Embassy Suites / theft

He Review updated:

Stayed at the embassy suites in downtown houston for a concert. Upon arrival we were pleased with the room and the overall hotel environment. At approximately 630 we went to our room after checking in and put our things down so we could go downstairs for the complimentary managers reception with cocktails and snacks. I took with me my license and a twenty dollar bill and four five dollar bills to tip with. I left three fifty dollar bills and a twenty in my wallet in my purse for my spending cash for the night and breakfast the next day. We were gone from our room till 8pm and we came back to change and leave to our concert. I went to my wallet to remove the money and saw that there was only one fifty and the twenty. We searched the entire room. We called for a manager who took a good 40 minutes to come up to our room. She was undermining and rude. She kept repeating, are you sure you just didn't lose it? She said she would look into it since I too work in the hotel industry and know that there is a log of who swipes their card each time someone enters the room. Well after we were given the run around till the next morning, it turns out an engineer came into our room claiming we called about a faulty toilet... Neither I nor my two friends called anyone about a faulty toilet.in the end, I am out $100 and the gm of the hotel told me that there is no evidence that this person took my money!!! He said he asked the engineer who came into our room and asked if he took the money. He said no, and so that is the end of it. I will never ever again stay at any embassy or hilton affiliated hotel! Ridiculous!!

Comments

• Gi
      Jul 03, 2011

It sucks he took your money and likely glued down your caps-lock key. Damn engineers...

• Co
      Jul 03, 2011

I find it odd, that someone would steal $100.00 and leave $70.00 behind.

• He
      Jul 03, 2011

I find it odd too! why not take it all? Like I wasn't going to notice? And they did pull the key log that's how they found out it was an engineer. I looked for a safe and I didn't find it. The MOD later came up and had to point it out. When I filed a police report the lady who took it said that's starting to happen a lot and it's getting really bad. I was upset my money was gone but yes it was my fault for not just taking it with me, I was more upset with how the GM talked to us. He made comments like "well, a hundred dollars isn't a lot of money" and I said, "it may not be to you but it is to me, and it's MY MONEY!!" He also made reference that well, we did book our room throught expedia. What does that have to do with anything?? I have my suspcions since our waiter was bringing us complimentary drinks, I gave him $5 almost everytime he brought us a round and before we were done, he brought us comment cards, which we happily filled out and raved how great he was... Another stupid mistake was we put our room number on them and he picked them up before we left. The engineer went into our room at 715 pm the GM said and our waiter brought us our last round at 730 and didn't return to the room till 8. It's all too weird, especially since we posted a DO NOT DISTURB sign on our door and this man let himself in anyway to a request we never made!!!

Dec 28, 2015

Yes please contact me because I am in the way that worse than yours 3700$ cash came up missing out of my room when I checked out I forgot it in my sock and return in the hotel room they made us sit downstairs where they went upstairs and checked the wrong April down the sewer socks and a pair of my shoes with no money? It is under investigation and I would do everything in my power to sue

Dec 28, 2015