eLocalListing / Fraud

1 28765 Single Oak Drive, Suite 250Temecula, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.285.0484

Listen how they robbed me. They promised me more visible listings in Yahoo and Google for my photography business, within a month. At the end of that time here is what I got!

They posted my home address after I specifically told them not to (I had been stalked)
They said I accepted American Express, Discover, Visa, etc., when I specifically told them I ONLY accepted cash or check.
They placed a ridiculous generic video clip as though it were a sample of my work. When people look at it they automatically get links to all my competitors.
They replaced my actual business name with "Advanced Wedding Photography and Videography" on Google.
On Yahoo they replaced my actual business name with "Candid Wedding Photography and Videography."
Neither of these is the name of my business, but they have both overwritten my actual business name on the search engines and now I am nearly invisible.

Oh yes, and they Lie, Lie, Lie.

When I complained on the phone that they had placed a map to my home after specifically agreeing not to, a "customer care agent" told me that the search engines require it. Bull. When I told her she was either misinformed or lying she said, "I just do what I am told". Ah, yes. The Nuremberg defense. You yourself can go to Yahoo's Local Listing pages and see it is very easy to specify "NO ADDRESS". Why do these people lie. Maybe they derive unnatural satisfaction from money. Maybe they derive unnatural satisfaction from abusing people.

Their "customer service representatives" are fakes. I was supposed to get a call back from a manager for a refund if I was not satisfied. No call.

Most serious of all, and worthy of a lawsuit is the following. Before I accidently trusted these idiots, I had a reasonable presence on Yahoo, what I would expect from 20 years in the business in the same location. Now I don't even show up in the first 90 pages of Yahoo listings. They totally destroyed my internet visibility.

ELocalListing... why don't you get some psychotherapy and find a real job instead of hiring underpaid unethical people to spout your lies.

Tim Judd claims he is president & CEO of eLocalListing. But maybe they are lying about this as well.

www.eLocalListing.com
28765 Single Oak Drive, Suite 250
Temecula, CA 92590
Phone: 800.285.0484
Fax: 951.506.4448

Try a search on Yahoo! Enter "elocallisting.com complaint". Over 28, 000 hits.

Whatever you do, if you have given these creeps any financial or billing information, change your bank accounts and credit cards. Stop empowering crooks.

If you have already been cheated then file a complaint, make them come to small claims court in your home town, go to the Better Business Bureau, bother them on the telephone, get involved.

Do

Comments

• El
      9th of Feb, 2009

I believe these guys may have changed their name to Elocalsuccess.

I was solicited again today by these guys with the same exact pitch, but this time it was www.elocalsuccess.com

I check their pricing - it's exactly the same

Buyer Beware!

• On
      25th of May, 2009

oh my goodness - all this "changing names" is really stressing me out. Who can you trust these days anyways?

• On
      28th of May, 2009

LOL!!! Seriously, you're posting an ad on a complaint board? Not a smart move! Especially when you don't even post a business email, but a free email address (gmail). I'm not sure that's the best way to sound credible. Why didn't you mention the name of the company work for?

29th of May, 2009

I have to agree, trying to get business on a complaint bored for people who have already been screwed once is pretty bad. If you really wanted to help you shouldnt be charging $159 for Google maps, they are a free listing. Google doesnt even charge for them and I set mine up myself. Personally I think that any company that charges to list in the free section on Google or Yahoo (Yahoo maps is free as well) is a bit of a scam.

• Pu
      14th of Aug, 2009

If you have been scammed by www.elocallisting.com you should check out this site, www.elocalscams.com it seems this site was created by ex elocal employees to whistle-blow the company's bad practices. They also show you all the things elocal does that is actually free like local search submission to the 3 major search engines :) it would save you lots of money like it did for me :)

• Ju
      30th of Jul, 2010

yeah this company sucks they are all over promise and under deliver if they did 1/3 of what they promise all would be well but unfortunately they just tell you what you want to hear and then forget about you when they get what they want . I wish I would of never heard of elocallisting. a very bad experience