Empire Carpet / Damaged Doors due to carpet installation

1 IN, United States Review updated:

Empire installed carpet in my entire home several years ago, when I wanted to update my bedroom carpet. I contacted Empire again, did not receive the advertised 60% off, the installer removed my doors now one door will not latch in it's frame (fire safety hazard), so unable to lock my bathroom door, out sourced installer returned to my home and reviewed the problem then stated "I am not a door professional", said he would contact his manager I have not heard from him or my sales person Robert Bilek, #QA3 (order #035793) after several calls to both. I contacted your customer service line [protected] rec'd a ref #[protected] and still no action. I am very disappointed with Empire I paid $2082.00 for carpet in one bedroom and now I have no privacy in my master bathroom. The good feelings once held for Empire has changed. Please contact me ASAP. My next course of action will be the BBB, Ripoff Website and/or Indiana Secy of State.

C. Rainey
Indianapolis, IN

Comments

• Co
      11th of May, 2009

Empire Today is currently researching your concerns. We always want to ensure that you have the best possible experience, and a customer care team member will contact you directly within one business day to work toward a resolution. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Je
      11th of Feb, 2013

Hello I am Jeanette daughter of Joseph and Martha Harrison I have called you2 days IN A Row no reply call bac yet!765 649-9915 The installers NEED TO return and FIX THE PROBLEM. THE SALES REP arrived Carpet was selected By Me, Dad and Mom then SALE REP ASKED INSTEAD OF THE OVAL SHAPE AT THE FRONT DOOR AROUND THE TILE WITH THE SILVER TRIM WOULD THEY RATHER HAVE IT SQUARE WITH GOLD TRIM AND DAD ANSWERED YES ! SO THE ORDER WAS FOR THE INSTALLERS TO SQUARE THE FLOOR OFF AT THE FRONT DOOR AROUND! With Installation Being THE NEXT DAY! i WAS NOT HOME BUT UPON ARRIVING HOME I WAS IN SHOCK! CARPET WAS COVERING THE TILE RIGHT UP TO DOOR AND I HURT CHEST GETTIN IN DOOR IT CANT BE OPENED DUE TO CARPET COVERING TILE OPENING SO PLEASE SEND THE INSTALLERS BAC OUT TO FIX CARPET SO DOOR CAN BE OPENED! ASAP! THANK YOU.