Embarq / DSL Service / DSL internet service!

1 5454 W. 110th StreetOverland Park, KS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-646-3282

I order the upgrade from 5 to 10 megs download speed in the DSL Internet service form Embarq on March 18 and was told that the work can be done until next Friday March 21 and that the job will be done around 7 PM. This never happened. After so many phone calls to Embarq and every customer service rep giving me a different answer I decided to file this complain because 9 days after that order I still with my old speed and sometimes is worse now. All of the customer services people or the technical guys talking to me have a different answer ( they are guessing because don't kn o where is the real situation or problem) about the problem but nobody can fix it.

Today is Wednesday March 26 and the last service rep guy I spoke with, told me the issue was with the DSL modem that need to be replaced. I got the new modem, Modem was connected and situation still the same and the worse issue is that before when I was on 5 megs plan I was able to surf at speed faster that 6 megs and now my speed is intermittent, sometimes coming down to 300 and other times going up until 6 megs. Now I'm worse that before upgrading.

As I said everybody is giving me stupid answers, telling me if the first guy who came to my house ( a contractor) did the wrong connections, that if the DLSM is unable to accept 10 megas downloads and I need to be connected to other DSLAM, that my alarm is conflicting with the DSL ( when the alarm never conflicted before) and now that the modem needed to be replaced because a new firmware will enable that modem to surf and 10 megas. Everybody is guessing. Too much talk and not a real solution.

This is not my first issue with Embarq. When I installed Embarq the first time I had the same issues and take more that 15 days to be resolved thanks to Ann Rochester in the headquarters who took the matter into his hands.

I need a fast response from Embarq.

Comments

• Em
      28th of Mar, 2008

Good morning Mr. Lionel Remigio!
    My name is Cesar and I am from Embarq Customer Support.
    I am part of an Embarq team called Social Media & Networking Project. We are committed to help our customers who are compelled to post on forums, blogs, etc about their problem with any of the services we provide.

I am very sorry for all the trouble you are going through right now and all the different answers you are getting regarding your problem and not getting it fix.
    You have already tried various conventional methods we use to troubleshoot this issue and I thank you for giving us the chance to help you. I understand that so far all the help we've provided has not resolved your problem and I would like to take ownership of this issue and I can assure you that we can provide a final resolution to your problem.

Please send me an email with your phone number so I can look up your account.
    When I look up your account I will be able to verify the provisioning for your line and that will allow me to identify any potential problems. If the problem is found on our network I have direct contact with our engineering department so they can work with me towards a resolution.

Thanks
    Cesar L
    Embarq Customer Support
    smnp.cesar.l@embarq.com
    For additional support and live chat please visit www.myembarq.com/contact_us.php or call 1877-646-3282
    Voice | Data | Internet | Wireless | Entertainment

• El
      20th of Apr, 2008

I have given emabarq the right away on my property. The trucks enter onto my paved driveway to care for their equipment. The rest of the drive way is graveled which is a eye soar. I have given embarq easement on my property and I would like the road to be maintained, like the rest of the drive way. I don't think it is fair that I allow Embarq trucks to enter onto my paved drive way that I have paid my hard earned money for and have Embarq trucks wear it down, without assisting with the repair work! I would like the rest of the driveway to be paved. The driveway that Embarq uses connects to my paved drive way and can be seen as an eye soar from the road where the pavement stops and the gravel starts. I have addressed this issue with your company on several occasions, and have gotten no response! Is that how you conduct business? I need this taken care of immediately.
    Elizabeth Smith

• Ce
      28th of May, 2008

Good morning Ms. Smith
    I have spoken to our Executive and Regulatory Services about your concern with your driveway and they would like to speak to you to provide a resolution.
    Please send me your call back number and the best time for them to reach you.
    Thanks
    Cesar L
    embarq_cesar@embarq.com

• Bo
      3rd of Jun, 2008

embarq is disgusting. the service is not worth 5 cents. warning to all, you'll wish you had never heard the name of embarq if you ever get hooked up with them.

11th of Aug, 2008

Thinking about Embarq? Doing business with Embarq will be the worst mistake you will ever make. From 7/17/08 nothing but lies, missed appointments, shoddy subcontract work, broken promises, rude personnel, the list goes on. CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2009

I have had embarq over 4 years now, as I work from home and it is the only ISP available in my area. For this long I have had constant issues. It will drop me while I am working and I am down up to THREE hours a day. A tech came out blamed the modem. Switched it out just a few hours after he left DSL crashed again. I cant even work 8 hours a day and am facing commuting back to the office.

I had techs blame my routers, I have purchased two now, another tech told me I needed a new computer (BULL), yet another tech told me I had a virus (WRONG). Tech had me delete my temporary internet files while the DSL was down. Like what??? Finaclly got issue escalated to manager Ryan and he did some line tests told me my modem was too far from my phone jack. Paid them $75 to install a new jack closer and guess what? ITS WORSE. I am out ALOT of money trying to get a good reliable connecting during the working day. I could care less if its down all night and all weekend...but I can not even work from 8 to 5 anymore. I am very disappointed and would have changed ISP's months ago if there were any here other than satellite. shellmadde