Emerge Visa / I thought that was the end of the story...

I had a credit card with Fleet, I received my new card for 2005 which I never activated. All current charges were paid in January 2005 and the card expired 10/05. I received a call from a representative of emerge attempting to collect fees( service fees or annual fees) for my card. I explained I paid off the account in January 2005 and never used it. I was told the charges would be removed since it was in error. Several weeks later I received a call from yet another representative stating these charged were placed on my account in error and would be removed. I thought that was the end of the story. I received a letter advising I am seriously past due and will be turned over to collections. I attempted to call , the recording has you put in your SS#, which I did. It then asks for the account number(which I didn't have att he time because I didn't realize it was Fleet). I went online and emailed emerge requesting assistance. No response. I mailed them a letter to the same no response. Months went by and nothing from Emerge until I received a letter stating the account is in collection and showing on my credit report. HELP

Ci

More Emerge Visa Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ma
  12th of Apr, 2007

There must be someone to contact in regard to how emerge runs their customer service. I believe the system is set up so that payments do not post timely, billing address changes are not implemented in a timely manner, and customers can not talk to a real person, only the automated system.

They now charge for online payments! Saving them even more money and earning them more money, there is something very wrong when a company can get away with treating their customers in this manner. It is phone hell trying to get through to a person to talk to, if you can even connect with the automated system. Too many times you can not connect with their online service. The online information is just for making payments and seeing your total owed/paid, not purchases made or any other information.
As far as I am concerned this is the worst run company I have ever had to deal with, but they are making money and so will not change their ways and evidently they do not have to change their ways by law.

Ch
  17th of Feb, 2008
Emerge Visa - Illegal practices!
Emerge
Ohio

I started getting calls from indian reps working for Emerge Collections starting on Wed 2/13/08. Seems I shorted my payment by $24. My next regular payment is due 3/4/08. My intent however, is to pay the entire card off by 2/29/08. I've been called as many as 4 times per day by indians claiming their names are "Bob Jones", "Steve Smith", etc. With the thick indian accent, its obvious thats not their real names. I've looked on the FTC website and it says they can't use a false name to collect. It also says they can't harass by numerous telephone calls. Yet this is exactly what is happening. I have told them several times that I am going to pay the full amount and cancel the card and all they want to discuss is paying them $24 right now. AVOID Emerge at all costs!! I actually had some indian guy today tell me he didn't care what the US law was concerning harassment and using false names as that didn't apply to him in "his" country.