Embarq Wireless` / Stupid policy that doesn't value customers!

1 Charlottesville, United States Review updated:
Phone: 434-589-1825

I signed up with embarq wireless last July, I have the DSL, the landline service plus we subscribe to other services through them needless to say I spend A LOT of money with this company. My cell phone broke but I can still use it, it was the free phone that I received when I signed up. So I decided this was the perfect time to get the phone I wanted. I looked at the web-site and there was the phone I would like to have for 29.95 after the rebates and additional savings so I called to get the new phone.

I was told I would have to pay the original price because -- 1. I had only 30 days after I originally signed up to buy a different phone and receive the new customer rebates. 2. I would have to wait till the renewal period (18 months from conception of my contract) to receive the rebated sale price.

What??? In other words EMBARQ cares nothing about keeping me satisfied during the length of my contract because they have me for two years and could careless if I think that I am receiving the best service or customer care from Embarq if I desire something from them.

Mean while they do not mind calling my house to offer new services. I was also informed I could sign up for an additional line and then get the new phone discounted. Why in the world would I purchase a new product, when your policy in sense tells me that you do not care enough about my patronidge to offer me a discount on a new phone. You don't value me enough to make me want to be a customer enough in 18 months to give me a "perk" now.

After all doesn't my experience with you drive me motivation to keep you as my service provider? Isn't this a backwards policy? Not to mention the Embarq website mentions nothing on the sales page about this....you have to go to a Terms and consitions page, yet the sales pages offers nothing stating terms and coditions apply except for new customers, it says nothing about existing customers.

So I do have the protection plan, I could pay $50 toward a deductible for a phone I got for free, that I do not want. I just think this is HORRIBLE customer service you have me locked into a contract with you for two years, I can not go anywhere, so why would it matter if customers received sale prices, wouldn't you want your customers to choose you again because your a great company because during the contract period you took care of them?

When I complained to a customer service agent who wanted to argue about it then to her manager, Duncan who attitude was more or less we know your screwed and we could really careless if you use us in the future or not, I just got anger!

This is really poor customer service policy!!! All I wanted was a new phone. Now I have knowledge that my carrier could careless about having me as a customer, having to pay 200 bucks for a phone the phone I want or paying 50 bucks for the same phone I have that is not worth 5o bucks or using ducktape to hold my old phone together for the extent of my contract and telling everyone who I know that are also embarq customers why I will not use them in the future...

Some how though I think I already was told Embarq could careless!!

Vikki.

Comments

• La
      7th of Mar, 2008

Hello Mrs. Towsey,

This is a message from Lamont with Embarq Customer Support. We see that you have a concern about getting your preferred wireless device. I understand having a damaged phone can be frustrating and I want to apologize that you have had to experience that. I reviewed your issue and want to assure you we want to conclude with a satisfactory solution for all involved. Although, our policies dictate we do not offer the introductory prices to all customers, we do look at all cases individually to do the right thing. With that said, I can offer you the phone you were inquiring about at the 29.95 price, if you are willing to renew your contract for 2years, effective the date of purchase on the new phone. The introductory price requires the same 2 year contract for a new customer.
    As for the webpage not showing the all the details of the offer, we are constantly, working to make our communications simpler and comprehensive. I will direct this concern to our marketing team to see if it is possible to make that information more easily visible. We value your input and value you as a customer. Please provide your phone number in a private message or email and we will resolve your issue. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you.

Lamont L.
    Embarq Customer Support
    SMNP.Lamont.l@embarq.com
    For additional support please visit www.embarq.com/support or call 1-877-646-3282
    Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment