Email Discount Network / fraudelent billing

1 Lombard, IL, United States Review updated:

I found a charge of $ 25.00 on my att bill. Att informed me it came from email discount network llc. They agreed to take the charge off my bill and send it back to email discount network. I called the number Att gave me. A rep stated they only charge $ 14.95 per month. Agreed to withdraw $ 14 .95 from charge denying they had charged $25.00. I told rep I would contact Illinois Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division if there was any bill sent to me.

Comments

• Ne
      23rd of May, 2009
    Email Discount Network - false charges for their &services& added to my Qwest phone bill
    email discount network

A $14.95 charge was added to my Qwest phone bill for a service I never asked for, used, or heard of before. Beware! Check your bills. Sounds like Qwest will help collect these false charges by adding them to your bill but if you NOTICE it they will take it off without jepordizing your phone service..How nice of them!

20th of Jun, 2009
    Email Discount Network - Unauthorized charges
    Email Discount Network
    emaildiscountnetwork.com

Email Discount Network charge my phone account with 2 unauthorized charges of 14.95 each. I called and they said the charges will be credited in 1 too 2 billing cycles. I also called my phone company Qwest they will stop any more charges to my account from this company.

• Ed
      1st of Jul, 2009

Email Discount Network provides its subscribers with exclusive discounts and cash back on purchases made at online retailers. We market the service on the Internet and continuously review our marketing and sign-up procedures and believe that they comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices.

We maintain excellent customer service 24 by 7 by 365 and you can reach us via phone at 800-730-8199 or online at http://www.emaildiscountnetwork.com/support.cfm

I’m confident we can address any customer service concerns you may have.

Email Discount Network Customer Service

• Re
      20th of Jul, 2009

Same thing happened to me just now. ATT can prevent any third party billing toyour phone account, but you have to request it.

• Me
      1st of Sep, 2009

My experience exactly! Email Discount Network is some sort of scam and their denial above is simply a waste of good electrons. So they maintain 24/7 blah, blah. What about all the grannies out there who get there Qwest bill thinking it's just a phone bill and never think to check it–just pay and pay and pay? Imagine! Just plunk a third party's bill buried on the back of the last page and expect everyone will notice. Yeah, right.

Qwest should be taken to task because they actually defend their practice of "billing for others" but claim they have "no mechanism" for detecting whether these "monthly charges" they're tacking onto phone bills are valid or not. How's this for a concept: bill me for the services which you're asked to provide and stop helping third-party liars and cheats? It looks like our house won't be much longer for the land line, if this is the best they can do.

Nellie, good on you for spotting the charge! But there's a few more things you, me and everyone else reading this can do. If you run into this problem, immediately forward it to the consumer affairs department of your state AG's office. This will show that this Qwest/EDN scam is no accident but a pattern. Contact your PUC and ask why this utility is allowed to put third-party charges on a bill. Ask them to ban the practice. Call or write your state legislator and congressman and ask them to the same.

Qwest and EDN aren't going to change unless we make them change. If Qwest wants to go into the third-party billing business, it can send separate bills identifying who the service is, what they do, where they're located–and some documentation of whether it was even ordered or requested.

• Sh
      24th of Jan, 2010

Thank you so much for posting this problem. Just found these charges also on our Qwest bill from EMAIL DISCOUNT NETWORK - $14.95 a month. We did not order this. We will be calling Qwest ASAP.