Emillionaire Institute/kevin Got His Green / making $5000 on google from home

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I just found an ad on facebook and because the story sounded quite genuine and I'm very vunerable right now as most people are with the credit crunch I completed the online form and hit the submit botton.

It would be great to shut down this link to stop others being scammed. I did this about 45 mins ago then called my credit card to report myself. They said they could not block it, but if the transaction takes place, they could then file a dispute.

I hope it doesnt affect me, as no confirmation email has been sent out and it only asked for $1. This makes me feel so sick and stupid. I never fall for scams like this usually. Just because it had a face that seemed genuine. I hope its not too late for me.

Jane

Comments

• Ph
      12th of Feb, 2009

i've seen the same advert, and quite intriuged.
    has anything come of it?

• To
      12th of Feb, 2009

as usual when I see something like that link I search on no other than google itself... google reveal me this and a couple other post claiming that website ring to be suspicious of scam.

• Fr
      12th of Feb, 2009

Just got caugh, feels like a fool!!

• Li

just go caugh too :-((

• Al
      12th of Feb, 2009

I just got scammed on this too...ugh...please continue posts with to resolve this problem. I hope my bank will just cancel the charge. Help!?

• Ap
      12th of Feb, 2009

Check out this website: /URL removed/?q5=emillionaire&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search!
    it's a list of victim's reports on the emillionaire scam
    got scammed too, did my research straight after and rang the bank to cancel my credit card. since it's a debit, i took my money out first so i'm hoping they can't take anything out

• Es
      12th of Feb, 2009

What happens? What is the scam?

• Ap
      12th of Feb, 2009

ppl sign up for a google money system kit and have a couple $100 charged on their credit account. emails to contact them bounce back, the kit doesn't come and by the sound of it, neither does the promised cheque

• Tk
      12th of Feb, 2009

I also did the same, no confirmation or e-mails, no such log in website. I found the ad on facebook and thought it was reliable. I am just waiting to see what i can do if they end up attacking my credit card. Such scammers...

• To
      13th of Feb, 2009

Just entered my details and got scammed as well :( DON'T DO IT PEOPLE, and remember the rule of thumb for all of these sorts of things: IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS...

• Bo
      13th of Feb, 2009

OOOH - I almost did it but chickened out when it asked for CC details and decided to search if there were any complaints - I used a bogus name and and 'alternate' email address so hopefully they wont keep contacting me via email - THANKS for posting you r complaints - I am VERY thankful that I did not hit the send me now button and that I had your comments of warning to refer to - Good on you guys - I hope it all works out OK : )

Anna

• Re
      13th of Feb, 2009

I, too, chickened out when it asked for credit card info. Something just didn't seem right. I'm hoping they don't deluge my inbox with their ads. I used an alternate email account, and I suppose I can delete that account if necessary. Glad to have your warnings that this is a scam. $1 doesn't seem like much, so it really sucks you in. Facebook should be ashamed for allowing this ad on their page.

• Ca
      13th of Feb, 2009

Yeah, I chickened out too when it came time to put my credit card info on the website since I am a victim of identity theft from a few months back and have a knee jerk reaction to websites I don't know asking for cc info.

I decided to do a google search before finishing the process and found this page. Glad I chickened out. I wish Facebook would get rid of the ad.

• Ee
      13th of Feb, 2009

you said they only charge a $1... not true! Read the FINE PRINT! I saw that ad on FaceBook too, and I was thinking of joining, but than I read the fine print, and the $1 charge is a FIRST PAYMENT, it says that for each month after that they charge your credit card $39.95, until you cancel your membership!!!

• Le
      13th of Feb, 2009

Thanks for the advice, I chickened out at the last minute, glad i did as i don't have money to burn with the credit crunch hitting me hard. Think its disgusting that Facebook are aware that these kinds of adverts lead people on, giving you false hope to easy money... I think its about time they police their website more closely ...

Cheers
    Lea

Guys...

Some help at the end... but I need to rant first!

I fell into this trap as well. Feel really quite stupid because I am usually pretty good with this kind of thing... and looking back at it all the signs do point to 'scam'. But like one of the posters above the current climate made me ignore the reality and start thinking instead about a quick fix. Also I think I was duped because of all the ads in my facebook profile... for some reason it made me see the company as more 'real'. I think every person who has had this problem needs to complain to facebook... the fact that facebook is receiving money from this makes my blood boil and unless they take the ads down then I will deactivate my account. It might be my own stupid fault for following it through, but I feel a bit like I've been duped & had my trust invaded where the links were on my personal page.

Anyway... hopefully I can help a small bit.
    Like others above I haven't received the expected 'confirmation' email... also the email address given during sign up bounced back. However I did note down all of my sign up info & basically everything is linked to the website... http://emillionaire.com/ If you have noted down your user details and password then you can log on. The site itself is very confusing and seems to be a lot about nothing... there are training modules & vido sessions etc but it doesnt seem to go anywhere. From what I gather you are meant to be sent a starter kit with this $2 dollar payment, and then you use this kit alongside the online software to make money.

The thing is none of this is clear & most people won't even realise that they are entering into a subscription service for the software. The lack of confirmation email (& probable lack of kit through the post) will mean a lot of people just forget about the $2 sign up and are subsequently charged repeatedly for the service. It's all very devious...

On the emillionaire link you will see t&c / refund policy etc at the bottom... stuff that 90% of people wouldnt have seen. Do check it out if you've signed up...

Anyway realising what an idiot I've been I called barclaycard cstraight up today and spoke to them. I only have the $2 dollar charge so I've stopped my card & am having a new number sent out. If anything else does happen to appear on my bill then I can dispute it.

Anyway on this site I did find an email address that works... & they responded within 1 day. The address is support@emillionaire.com. I've copied their response to me below. If you have signed up then write them to say you're cancelling the trial... but stop your account just to be saft.

I just hope there aren't a ton of people who have signed up and are now going about unaware that they're going to get charged money for nothing.

Hope you all sort this out... and remember complain to facebook!!

Hi Chris,

That $1.95 is a one time fee only, for the shipping and handling.You'll have to wait for the

package for you to be able to start with the program, and you'll have a full 7 days to try

this out, you can cancel at anytime within the trial period, and failure to do so, we will

automatically debit $39.95 for the monthly fee, as understood that you would want to

continue the program. But remember, that is only if you wish to continue with the programs,

after the 7 day trial period. Thank you!

13th of Feb, 2009

I looked at the ad as well BUT before I furnish ANY credit card info I google the name of the company for complaints or scams. Thats how I got here.

13th of Feb, 2009

Im not really sure of what the scam was? Did any of you actually receive the kit and try it? If it worked the way it says, then it would be worth the $40 each month.

13th of Feb, 2009

I saw the same ads on Facebook and started checking it out. Thankyou to all of you who posted here as it narrowly saved me from making the same mistake.
    Facebook is a party to this scam and should have to pay for all of your losses. This needs stricter legislation and sharpish.

13th of Feb, 2009

I just fell for this too. Found this forum and have just cancelled my credit card and have ordered a new one.
    Can't believe I fell for it, I guess we're all in the same boat with the credit crunch, trying to make a fast buck!!