EME Group / Horrible business practice

New York, NY, United States Review updated:
We have had all our 7 lines down for over 2 hours this morning. They were fixing a mistake they made by creating another.

It seems that Verizon has various vendors calling/harassing you to improve your current plan. They put us on a service without our approval. So, I had to call to finally return us back to our regular plan and credit us. So, they decided to change our lines DURING WORK HOURS (no approval, no notice)!

What in the world is wrong with telecom? There are only a few large carriers and Verizon is no better. They are HORRIBLE!
Va

Comments

Va
  14th of Sep, 2008

EME Group - Bad service
EME Group
New York
New York

Last week our lines went down:

This week:

Half of the lines are not working, including our fax line.

One Repair person (Ms. Tayne) who I called was VERY impatient with me and gave me no help, only wanted to schedule a repair person and did not want to see if it was related to last week's issues. I called another person (Ms. Walker) was sooooo HELPFUL. She checked every line, did the research and advised me that it could be EITHER the line OR our phone which was the information that I was looking for. If it is our equipment then it's no problem with scheduling and paying but I just wanted to see if there was a possibility that it was their line and only ONE person checked. Thank you Ms. Walker. Too bad only one among so many are resourceful enough to help.

By the way, there are some options on their auto response that just hang up on you. This happened to me twice when I was looking for a department that could help. Terrible!