EMC Mortgage Corp. / Bad Business/Fraud

1 CT, United States Review updated:

I am writing on behalf of my parents, who, after nearly paying off their home had to take out a second mortgage to pay my father's medical bills. They have always paid their bills on time, and thus have amazing credit. EMC is taking their mortgage payments, applying them to the principle of the loan, and putting them in default and charging late fees. Customer service is a joke, as my mother, who spends her days caring for my father, sick with Parkinson's disease and with a feeding tube, has to spend hours on the phone to try to correct this issue. This is affecting their credit negatively. EMC will never put a supervisor on the line, nor do I think that there actually are any supervisors. None of the people answering the phones have any idea how to deal with the questions my mother has. They are rude to her and tell her that she should see a financial counselor to avoid forclosure!!! She pays on time!!! Never missed a payment. It is their stupidity. If you need a mortgage, DO NOT USE EMC!!! They are thieves and idiots!!!

Ke

Comments

• Ob
      5th of Apr, 2009

EMC is the worst and I would NEVER deal with them.

please visit our site and sign our petition. thanks

• Ab
      8th of Jun, 2009

Have had nothing but trouble with EMC. Both my husband and I lost our jobs Dec 30, 2008. He recently found a job but making less than half of his old salary and I am still trying to find work. Long story short, we are having a very tough time making the full payments. We are still current and this is only because we have used all our savings, sold (and continue to) our belongings that we have been able to make payments plus the added late fees.

We have been trying since April to submit our paperwork to the Loan Modification dept. I can never get a straight or honest answer from these people. I first faxed the paperwork, twice and EMC's loan mod. dept said it did not come through and that I SHOULD HAVE MAILED IT IN.

On May 7, 2009, we sent our paperowork by Priority mail with Delivery Confirmation which showed it was delivered on May 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM.

I have been calling several times a week and just called again today (6-8-09) and they say they still do not have my paperwork and that I SHOULD HAVE FAXED IT OVER!

I feel like this really not take place and they are just dangling a carrot in my face. At the rate we are going we cannot make the next full payment on time.

When i asked what I could do to keep my credit in good standing, their answer was that I make my full payment on time. They did offer a payment plan but it would put me as delinquent and then I have to be caught up in full with the remainder of my payments within 6 months or I could go into foreclosure.

Just don't know what else to do at this point. I did choose EMC to handle my mortgage. This was done through our broker. Had I known the trouble they would be I would have protested.

If you have a choice, do not choose EMC. Horrible customer service and communication.

• Se
      3rd of Feb, 2010

I've never had such a horrible time in my life with another company! EMC Mortgage is the worst mortgage company ever. I have been trying to get a loan modification for almost a year, because they suggested it and I qualify for the Making Homes Affordable plan. They told me to not send in the payment, then that I was in risk of foreclosure for doing so! Every time I call they give me something different, lying each time, saying that I should be "getting the offer in the mail in a few days!" Even though I'm working now with NACA, they still have not responded (3 months since NACA submitted the proposal). Today was the breaking point when after years of being the person who deals with our case at home, the stupid employee told me he could not give me any information!!! He wanted to know the date that we sent in a letter authorizing me to speak on behalf of the account! What jerks!!! If they had local offices I would picket them day and night. STAY AWAY.

• Na
      8th of Feb, 2010

Hello,

NACA is here to help resolve any issue that you are having. We apologize for the inconvenience of every matter that may or may not have taken place. Please feel free to email me or any of the other NACAAnswers correspondents on the forums. Email us your name and ID so that we can handle your file directly and answer any question that you may have.

latoyajones@naca.com