s not going to happen”. When asked if he could send a copy of the signed contract and a copy of his statement on the findings his only response was if I could read, and did I read the contract. I have spoken to other employees and they say it takes up to 3 weeks to get an answer back from the supplier. With this all being said we have been left with a floor that has peeled, chipped and gouges that were left. I see no end in sight that these problems will be fixed. So, after every excuse where Empire said it was our fault from day 1, I feel I am obligated to write a review for help. And yes, we have had a humidifier in our house since 2014.

• Ha
      17th of Nov, 2018

We chose from their pallets of rugs and laminate flooring. They must've bought a cheaper version of the materials we've chosen, because the laminate wood started splitting and separating and the carpet lifted and shed with bald spots. They guarantee a Lifetime warranty, but that's a joke. They want to charge you to have someone come out and service the situation. WOW!!