EMI Encore Marketing / Fraud- Unauthorized Charge

Proflowers is connected to a company called freeshipping.com that offers you free shipping on your purchase when you sign up to their program that costs $14.95 a month. I'm told by entering your email and zip code you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. This is complete fraud and illegal. The charge comes through as Easy Saver or EMI Encore Marketing. Call [protected] to have the charges removed. I have reported the company to VISA and the Better Business Bureau. As reported by the customer below me, I'm interested in being part of a class action lawsuit if one is created.

Comments

26th of Mar, 2009

I was on that website, and they did ask for my email address. Yesterday i checked my accounts and i did not know that my checking account was going to be charged because i never pressed a submit button. I just called the 800 number, they are going to put my funds back in my account. EMI Encore Marketing and Easy Saver was charged twice to my account.

• Kk
      8th of May, 2009

I also had this happen to me but thank you for this e-mail your post was extremely helpful. I was starting to freak out when i saw that it was doing that right from my account but calling that number after only 2 days made it much easier on me.

THANK YOU!!!

• Sc
      9th of May, 2009

I also just finished getting off the phone with my bank, and also with pro flowers. I am having PRO FLOWERS corporate call me to see what action they are willing to take. I am also in the military so i will be speaking with my lawyers sometime this week, i will try and keep you all updated on what PRO FLOWERS has to say.

• In
      5th of Aug, 2009
    EMI Encore Marketing - FRAUDULENT/UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE
    n/a
    525 w. Olive
    Chanute
    Kansas

Had an unauthorized charge on my debit card. I have no idea what EMI provides and would never have purchased anything online from a company that doesn't have a regular catalogue to select from.

• De
      4th of Nov, 2009

Why is it in this country so many business entities, health insurance companies, big pharma, culture on wallstreet is all about doing anything and everything to ( _uck you) over to maximize their own selffish greed?

I lived abroad for 12 years in 7 different coountries and I know this is not the business culture in any of the places I lived around Asia & Europe. The ethical undercurrent outside the US is much higher, there exists a much higher standard of genuine honesty outside the America way of screwing you over for a dime.

Ironically, we live in a nation that "claims" to be a christian nation, nothing could be further from from the truth. These same CEO's, CFO's and corporate executives are the same people in the church pew beside, in front or in back of you on Sunday. It's all window dressing, fake, shallow and reflective of many christians in America today, that is, false christians.

Many barometers exist to accurately measure this as the truth, take the election of Obama, how many Southern Baptists showed their true colors over prejudice and racism? Millions.

If we want to be true to ourselves in America, don't call yourselves Christians, be more accurate and call yourselves "hypocritical, non believing, racist, shallow bigots centered only on self interests and your own wallets."

10th of Nov, 2009
    EMI Encore Marketing - unauthorized charges
    EMI Encore Marketing

when I took a 30 free trial from Hydroxatone face cream, they must have submitted my name and credit card to this EMI Encore Marketing. I am so angry, what a big scam!

• Be
      7th of Dec, 2009

I noticed my account was "pending" a $1 charge from "EML Encore Marketing" I called to inquire about this charge and was told it was from when I "signed up" for a $15 off my next purchase for Redenvelope. This company actually charges u monthly to utilize their services. I was also told the $1 authorization I saw deducted from my bank account was just an authorization "to make sure my account was valid" and it "would drop off." I was also told that $1.95 would be charged to star the account then monthly deductions would follow. I cancelled my account and was told my acccount would be credited for the $1.95 and the $1 authorization would "drop off." Crazy this is not told to you when you're offered the "free shipping" or "discount on next purchase." I Guess these days you really have to watch for scams and read fine print(although i dont recall seeing fine print!)

• Ni
      18th of Dec, 2009

Thank you all for your help. I saw the same pending charge for $1 and when I Googled Encore Marketing, this is the first site I came across. I didn't realize that I was enrolling in any sort of program. I called the number provided at the top (800-444-9491) told them I didn't willing sign up for anything & they immediately cancelled my account w/o any further questions.

• Ep
      5th of Jan, 2010

I had the same problem at above poster and called number. They took care of it fast adn with on problems. Thats for posting this!!

• Ro
      13th of Jan, 2010
    EMI Encore Marketing - Roger McGranahan
    2036 Highland Dr
    Hobbs
    New Mexico
    Phone: 5756025375

I looked on my transaction history on my credit card and discovered that there had been money taken out of my account that I did not authorize and know nothing about EMI and certainly did not purchase anything from therefore I need my money back.

• Tc
      29th of Jan, 2010

Thank you for giving the phone number. I did not sign up for anything online neither my husband and I just found $ 1.00 pending in my account. How do they get they information. I can't believe this... going to call them tomorrow morning when they open.

• Rr
      14th of Feb, 2010

Like many other proflowers.com customers I feel victimized by the actions of EMI Encore Marketing who also happens to be the proponents for EasySaver. According to the Proflowers.com represntative, Proflowers is not in partnership with EMI. EMI is apparently lashing on to proflower's web page and illegally soliciting business (information pending confirmation).

If you fall prey to the unscrupulous acts of vendors seeking monetary gain at the expense of innocent consumers take immediate action: 1) call your credit card company and have charges removed, 2) notify the violator and have them delete your customer information from their database, 3) contact primary vendor (in this case proflowers.com) and file a complaint with customer service, and 3) report the violation to Better Business Bureau.

Fight back! "Our lives begin and end the day we keep silent about the things that matter." Martin Luther King Jr.

26th of Feb, 2010

The same thing happened to me! I saw a 1.00 charge pending with the name EMI Encore Marketing. I contacted the company and they said when I ordered pictures through snapfish.com I had agreed(which I did not!) to enroll in their program. I called the number provided above and they said they would credit my account for the full amount charged to my account. I asked how the company got my checking account information because when I ordered pictures from snapfish I never used a credit card, I chose to pick them up at my nearest Walgreens store. The lady at EMI said it was charged to whatever account that was on file when I originally opened my snapfish account.
    It is because of people like this that I am leiry of even having a checking account!!

• De
      26th of Apr, 2010
    EMI Encore Marketing - bank card charge
    Lanham
    Maryland
    Phone: 301-459-8020

I received an unauthorized charge on my bank card from this company that I have never heard of and I do not know what it is supposed to be for even. When I searched the company online I was able to find other complaints against this company on various websites. I called the phone number I had found in my search and had to leave a message.

• As
      7th of May, 2010

They charged me twice $14.95 for unauthorized charges!!! I disputed this w/ Amex and also called EMI and asked for a refund. Let's see what's going to happen!

• Ro
      16th of Aug, 2010

They've been charging me since April, I only just caught it, and American Express is handling it for me. I'll never use Snapfish again that's for sure

• Pa
      1st of Sep, 2010

I just received a charge on my checking acct from Encore Mktg United Kingdom (8/25/10) with some weird # behind it (not a regular phone #). I did call the 800 number listed above, but they said they are not connected with this company. Now what?

• Jh
      12th of Feb, 2011

These illegal charges to my credit card were from Haband Perks for $1.95 and then $14.95. My wife had ordered boots from Haband. Only recently did I find out they are part of a scam run by EMI Encore Marketing International. A complaint to the BBB of Maryland had no effect. They said "what did I want them to do?" I called the number listed on my credit card charges to Haband Perks and they said they'd give me credit for the charges which they did not do. My credit card company gave me the credit for the charges and I cancelled the card so there would be no more charges. They continue to operate.

• Di
      14th of Jul, 2011
    EMI Encore Marketing - SCAM- SCAM Unauthorized Charges
    Florida

This company Charges your credit card 14.95 each month as says your authorised it by buying something from Red Envelope. This is a complete scam. I recommend getting in writing the agreement to refund you the money and cancel the account. They have said that to me numerous times and then it never happens. The only thing that seems to work is threating to twitter and write on forums. Sad to think companies cant just treat customers correctly in the first place.

• Fi
      23rd of Sep, 2011

Thank you all for your help. I saw the same pending charge for $1 and when I Googled Encore Marketing, this was the first site I came across. I called the number provided at the top (800-444-9491) and told them I didn't willing sign up for anything & I was told my acccount would be credited for the $1.95 and the $1 authorization would "drop off" but $15 off will not work. I said I do not was the "Off" since this was a cheating... The site I got into this 'so called' "offer" was blair.com when they offered $15 off next purchase. My Bad. I should have read the fine print (if there was any)