Emirates Airlines / terrible service!

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

Would like to register an official complaint about the poor service that I have received through the skywards customer service center telephone staff. In August 2007, I was upgraded from silver to gold status and was expecting to receive the new pack as I, my husband and my child have always done in the past. However, the pack did not arrive.

When I chased it up at the end of August through the customer service center telephone number – [protected] – I confirmed that the telephone number and postal address was correct but the pack still did not arrive. Prior to traveling in November 2007, I again chased the pack through the customer service center, again confirming the telephone number and postal address but again the pack did not arrive. This meant that I was not permitted to access the lounge in Dubai and Singapore as the only card I had in my possession was a silver card not the required gold card.

I was informed by the Emirates staff at the check-in counter at both airports that without the physical gold card they could not issue a voucher to the lounge, despite the fact that I had accrued more than enough points to earn the gold card. Upon my return to Dubai in January 2008, I again chased up the card through the customer service center and again confirmed my telephone number and postal address. However, the operator also confirmed my street address – a detail that no other operator had done in the past. The address on file was more than 2 years out of date. I corrected the information and was assured the information was on its way.

In February 2008, I again contacted the customer service center having not received the card more that six months after the original date. The operator, after hearing my complaint stated as above hung up on me.

I then tried calling four additional times but each times was hung up on after the phone was answered by the operator.

Comments

8th of Feb, 2008

I found no way of providing a feedback to Emirates Airlines. This is the only way I thought I can share my thoughts about it.
    Along with my family I recently went to India by Emirates Airlines - Houston to Mumbai via Dubai. While boarding from Houston, our cabin bags were taken away saying that there was no space (which we later found, was there). We were not even given any time to take our important stuff to keep with us. Upon asking we were told, that our bags will be given back in Dubai. However when we reached Dubai, we found out that we had to clear immigration to get our cabin bags, which was not possible. And were asked to transfer those bags to our final destination. We had all our next boarding passes and important papers and things in those bags. Since we had no other choice we had to make a request for the bags to be sent to our final destination.

We got our bags 7 day after we reached. Not only that, the seal was broken and some of the goods stolen!! What I don't get is, why were we not told about the immigration clearance required just to pick our cabin bags. Its not like we didn't ask. After a lot of requesting we were told that we will get our cabin bags without any problem? If the airline crew itself don't know any thing, what are we supposed to do? Its not the money but the memories we lost from the goods that were stolen. All we want is that the culprit should be caught!! If the internal airline members do such a thing can we really trust them???

This has been a very bad experience for my family, never to be forgotten!!

• Ju
      10th of Feb, 2008

I traveled overseas from Sydney to Syria on the 16th of July 2007. our flight was delayed in Sydney and didn’t fly out till 10.00pm, this made us late for the flight from Dubai to Damascus. We had to wait 5 hours until the next plane. In this time I had something to eat at your restaurant in Dubai airport. I fell very very sick on the flight from Dubai to Damascus. I was vomiting non stop in the bathroom and no one would help me. My head was spinning and asked staff that I really needed to lye down, I was told to sit in my chair and nothing can be done. I was really sick and had a huge head ache. They didn’t help. I was mad with them.

I had my 6 year daughter with me. She was so scared she was by herself most of the trip as i was sick in the toilet.

On our flight home from Syria to Sydney (3rd September) we purchased a bottle of scotch from Dubai airport. This was taken in customs. I explained that I had just purchased it and was told I can’t take liquid on board. WHY WEREN’T WE TOLD. I paid $180 USD. THERE WHERE HUNDREDS OF LIQUOR BOTTLES IN A HUGE PLASTIC CONTAINER, Someone is making a lot of money??? This is not fair and I think I should be refunded, Something or someone is CORRUPT

My family and I have traveled with you before on a number of occasions and never had problems, I don’t understand why the service of Emirates has gone down so much. I am extremely upset with Emirates!

• Ed
      14th of Feb, 2008

Have you tried calling singapore emirates office?

27th of Mar, 2008

I don't have any other word except don't travel with Emirates. They are awful. They treat people inhuman.

• Ve
      2nd of May, 2008

If u do not have a Gold card, u cud go to www.skywards.com and log into u r account and under my account option u have temporary card. U cud print that temp card and utilize to get all the benifits of the Gold member like access to the business lounge . U cud also send a fax to 0097143167001 with u r correct postal address and the post code.

PS: Also to let u know that if one has a silver card, they cud access the business longe

• Li
      10th of Jul, 2008

emirates airways is awful!!!

• Po
      30th of Jan, 2009

sarah no they dont, people treat crew like ### ..have people ever heard of a please and thank you..no its just get me!!!

all i can say dont bite the hand that feeds you

• Wi
      20th of Aug, 2009

Have flown internationally on KLM, JAL, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Air France, Qantas, Air New Zealand, LAN Chile, China Eastern, Jetstar (and even Continental and United back in the day) plus others I've no doubt forgotten and a bunch of domestics. Would fly any of them again tomorrow but hope never to fly Emirates again. Their gloss is only skin deep. They talk a good game but when you really need it their customer service is the worst of any - unless your idea of a holiday is paying for a tickets then staying home. Just save yourself and your family the hassle and fly an airline that makes an effort.