Elizabeth's Elegant Bridal / Bad service

1 1014 South MissionMount Pleasant, MI, United States Review updated:

We ran into several problems with Elegant Bridal. The bridesmaid dresses were ordered about a month and a half before the wedding, so we knew that we were pushing the envelope. But, Elizabeth assured us that there certain were dresses that would be ready within just 3 weeks, assuming that we paid the rush delivery fee. So, I paid an extra $20 on all the dresses (which were still $160 apiece) to have them rush delivered, having been assured and reassured that they would arrive within 3 weeks. The day before the dresses were supposed to come in, one of my bridemaids called the shop and was informed that the dresses weren't even going to be shipped for at least another week. No one even bothered to call me, the bride, to let me know! Then, when the dresses finally did come in (just 1 week before the wedding), one was missing! There was no explanation from the distributor. So, a tailor was called to turn a completely different dress into a dress that was to look like the rest. This bridesmaid didn't even get any of her money refunded for all of these problems, let alone the rush delivery fee for a dress that didn't show up. On top of this, her "homemade" dress didn't have a wrap like the rest of the bridesmaids.

I understand that Elizabeth isn't running a sweatshop in the back of her shop, and that the dresses come from their distributors. BUT, like I said, she assured me that the dresses would be there in the 3 week period. I paid $100 for rush delivery on these dresses that were NOT rush delivered, and she wouldn't budge on any sort of refund. Had they been up front with me and told me that there was a possibility that the dresses would be there later than 3 weeks from then, we certainly would have gone somewhere else, anywhere else. The LEAST she should have done was call me and let me know that the dresses were not, in fact, going to be in on time. But, she didn't, and all I can say now is that if you dare go to Elegant Bridal for a dress, I hope you have a better experience than I did!

Va

Comments

Fa
  30th of Sep, 2009

Who was the Manufacturer or designer of your gowns?
It appears she should have SAID or told you that the manufacturer SAID they would ship in three weeks...when they didn't I don't see how Elizabeths had control over the manufacturer. They did the best they could under the circumstances. Did they charge much or extra for having to work over time because of your timing?????

NORMAL DELIVERY FOR BRIDESMAIDS GOWNS IS A MINIMUM OF 12 weeks when they will be shipped FROM the manufacturer: NOT arrive in the salon. So to say they were not ordered rush shows you can not have all of your facts correct. The manufacturers charge the rush...Elizabeths paid all but the one for the missing gown.