Emirates Airlines / rude and bad service

1 Germany Review updated:

A terrible experience happened to my mom and my sister when they were flying with Emirates from Germany to Jakarta via Dubai. My mom has illness and was hospitalized for some times in a hospital in Germany. On the day she had to take the flight back to Indonesia, she was not able to walk properly due to her illness so my sister has to arrange and doing everything for her. My mom was seated somewhere while my sister went for check in. But then they also asked my sister to present my mom in front of them.

This bad story began when they got problem due to overweight. Their both luggage reached 65 kg and according to the policy I read on their website, Maximum weight per bag is 32 kg (71 lb) for transportation in to, out of or via Dubai International Airport in accordance with Dubai Civil Aviation regulations. This means, they have 1 kg overweight and they asked my sister to take out 5 kg from the luggage to take it with her as hand luggage.

This created more problems on the gates. They could not go in because they have too heavy hand luggage (of course yes if they have to carry 5 kg in addition to what they had on that time!). They asked them either to pay for more than 1 thousand Euros for the excess or to throw 1 luggage! They didn’t carry that much money of course and none of them has credit card that time. I tried to call them and explain that I’m her sister and on the way to Frankfurt airport. I could pay the excess or I will take the luggage with me. But they said, this is not possible and they suggested either to re-book the flight for the next day or to throw the luggage.

Just for your information that there is medical report from the doctors and hospital of my mother’s illness during her stay in Germany. Why they didn’t take those important materials with them? Please note that they were yelling at my sister because that was the time already for boarding. Under such pressure, no body will be able to think that fast of what things important are!

So, my sister left the luggage behind and they went through the gate.

The next thing, they found that they have been crossed out from the list of passengers without asking permission in advance but then my sister told them that their visa is valid only until that day. Hence, they put them back on the list to Dubai but were crossed out already for the flight to Jakarta. So, they kicked them out from both flight and put them back without solving all flight connections.

Due to bad weather, the passengers had to stay inside from 21:15 until 4 o’clock in the morning. One passenger was complaining and asked them to be responsible for that and give them room in hotel. Finally they were given the room but not for the 5 people including my mom and my sis because their visa is not valid anymore so then they were not allowed to leave the transit area. Again they gave bad service because they were not responsible of those 5 people, neither room to sleep, nor foods for breakfast and lunch because they finally could fly only the next day at 14.15 local time.

When I arrived in Frankfurt airport that evening to meet my mom and sister or to take back the luggage, it was 22pm and I didn’t know if the airplane still not take off yet. I went to Emirates counter and asking about this but the rude guy telling me that the luggage has been thrown out and not possible to take it back (it was only 30 minute ago), and I hate the way he underestimated me by saying “this girl does not understand what I’m saying”. By the way, I've never seen any regulation to throw luggage, none of the website (Frankfurt airport and Emirates), so what is this? There were several important things related to someone's life! I switched then to the second question asking why they were crossed out without asking permission, then he refused to answer and just left us instead of answering.

I tried to find the way to complaint in their website but found NOTHING!

Emirates has been my favorite flight ever, but now, I will NEVER EVER FLY WITH EMIRATES again in my life. NEVER!!!

Vi

Comments

• Ra
      22nd of Aug, 2012

it is true, the staff is extremely rude specially some black south african girls, they dont have the manners to talk.

• Ra
      22nd of Aug, 2012

RECENTLY I TOOK A FLIGHT FROM DUBAI, EMIRATES TO LONDON, I MUST SAY EMIRATES HAVE HIRED A BUNCH OF CHEATERS AT THE GROUND, I HAD 5 KG OVERWEIGHT, AND THE GROUND STAFF A GIRL ( SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL) ASKS ME TO EITHER PAY THE CHARGES FOR 15 KGS OR GIVE HER IN CASH FOR 5 KG..WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? WHY WOULD EMIRATES HIGHER SUCH CULPRITS? IS THERE ANY OFFICIAL PAGE WHERE I CAN GIVE A WRITTEN COMPLAINT?

• Vi
      23rd of Aug, 2012

Hi Ralph,
    Thanks for your comment. I definitely agree with you. Cheaters, unprofessional and rude staffs! I sent an email that time to: Customer.[protected]@emirates.com and i called them many times as well. Unfortunately their response was disappointing. I hope you will be luckier than me but better dont expect too much! I am just committed never fly again with Emirates except it's extremely urgent and i have no option than to take it. Good luck Ralph!