Empire Flooring - Dallas, Texas / horrible experience!

United States Review updated:
(Empire Flooring, Dallas, Texas) I had a horrible experience with this company, they couldn't come out at my convenience like they promise on their add/commercial. Then when they finally did come out, they promised me professional carpet layers, which these guys were anything but. The team they sent out to lay the carpet laid it in the wrong direction, which caused seams to be very obviously seen. They cut corners, put marks all over my newly painted walls and broke two of my ceramic tiles on my kitchen floor. When I called the main office I was given an apology and promised a new team to come out and correct the problems. They sent the same team out and all they did was hammer on the seams and cut the excess. I was getting a bit angered at this so called fix. I called to speak with a supervisor or manager and explained the whole situation and he assured me all would be corrected. Now the third time another day I had to take off from work to be at home for the arrival of my promised correction. What I received was a man with a clip board agreeing with all that I had to say, took some notes and then went back to the office (no corrections made) and reported the exact opposite he told me and a witness I had present. I waited for a call back or follow up as to what was going to be corrected and heard absolutely nothing. After a week of waiting I called back only to be told everything was done! Well now I am very upset, not to mention I have already paid more than half the bill and been given horrible service and been lied to. I told the man I would have to be forced to take legal action and now all of a sudden he is sending me his very best expert team to replace the carpet and lay it right and assured me no seams would be seen. Since I had to move my own furniture myself along with the help of my friends I was offered monetary compensation (which never happened). A new team (two guys) came out to my house and were there for over 9 hours correcting what should have been done right the first time two months ago! Now keep in mind I have had four visits from someone from this company to my house in a two month time frame. I will never do business with this company again and I wouldn't wish them or this experience on my worst enemy!

I am an average hard working Joe and maybe $3500.00 is chump change to some gifted individuals, but for those of us that have to pretty much shed blood to obtain such a luxury, I expect to get my moneys worth that I worked so hard to get in the first place!

A  4th of Sep, 2007 by
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Total customer satisfaction is important to us here at Empire Today. We take customer feedback very seriously and we are always striving to improve the customer’s experience. We have reviewed your posting and are currently researching this matter. You will be contacted within 24 hours to address your concerns in full detail.
N  26th of Feb, 2009 by
I spent almost $8k on laminate floors and had a piece of trim that had been repaired from the original install fail again. Meaning, the trim piece will not stay flush on the floor. I was told that I will have to pay $125 dollars for something that should have been repaired correctly to begin with. Also, the customer service representative noted in their comments that Empire had been to my residence multiple times which is not true. With that said, I feel like I have been mislead on what falls under a warranty and will not consider Empire for future projects unless you can truly demonstrate that you want me as a repeatable customer.
N  26th of Feb, 2009 by
One other note in regards to this. Don't let them fool you with their warranties. Make sure you get the details because they will not hesitate to charge you outrageous labor fees for work that should have been taken care of under warranty or previous repairs. Very misleading and does not consider repeat customers to be important in my opinion. I had laminate floors put in and the original work was satisfactory. I will give them some credit.
N  1st of May, 2009 by
Update: by working with upper management I was able to get my flooring issues resolved. I appreciate upper managements understanding and will continue to work with Empire Today. Get details on warranties though!
A  3rd of Apr, 2010 by
Dont do business with these crooks. Please be careful if you have them finance anything! You end up oweing twice as much as it costs originally because the finance contract is so horrendous... These are the worst of the retail contracts in the retail industry. They should be ashamed, and yes they screwed up my laminate floor and left with out it being done... Absolutely a dreadful customer experience
Fellow Dallas Texas Empire customer (never again)
D  18th of Aug, 2010 by
I would like to note that we had a wonderful experience with Empire Today- Salesman brought tons of samples so we could see exactly how it would look with our furniture. We decided on laminate flooring in the living room & carpet in 3 bedrooms. They gave us a great deal since we were doing 4 rooms and paying cash, which enabled us to afford to do this.
The crews were fabulous! They sent one for the laminate and another for the carpet. They moved all the furniture, put the floors down, moved the furniture back & hauled away the old carpet.
I couldn’t be more pleased with the results and was impressed by how quickly it was installed after we ordered. I would highly recommend them if you are in need of new floors.

Empire Today Logo Empire Today