EMC Mortgage Corp / Bad customer service

I was behind on my mortgage with emc. They put me on a repayment plan. My payments were doing on the 28th of every month. One day they suggested a loan modification. It would take me off the repayment plan, and lower my monthly payment. I said Ok. My repayment plan was due to end, March 28, 2008. Of 1, 489.01. They sent me a letter stating my loan modification would start 5/1/08/, and my new payment would be 1, 342.17. On April 1, 2008, they said I owe them for the month of April. I told them I just made a payment 4 days ago, and I have a letter from you saying my next payment would be 5/1/08. She said if I don’t pay I'm going to be behind again. How do they expect me to come up with another 1, 342.17 in 4 days! For those who don't get it, imagine this, you made payments on March 31, 2008. Then, a day later, April 1, they say you owe again.

Va

Comments

• Va
      25th of Apr, 2008
    EMC Mortgage Corp - Fraud
    www.emcmortgagecorp.com

My wife and I modified our loan in Dec. we went from an ARM to a fixed rate for 3 years. 5 months later we received a letter telling us our loan is going to be adjusted and our new payment would be $250 more. We nearly lost our house and it was like pulling teeth to get them to modify in the first place. We were so happy when they finally modified, but now they are going to try and be sneaky and make it adjustable again. I am going to be getting myself an attorney to fight these people. I hope others will follow suit.

3rd of Jun, 2008
    EMC Mortgage Corp - I will sue them
    www.emcmortgagecorp.com

We lost home to these crooks! My original mort company sold my loan to these jerks. EMC would not accept my payments, they kept sending them back. I could never get anyone on the phone to discuss. They would just transfer me to a voicemail. They never would return my calls. Then one day I started getting advertisements in the mail telling me my house was up for foreclosure. I contacted an attorney...but was too late. We even offered them CAS to pay off the loan. Now we are being evicted. I can't believe these crooks are able to get away with this crap! I will sue these jerks!

16th of Jun, 2008
    EMC Mortgage Corp - Changed the terms of my forbearance so I could not make the deadline
    www.emcmortgagecorp.com

EMC mortgage literally stole my house from me.

On June 2nd, 2008 I was told by one of EMC's con artists that I needed to come up with $900 to $1000 to stop the sale of my home of 15 years and to have it no later than the 14th of June.

I called on the afternoon of the 13th to send the $950 I had and was told that $950 wasn't enough and I only had 30 minutes to come up with an additional $450 or my home was going to auction.

Well it gets auctioned this coming Monday and there is nothing I can do about it! Someone needs to put this thieving company out of business and put everyone from John Vella on down behind bars!!

10th of Jul, 2008
    EMC Mortgage Corp - Charging larger amounts of money on escrow
    www.emcmortgagecorp.com

I have been with EMC for 8 yrs borrowed $27, 300.00 our home was paid for prior to borrowing the money.

How stupid were we back then.

We have paid back over 27, 300.00 and we still owe EMC 0ver 24, 500.00.

Interest rate is 13.35%.

When is the interest paid?

It never pays to get involved with loans of any kind before researching the company it does not help when you have an attorney sitting across from you and he seems to be hurrying you into signing hundreds of papers before you can even glance at them.

28th of Jul, 2008
    EMC Mortgage Corp - Beware
    emcmortgagecorp.com

We're from a small town and open paper to find our names!! They've done this about 10 times with us always having to come up with more money because of escrow!! What?! We've finally just given up. Everyone we show all checks to says they can't do this but they are. At this point can't afford an attorney! I just keep thinking they'll get theirs!!! Ruined our credit so no one would refi with us even though we have proof of payments. "Their hands are tied!!" Didn't start off with them… Wells Fargo who apparently is just as bad!! What comes around goes around!!

• Re
      29th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService. Or send an e-mail with a number to reach you and a good time to call...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

14th of Aug, 2008

I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK THIS COMPANY IS VERY SNEAKY .. THEY NEED TO BE RE GROUPED BY SOME ONE ELSE .. BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THERE LOSS Department .. there the worst (dennen is the worst person you can speak to

14th of Aug, 2008

YOU ARE SO RIGHT I FEEL YOUR PAIN ! IAM NOT GOING TO LET THEM STEAL MY HOUSE BUT YOUR RIGHT THEY ALL NEED TO GO TO JAIL

• Un
      19th of Aug, 2008

My horrible EMX Experience!

A management company stole my money and never had renter in the property as I as told. The investment property is out of state from me. When I found this out, November 07, I called and wrote EMC and asked them to work with me. I called them again in December 2007. I sent in paperwork in January 08 for a modification, 1st is at 8.50 % the second is at 16+%, yes sixteen percent. We had plans to refinance at the end of one year but did not make it to a year.

EMC would not help. I submitted the whole package again to a different person as instructed in February 2008. They stated that they could not do anything to help. A friend used $25, 000 to keep up the payments as long as he could. He ran out of money.

I tried again in March 2008 to work it out with them. I tried again in April to work out a plan with them. No luck! We started a short sale process in April, it would not work out with the offer made. We had to close it and submit another short sale. My agent did just that and we had a buyer for the property. I was told by EMC that it was agreed on it would just be a couple more days until it was complete.

The property sold Friday, August 15, 2008 at auction while my short sale agent was working on closing the deal. The EMC person handling the short sale did not know that it sold until Monday, August 18! Very strange! The right hand does not know that the left hand is doing.

Everyone tells a different story when you talk with them. One guy got nasty today when I told him of my experience and that EMC was the worst that I have work with. He said that they did not make me sign the paper work. They actually purchased it from my original lender.

I told him that I did not make someone steal my money and run! He was rude! I did not get nasty but really wanted to scream at him.

There are some nice people there that want to help, but they are not allowed to help.

No wonder that the government had to bail them out. They are part of Bear Stearns. Never do business with EMC.

My credit is ruined and I do not know what I can do. I barely have enough to pay most of my bills and rarely go to the grocery. I eat very cheap. My air condition has been off for 2 weeks. The gas prices have hurt since I have commute to work. I have a cheap old car.

EMC is a predatory leader for sure.

If you see EMC on your loan RUN...RUN...RUN!

19th of Sep, 2008

Is there anyone out there lgit that can help us with EMC Mortgage? They are a real scam outfit just looking to take hardworking people's homes! I need to modify my loan and am now nervous it will not work reading all of the negative stories!
    Mark in Seattle, WA area!

• Po
      1st of Dec, 2008

Dear Bad Customer Service--

I have had the same problem with EMC mortgage. Almost word for word. They have bounced me around, from department to department and refused to work with me.

My loan was to adjust upwards in the amount of $800 in Sept. I submitted paperwork for adjustment, they said no one could work with me for at least 60 days. By then my property was starting to turn upside down.

I answered every call and contacted the '800-number to nowhere' if they said it would help. It was impossible. The people in Loss Mitigation barely understood the workings of the loan or how to do math for that matter. Very few of the individuals at both Loss Mitigation and Customer Service seemed very knowledgable.

Here I am all the way in DEC. I am still waiting to get someone to work with me. I spoke to a someone by the name of Josh in CA. He worked at Eminant Default, but formerly worked at Loss Mitigation. He seemed as clueless as everyone else. There are few people who can really get things moving, But they are few and far between.

It really feels as though EMC is just putting up a front, but they are clearly doing everything to send more homes into forclosure, not working with the individuals to get payments made at a reasonable amount... or simply stopping loans from increasing $800 from one month to another.

There is something not quite right about this lender.

Beware!!!

• Fr
      29th of Jan, 2009

It is really sad that so many people have the same story but it continues to happen. My story is basically the same. Different day different workout solution for an EMC employee. I was on an agreement that I had to break(just couldn't afford it and eat) I called the guy was so nice, don't worry about it just pay your regular payment on Jan.27, 2009. Then you will be able to modify your loan. On Jan. 27 someone from EMC called my husband before I could get home from work to make the payment and said HEY you're in foreclosure. To get out of this send $1000 by the end on the month and pay $1064 for 3 months, then you can modify your loan. What? this doesn't make any sense. I called two days later. I asked what the thousand dollars was for. The rep said to stop the foreclosure. It am so tired of getting the run around over and over. It's hard having to come up with the amounts of money that they just pull out of a hat. Oh yeah the rep said you may not be able to modify your loan. You have to check back. When I asked about the paper work for this new agreement. She said did they not ask for a fax # because you need the paper work quickly since you're in foreclosur.Duh nobody me for anything. Oh by the way could I get some paper work stating that I'm in foreclosur. I could go on and on. Its kinda nice to vent to people who have experienced the same thing. The EMC people make me feel like I'm the crazy one, when it's them.