EliteSave.com / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
2.5

Charges from Elitesave.com started appearing on my credit card without my having had any contact with this firm. I'm grateful that Citybank's early warning system caught this fraud early on. However, it's a nuisance to have to close one account and open a new one.
St

Comments

Fe
  29th of Nov, 2009

EliteSave.com - unauthorized charges
Maine

the charge of $19.82 was debited from my checking acct, without my knowledge. Called the # stated on the website, and was twice told " You have the wrong #" 1-949-81-8208
Fe
  29th of Nov, 2009
ELITESAVE.COM HASN'T EVEN SENT ME AN E-MAIL, SO I KNOW ITS FRAUD!!! AND I PAY ITEMS THAT I BUY ON MY M/C NOT DEBIT!!!
Ha
  9th of Dec, 2009
Same thing with us. My husband NEVER uses the internet...period. One day, some obnoxious Indian claiming to be a call center agent called him one day and demanded payment for some ambiguous "membership fee" they claimed was due. My ###-detector was set off immediately. Naturally, my husband disputed the alleged fees. Then the man became so rude and nasty to him and [since my husband is not as articulate in English] he handed the phone to me. I explained succinctly as possible that, since my husband never uses the internet, and above all would thus have no idea how to pay for something from a .com, how then would he plausibly buy a membership he had no faculty to purchase on the internet?

The man tried to belittle my husband's trustworthiness; as if he somehow lives for the subterfuge of secretly having the sophistication to cover his electronic trail and, unbeknownst to me, purchasing dubious health products. My husband? Whose chief source of sports involves yelling at Manchester United while his ### remains parked on the sofa, in just his underwear? Who, years ago, miserably failed those ridiculously easy VideoProfessor's how-to CD tutorials for Windows and basic web surfing? Who smokes in his pathetic attempts to use my rowing machine during these amusing 5 minute farces? As a child of a electro-mechanical and computer engineer who knows her way around a DOS prompt, how would I not be able easily to find out if someone else is using the computer? Can you hear my eyeballs rolling from here?

When I demanded to know what nature of membership my husband allegedly paid for, the call center's company affiliation, his specific business, his title of occupation and other stipulates he became very sketchy and ambiguous. I demanded to speak to his supervisor and [after aeons of being on hold] the call disconnected. A *69 of the number revealed a callback number, when dialled, only opens some sort of generic voicejail red herring.

My next call was straight to the fraud dept. of our bank to freeze payment, close our acct., and change credit cards. Horrible. The investigation turned up 2 websites that charged 3 total payments: Elite-PDM.com charging $16.99 two times and one $19.99 charge from some site calling itsself EliteSave.com.

Don't even waste yout time, naievely complaining about non-existent customer service and the refunds lip-service clowns. Do what you must with your bank's detectives. Sadly, its often your given ultimatum.