Empire Carpet / Horrible service!

1 MA, United States Review updated:

An Empire Carpet Rep came to my house to give me a "free estimate with no obligation." By the end of the visit I was shaking because this guy was so rude and so creepy. I could not get him to leave. He was insisting that I sign a form stating that I could cancel within three days. The price was outrageous. Do not bother with these people!

Ki

Comments

• Re
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Thank you for brining your concerns to the attention of Empire. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service to every customer. Unfortunately, we are unable to reference your account with the name provided on this website. We would like to work with you to resolve your concerns. Please contact us at CustomerSupport@empiretoday.com for further assistance.

• Ax
      21st of Feb, 2014

Carpet installation scheduled on Monday, February 10, 2014.The day of install, my wife received a phone call at 1130, informing her that the installers would be there between 11 and 3pm. At 5pm, my wife informed Empire that the installers never showed. She was asked to call back so that Empire could find out what happened. At 540pm, my wife called again and was told that Empire still did not know what happened since they could not get ah old of the installers, and that we couldn't file a “missed install” report until 6pm. At6pm, I called and filed the report. I was assured that we would get a phone call from Empire first thing in the morning. Due to the bedrooms already being prepared for the installers, my family had to sleep on the couch.
    Tuesday, 11 Feb 2014, I called Empire – they didn’t call us.I was informed that the previous day’s issue was due to not having enough installers. After being put on a hold, I was then told it was due to weather. Understand that weather was an issue, but it doesn’t explain why we never received a phone call. I was informed that we would be the installer’s first stop – but no time given. I asked for a supervisor and was told, “He’s not going to tell you anything different that I have.” After finally getting to a supervisor, I was finally given a time block 9-11am. At 850am, my wife received a call from the installers saying they were on their way. At 1115am, the installers finally arrived asking for a COD. Both my wife and the installer called Empire, and after more than 30minutes, finally got this taken care of.
    Once install was complete, my wife inspected the carpet. As she began putting the rooms back together and cleaning the furniture after the installers departed, she found the damaged walls and furniture. When the damage was discovered, I immediately informed Empire and was transferred to the home office.
    When I arrived in NC on Thursday, 13 Feb 2014, I inspected the furniture and took photographs. I was not directly in contact with anyone from the home office yet, but Helen Brown and I had left messages with each other. As I put my hand on my 60” TV and begin moving the cabinet back to where it was supposed to be, the TV nearly fell on the floor. As I inspected the TV, I found that the base was broken where it connects to the TV itself. After taking more photos of the TV stand damage, I had to brace the TV to keep it from falling over.
    I finally spoke with Helen on Friday afternoon, 14 Feb 2014, and she asked us to send her pictures.
    On Monday, 17 Feb 2014, I was contacted by Chandra Rogers, the Regional Customer Service rep – she received the pictures from Helen. She asked for estimates for the TV stand repair, wall/paint repair and she mentioned that Furniture Medic would contact us for the furniture. I informed her that due to all the customer service issues and associated damages, this entire install should be free. She informed me that she would notify the corporate office of my request.
    On Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014, I forwarded estimates for the new TV stand (~ $200 incl shipping) and informed her that the person inspecting the wall damage would be here Saturday, 22 Feb 2014. I also told her that we had not yet been contacted by Furniture Medic.
    Friday 21 Feb 2014, I received an email from Chandra. Empire was willing to offer us a 25% off ($934.00) installation with a signed general release. “At our leisure”, we can have repairs done as well as the replace the TV stand. I asked to clarify that WE would be responsible for all necessary repairs. I was told YES.
    How they can offer 25% when they don’t have all the quotes yet for damages. This is unsatisfactory. Overall, if we accepted this discount, we would get a$700 discount due to the sub-standard customer service. I am not willing to “sign a general release”without complete satisfaction in this ordeal.
    YU04112