Emirates Airlines / expensive goods stolen

I boarded an emirates flight from johannesburg on 23rd nov 14.10 hrs fl no. ek0762 to dubai then to mumbai on 24th nov 04.00hrs flt no. ek0504. My baggage was checked in at johannesburg through to mumbai.

When i received my luggage at mumbai i found the lock broken and my nikon camera rs 350000, kodak camera rs 10000 and a reebok sun glasses 5000rs stolen with their cases left back.

I have complained to the emirates office in mumbai airport. I want a complete investigation done and i want full compensation for my lost goods.

how can goods be stolen after checkin . That means it is the work of the emirates staff only. i want to warn all travellers not to travel by emirates..

Si

Comments

21st of Dec, 2010

hi i travel from JFK to INDIA - CHENNAI, i losed my computer and perfume in it can any one tell, is there any chance to get it back

• Fo
      31st of Dec, 2010

I had 2/3's of my luggage stolen from Johannesburg as well !!! Emirates are being completely complacent about it too. Not only that, at the bottom of my bag I found two new packs of cigarettes as well as a small bolt cutters !!! Obviously what the thief was using to break into luggage with. And guess what ... Emirates are not the slightest bit intersted in wanting them to take finger prints off !! They are the pits !!!

• Fo
      31st of Dec, 2010

... meant to say that mine luggage was broken into on 14 November ... just ten days before yours !!! Do we see a pattern here ? Of course we do but Emirates dont seem to !

• Ex
      10th of Jan, 2011

I had a similar problem in December - I had to fly back to Germany at my expense to collect my goods - trying to call Emirates was a no-event. Emirates just do not care about the security of their passangers belongings - thank goodness the German police did.
    So far I am out of pocket for 750 Euro's odd plus flights to Germany and back to Johannesburg.
    Stay away from these shysters !