Emmanuel Salon / Unwanted Hair Cut & Badgering of Employee

1 Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-313-3737

My 17 year old daughter has been working in the salon my husband and I both are clients of…and she absolutely loved working there. She was considering becoming a stylist until a few days ago.

This salon is run by a husband/wife team. The wife cuts mine and David's hair and **appears** to be a decent person with some morals…however…from what I observed as well as my husband as clients…then our daughter as his employee…the husband has some issues.

Our daughter has been trying to grow her hair out for the past year from a bad hair cut and it was finally to her shoulders. **He** had been eyeing her ever since she worked there, saying he would LOVE to get a hold of her hair. She finally succumbed telling him tho she only wanted him to trim it and shape it up.

He preceded to go after her hair with a RAZOR chopping it OFF to her CHIN. The entire time telling her she had an OLD lady hair cut!!...and WHY would she WANT long hair anyway it is BORING!! This is supposed to be a professional MAN who runs a salon? Dealing with a 17 year old girl… as a Hair stylist did he NOT understand her HAIR was important to her????

She was so horrified when she left and called me because she didn't want to be seen in public because she felt like she LOOKED like a BOY!

They also have a MySpace acct…and she showed me where he had changed the headline where you can put your **thought** by your picture…

Typically it would say something like **Come by our salon and check us out**….after this incident it now reads "Let me get this straight, you want something totaly different, but you don't want to cut off any length, and no layers? " something that implies they are making fun of my daughter…How unprofessional of them!!…. Of course they are trying to make it sound like they get this all the time from clients...but isn't it ironic they changed it immediately after this cut? Also NOT a good marketing tool to bring clients in as well... they must appreciate negative advertising?

ALL I HAVE to say is: Emmanuel Salon...DON'T go THERE...unless you are looking for negativity...a harsh employer and the hair cut you didn't ask for which is way over priced as well I might add.

Comments

• Un
      24th of Jan, 2009

I have gone to Emmanuel Salon for a long while and I could not disagree with your complaint more. I have received only the best service and the owners are wonderful people. I'm sorry that your daughter got a haircut she did not want, but that does not give you the justification for bashing it the way you have.

And as for your opinion of the owner, Brian, you could not be more wrong. He is a happily married man and father without any 'issues'.

Next time, before you overreact and write lies on the internet, consider the simple truth - that your daughter got a haircut she didn't want. That's it. At some point in our lives, everyone has received a haircut they didn't exactly want. But, and here's the real kicker, life still goes on.

Sorry for the short reply, but there are a lot more important things in life than incorrectly attacking others over a haircut. Thanks.

• Bi
      26th of Jan, 2009
    Emmanuel Salon - can't get enough
    Emmanuel slaon

I visit this salon frequently and iI have to say it is awesome. My only complaint is I can't get enough of the service and attention I receive from this place.

• Ha
      31st of May, 2011

Emmanuel is a wonderful salon. We have been customers for almost 20 years (since before they moved to Sugarland). Let me say this - we live in the city, and still make the long drive down 59 to Sugarland so that we can get our hair done (me, my wife, and our two children) by the owner. That should be testament enough...

• Tr
      1st of Aug, 2016

My own morals could not let me agree with this comment my daughter has been going to both of the owners for years. My daughter has worked very closely with both the husband and wife. She worked there for a short time but her schedule got overly busy with school and she could not work there anymore they were very kind to her fair and never made her feel anything less than adequate.she had very long hair and they never once made her to feel guilty about it or went to get her her wishes to cut it off.when she decided on her own cognizance to cut her hair they were totally professional and careful to not even cut too much as they didn't want it to be a shock to her.
    Even though I'm very sympathetic that your daughter felt bad in anyway I think that there is a possibility that this whole thing was blown out of proportion.