Emirates Airlines / pathetic customer service and the consequential financial/psychological loss/damage

1 117 Lantern Way, NC 27510Carrboro, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 919-960-4930

From: sralom@hotmail.com
To: mostafa@emirates.com
Cc: krish@citechco.net
Subject: complain against emirates' most terrible customer service & consequential severe damage
Date: thu, 1 may 2008 16:15:04 - 0400

Immediate attention please !!

Dear mr. mostafa karam:
Vice president of emirates customer affairs & service audits.

Ref: complain against emirates' most terrible customer service & consequential severe
damage !!

This refers to my 'appended below memo' made to emirates, new york, usa, on 4/28/08 and 4/29/08 (at ekusa@emirates.com) consecutively and repeatedly—preceded by my long telephone discussions with emirates two passenger fare & services agents (one was ms. trushali) on 4/23/08 at around 11: 00 am.

The said self-explanatory memo should reveal my deepest frustrations, rejections, and more importantly the consequential damage caused to me exclusively because of horrendous emirates customer service at its new york (usa) office. please be recorded that I had the experience of modest frustrations with emirates new york over that last few years. I am compelled to bring it up with your excellence because of the irreparable damaged caused to me following emirates absolute disregard to my concerns.

Hence, I am decided to take it up to the highest level, even at the international air services complain board, if so called for.

I would look forward to having my grievances properly and immediately addressed by your good office.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Sincerely,

Syed r alom
117 lantern way,
Carrboro, north carolina,
Nc [protected]
Usa
E-mail: sralom@hotmail.com

Cc: (i) victory travels limited, dhaka, bangladesh
attn: mr. shafiqul alam (marketing manager)

(ii) manager/director, emirates new york office, usa.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Attachment: memo e-mailed to emirates, new york, usa

Most immediate !!

To whom it may concern:

I am, alom/syedrafiqulmr, writing this memo with deep frustrations and despondence. I have one-yr. valid emirates return-ticket for the journey: dhaka/bangladesh to rdu/usa and rdu/usa to dhaka/bangladesh. I have been traveling with emirates on such arrangement since 2000, while I had to take an irritating process of 'revalidation' from emirates ny office prior to my each return journey from usa. however, my dhaka travel agent has issued 'electronic ticket' this year so as to skip that process.

While rescheduling my return journey, I contacted the emirates passenger fare & services of new york on 4/23/08 at 11:00 am over telephone. following a long hassle, I succeeded in making my case clear to the agent ms. trushali. she was both receptive as well as understandable as to my two immediate concerns: (i) cancellation of my tentative journey from rdu/raleigh on 4/28/08; and (ii) rescheduling my return flight at the earliest. ms. trushali assured me of my upcoming flight cancellation and promised me to update by return email about rescheduling the return journey upon confirming some specific queries with the emirates/dhaka right away.

Ms. trushali has my both e-mail address and telephone number. but, I have no feed-back from her as to date. indeed, I am tired of such customer relation of emirates !!

The following are the major highlights of my electronic ticket:

Passenger name: alom/syedrafiqulmr
Date of purchase and place: 08oct07 [protected] bd
1760/dacmo abc-air limited/dhaka
Ticket no: 0 176 [protected] 6 (not valid after 11oct/08)
Terms: non end/rert/vld on ek/aa only
Itinerary: dac-dxb 585y-lgw ek 011y-rdu-aa174y on 12oct/07
rdu-aa174y to lhr on 28apr/08 to dxb-ek002y on 29apr/08
to dac-ek 582y on 30apr/08 ** return journey **
Travel agent: victory travel, dhaka, bangladesh

I would definitely expect emirates to attend my concern forthwith.

Syed r alom
117 lantern way,
Carrboro, nc 27510,
E-mail: sralom@hotmail.com
Tele: [protected]

Conluding remark:
Despite my repeated and consecutive approaches to the emirates customer affairs and audit through e-mails,
I am left stranded and so remaining uncertain about my immediate arrival in dhaka, bangladesh. I have a valid electronic return ticket issued by the emirates, and I have a time-bound compelling business priority in dhaka. notwithstanding that, I have no reply from either emirates new york/usa or emirates dubai customer affairs till date. of more humiliation, I just received a message from emirates, dubai, that they are closed !!

Comments

• Sh
      29th of May, 2008

Hai, My name is Shibu Philip residing in the United Kingdom.I travelled on emirates airlines from Manchester to Trivandrum(India) on 24 th march'08 : flight # Ek 0020 to Dubai and Dubai to Trivandrum (India) by Ek 0520 on reaching I was surprised my baggage has gone missing.They told me it will come on 27 th morning. I requested them to kindly send my baggage to Cochin as it was more near to my residense in India as my trip was due to severe sickness of my Father back in India & he was hospitalised.It was also agreed by the ground staff of Emirates Airlines and also promised that I will be paid an missing alowance of $50 per day plus Taxi fare for reaching the airport and back.Finally i collected my baggage from Cochin on the 29th of March'08 through Air India office and was also told that i will get my refund from the Trivandrum Airport on my way back to UK.Unfortunately it was denied again by the Emirates Ground Staff at the Trivandrum Airport .Emirates Airlines ref no. ( A/TRVEK12848) .Finally I would request you to kindly do the needfull as I had all my belongings in that Bag only as I had no hand baggage and my trip was solely due to severe sickness and emergency.My contact details are as follows : Shibu Philip, 69 Beech Drive, Ulverston Cumbria, LA12 9EU ; Tel : (0044)01229587741 ; 07883016276.
    Thanking you,
    Sincerely,
    Shibu Philip

• Mu
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Want to know your tel nos in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

• Ta
      17th of Sep, 2008

sir, im taimoor from pakistan gujrat
    i was want to go azerbaijan resant SATURDAY my all dakoment compleat and perfact .
    emirates officar not essued boding card i loss time and money.my reservation id KQQFWM
    FLIGHT 625 ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 13, 2008
    DEPART LAHORE ARPT

ARRIVE DUBAI INT ARPT . SIR HELP ME

• Mo
      19th of Jan, 2010

To whom it may concern,
    I travelled to Dhaka Bangladesh with emirates airlines on 17th November 2009 and returned
    back on the 13th of January 2010. I tried to change the flight dates in emirates office in Sylhet, so I had to go to the office four times just to change the dates which was on the 17th December 2009.

There were only 2 staffs and they spent ages talking on the phone and sometimes they were answering 2 phone calls at the same time and i heard them talking about non-related work to other people about their social life which i believe they were talking to either their friends or family.
    After waiting for hours in the cue, they asked me to come back after few days which i then did on the 23rd December 2009. I cued up again for another good few hours because loads of other people were also waiting. However i then realized that they were only serving their friends or people that they know rather than the people that were already waiting in the cue. I then got really angry and left. I came back on the 29th of December 2009 and i managed to see someone in the end behind the counter at last. They managed to change the date but they want me to come back after a few days to reconfirm the tickets, which i flew out of Bangladesh on 2nd January 2010.

I found the staff in Syhlet Branch unprofessional and a waste of time and also extremely rude. If this carries on the way it is now, i will most definitely not travel with Emirates Airline and i will not recommend my friends and families using the Emirates Airline.

Yours Sincerely
    M. Rahman
    email: mohbub@hotmail.co.uk

2nd of Mar, 2010

My wife and I took off from Brisbane, Australia, on February 25th, 2010, at 2:45 am on flight EK433 on a short break to Singapore (about 7.5 hours flying time). We got two hours into the flight and most passengers were looking to have a nice sleep. We were seated in the rear right hand section of the Boeing 777-300. A nice aircraft; new and kept clean, but that is where the nice stuff stopped. We decided to try Emirates after many years of flying other carriers, but we did not expect what we got in the way of the customer service experience on this flight. The seemingly knowledge bound and forever enlightened Y generation male proud loud leader of the pack confident rear end bursar decided in as much wisdom of an elderly citizen and with a brain of a two year old to have a group lesson learning experience and loud group discussion for over three hours in the rear kitchen space towards the tail of the aircraft. We and others just
    could not believe the crap that this group of more than six cabin crew could spew out verbally into the cabin. Anyway, when I finally complained about the fact that most passengers were trying to sleep the man of the moment decided to laugh it off and keep going on with his group activities. Yes, you are all correct; there is no place to complain on the Emirates web site and I don't think there would be any point, as this bunch of would be pretenders are just that, "pretenders" with as much arrogance to hand around as you will find in any aviation environment. And the food ? Just get the fast food burger half an hour before you board as you will be a long way in front of what this company presents to any human for legal consumption. Damage Resulting = No sleep. Arrived in Singapore as did over thirty other rear seating passengers who also were pissed off with the noise for over three hours at a critical usual sleep time in this flight. The cabin crew were mostly junior females who showed no interest in dealing with the problem and just gave a quizzical stare, as if they could not care at all about what I was wanting to discuss with them. I guess the only relief I will find here is that it looks like I am only one of many disappointed travellers out there who have travelled with Emirates, as this airline seems to not respond to complaints. If you try as I did in asking for a cabin crew members name for your complaint handling, you won't get very far either, as you are just met as we were with silence (and the i.d. tags are conspicuously printed small (perhaps they are inviting you to grab them by the neck to find out their name?). From: Mark Williams, Aircraft Pilot and travelling member of the public of over 30 years and over one hundred flight sectors in large passenger jets (as a passenger).

• Ro
      23rd of Nov, 2010

i've been attacked twice by a passenger on a flight from milan to dubay on the 12th of november 2010.
    i defended myself and answer to the biting.after we were divided, i was apologizing to the flight attendant and, still with my hands up (and a broken jumper and shirt) i've been attacked again and everybody has seen it.
    as a result, the airlpane was brought back to the airport, we weren't flying yet, i i was made to live the airplane as a not welcomed person while the attacker was left on the plane, belive it or not.
    now i know that i should not have reaket that way, but i was the victim and i was made to live.the captain didn't even talked to us but just assumed that because the other guy was the one who was biten up, he had the right to stay on the airplane. I'm not just saying this because i think so, but because a police inspector, while i was making a formal complain against the guy, called the person in charge for emirates airlain in Milan and that's what he was told.
    neither the inspector of police nor I could belive it.
    now, after reading all the stories here writter i don't know if I should take legal action against the company or not.
    I toke legal action against tha other guy