EMAIL DISCOUNTS, LLCcharges on AT&T bill

L Review updated:

On my July 09 phone bill I noticed a charge from "EMail Discounts, LLC" for a total of $16.30. The top of the page indicated another entity called "Enhanced Services Billing, Inc." I called the number and was told it was a some sort of discount service - I said I did not order it and to cancel it. I was then told that Bruce Lemm had ordered it. Bruce was my husband who passed away 13 years ago. I requested that they cancel it immediately and I then contacted AT&T and advised them that I cancelled the "service". I just received my bill dated August 7th. It shows a $16.30 credit, but this company then charged me $16.30 again. I immediately called and cancelled the service AGAIN. I was told again that Bruce Lemm had ordered it, and I asked when. They told me 6/15/09. I said he passed away in 1996 so somebody is lying. I do not want to be charged for this service again. I then contacted AT&T and spoke to a young man named "Jok". We had a discussion how although this company is not part of AT&T, if I deduct it from what is owing on the bill, AT&T can charge me a late fee. This is BS and it needs to be stopped.

More EMAIL DISCOUNTS, LLC Complaints & Reviews

• E
      Mar 19, 2009
    EMAIL DISCOUNTS, LLC - 14.95 fee unauthorized
    EMAIL DISCOUNTS, LLC
    7816 BUENA VISTA BLVD
    Lamont
    California

I WAS CHARGED WITH A 14.95 FEE THAT WAS UNAUTHORIZED AND BILLED TO ME IN MY PHONE BILL. THE PURCHASER IS NOT AN ACCOUNT-HOLDER AND DENIES ANY PART IN THIS SCAM. THIS IS VERY UNPROFESIONAL AND SHOULD BE TAEKN CARE OF IMMEDIATLY. MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE BEILG AFFECTED BY THESE PEOPLE AND ARE NOT EVEN CHECKING WHO THAY ARE BILLING!

• O
      May 03, 2009
    EMAIL DISCOUNTS, LLC - unauthorized monthy billing
    EMAIL DISCOUNTS,LLC
    California
    Phone: [protected]

I noticed a monthly charge of 14.95 on my AT &T phone bill. When I called the number
    listed they said I had signed up for this service via the internet. The information given
    was my name, address and phone number but the internet address listed was not
    mine or any one I knew. Obviously internet fraud that the company did not try to prevent
    with adequate verification.

• D
      Jul 04, 2009

I also received unauthorized charges on my AT&T bill from Email Discounts LLC.
    When I called the 1-800 # for Email Discounts the person already had my name, address,
    phone number. How on Earth is this legal????

• A
      Jul 06, 2009

I also has this charge, and when I called, they were able to tell me the name of the person that signed up, which was NOONE I Knew. When I asked to cancel, they wanted me to verify ALL my information, address, house or apt, etc...

They didnt get much, just a few strong words...

• E
      Sep 04, 2009

Email Discount Network provides its subscribers with exclusive discounts and cash back on purchases made at online retailers. We market the service on the Internet and continuously review our marketing and sign-up procedures and believe that they comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices.

We maintain excellent customer service 24 by 7 by 365 and you can reach us via phone at [protected] or online at http://www.emaildiscountnetwork.com/support.cfm

I’m confident we can address any customer service concerns you may have.

Email Discount Network Customer Service

• I
      Oct 01, 2009

I just got this scam on my att phone bill and there is NO WAY possible we ordered it or confirmed over the phone. I asked to hear the recording of their confirmation call and they said they had none, because it never took place. TOTAL SCAM!!!

• G
      Oct 06, 2009
    EMAIL DISCOUNTS, LLC - Bogus chrge on my phone bill
    Email Discounts, LLC
    Illinois

Never heard of this company and I've never knowingly done business with them. But a 14.95 charge just appeared on my AT&T phone bill. They couldn't even tell me what the service was for! I canceled it and asked them to credit my account. We'll see what happens. This is outright fraud and this company should be shut down, fined and the officers sent to prison.

• S
      Feb 28, 2010

Same exact thing happened to me. But it wasn't just Email Discounts LLC. but also some group called GreenTree Data Inc. that both showed up on my ATT bill. I called the phone company and they agreed to refund my money. Now that I've found via google that others have had this problem I intend to call ATT fraud division and make a stronger report. Absolutely ATT has a responsiblity to prevent third parties from using their billing system for fraud. As it stands ATT only refunds money to people who call to complain and everybody else who doesn't notice the charge are being bilked out of their money.

• U
      Mar 09, 2010

I am also charged by this "emial discount llc" on AT&T phone bill without nay service ordering. I even did not know this "company" until i am charged. i called AT&T customer service and the serviceman does not what happened (but he dropped the charge from the bill). Because the charge appeared on AT&T phone bill, AT&T is partially responsible for this rediculous misconduct.

• M
      Apr 06, 2010

This has happened to me and to my mother and I have had to call 4 months in a row in an attempt to make them not only take it off, but credit my account. I agree it should be put to an end !!

• S
      Jan 05, 2011

This company is a complete scam. Their disclaimer says that they verify with the account holders before allowing the charge. They never called me at all and when I called them about who had signed up for this service it some random person I didn't even know who is not authorized to make changes to the account had authorized the charge. So to say that your procedures "comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices" is a complete lie. You violate your own disclaimer apart from it being completely illegal and unethical to just place a charge on someones account without their authorization.