emartcentral.com / Deliberate Fraud on Defective Product

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I've surfed the internet and what happened to me seems to be common with this company. I ordered a battery. They sold me a demo with limited power and they have refused to refund my money when I sent it back. They don't respond to phone calls or emails since October 2008. Given the number of people it's happened to, I think it's deliberate fraud.

Comments

• Bu
      Jun 17, 2009
    emartcentral.com - Fraudulent Sale
    eMartCentral.com

I had a terrible experience with this company. I followed a link from amazon and ordered a battery charger and 3 batteries from eMartCentral for a total of 54.00. I received the package but could not get any of the batteries to charge. I contacted eMartCentral and they told me to return the order. I did (now paying additional postage charges) and then was told they never got the package, even though I had proof of shipping. They offered me $33.00 credit. When I asked how I could use this credit (there wasn't a credit number or anything), they told me that I had to place the order, PAY, and only then would they issue me a refund. I would never authorize another payment to this company. I urge others to stay away from this company, as their merchandise is shoddy and their business practices are worse.

• Pe
      Jun 29, 2009

This is 'Preturbed' here. I tried using PayPal's Resolution Center to no avail. I have just filed a complaint with the BBB and hopefully that will help me get my $40 back. Try this:

If the BBB cannot help me with a resolution then I will also call Chase (used our Chase credit card.) We have used them twice for a duplicate charge and another non-upstanding company last year and they did the trick.

We work hard for our money and I will not give up until all avenues have been explored.

Good luck.

Feb 12, 2010

I bought "Sony Pro Duo Memory" from them . Sony said it was a fake.

Feb 12, 2010

I think you should report them to the Mass. Attorney Generals Office

• Be
      Sep 09, 2011
    emartcentral.com - Counterfeit Sony Sticks
    emartcentral.com

I bought Sony memory sticks from emartcentral.com When i got them they were clearly marked Sony. They didn't work. After calling the company formatted the sticks. That din't work so I called Sony. Sony told me to send in the sticks for an exchange. I did. They called me and told me that they were fakes. I contacted the company. They didn't seem to care.

• Mi
      Nov 19, 2018
    emartcentral.com - Memory Card
    emartcentral.com

These folks are crooked thieves. They sell second rate, used merchandise and then refuse to exchange and refund your money. I shipped a defective memory card back to them and they claimed they never received it. Lesson learned.