elite screen co / did not deliver product

1 5527 N Nob Hill RdSunrise, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 954-385-3700

Several months ago, I ordered windows from Elite
Screen Co, in Sawgrass and Sunrise, Fl
Now they tell me that they do not have enough money to buy the windows and asked for more money to purchase them. I gave them thousands of dollars almost 6 months ago & they will not return any of the money to me.
I gave them the money, in good faith, and they said they do not have any funds to return to any of their customers.
I sent this in before and typed Penna in stead of Fl

Dl

Comments

• Dl
      29th of Aug, 2008
    elite screen co - did not delived product
    elite screen co
    5527 N Nob Hill Rd
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 954-385-3700
    elitescreencompany.com

Several months ag0, I ordered impact windows from Elite Screen Co.
    After 6 months, I still have not received them.
    I now find out the company does not have any money to buy the windows to be installed. They cannot supply the windows unless I send them money in advance and then they still cannot guarantee delivery.
    I ordered the windows well in advance of the hurricane season..Now I am out thousands of dollars and have not windows.
    & they do not have the money that I gave them, in good faith, to return to me.

• Tb
      15th of Sep, 2008

Shel, when I read your post, it was as if I had written it myself
    I also signed a contract with them back in May and now they want more money to start the job. My safe florida home has received many complaints and is taking them off the approved contractors list. I feel like I would be a fool to give them any more money. Keep us posted on how you make out. Time to go weigh my options.

• Ta
      19th of Sep, 2008

I also ordered shutters in May and they did not come through. I called my Amex and they credited me back. Now the owner said he is taking me to court. Anyone else want to go?????

• Cr
      13th of Nov, 2008

The exact same thing has happened to us - we paid $8, 000 IN FULL in April. We still have no windows and were told them have no money to order windows and will probably be closing their doors. Every week they would tell us the windows will be ordered the following week or two weeks and now I know for certain they were pulling our legs the whole time. I am just sick over this.

• To
      1st of Feb, 2009

*** DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ELITE SCREEN Co. in Sunrise FL. *** These guys are CROOKS!!! MEEEE TOOOOO!!! These guys are crooks! They tell you what you want to hear just to get your money. They are very nice and helpful until they get there $$. I ordered some windows and put down a down payment. The windows were supposed to be in after 6 weeks. Randy Puckett, a salesperson, told me after the windows didn't arrive "don't worry they will be arriving very soon, maybe another week". Another week goes bye and "Oh any day now" says Randy. Eventually I called the owner or manager and he had a real bad attitude like I was doing something wrong by wondering where my windows were! Eventually he tells me my windows were never ordered and if I wanted to re-order them I could but the price is going to be higher now by an extra $1200. I told him to pound sand. I haven't gotten my $6000 deposit back yet and its already been 4 months. Now I am probably going to have to go to court to get my money back. I called Randy Pucket, (the sales person who came to my house who I made the contract with) and left many messages. He won't call me back. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ELITE SCREEN Co. in Sunrise FL. These guys are CROOKS!!!

14th of Feb, 2009

Several months ago i did business with elite screen company. I ordered accordion shutters and was promised a 60 day completion date. I called the company after 60 days and Brian who is in charge of the shutter department told me to be patient that they were working overtime to try to make every customer happy. They said because of the economy they were struggling like 90% of all of america that it wasnt the companys fault. 3 weeks later the shutters were installed my wife and i were very pleased and were happy about the honesty of the compay. I dont think like most people do that they are crooks but an honest company doing what they can to survive in todays economy. My name is Chris Abberly of Ft. Lauderdale and i was recently let go by my company after 14 years so i can relate to what most people are going through, Elite Screen Company has over 10, 000 happy customers over the last 15 years i dont think its fair for a couple unhappy customers to ruin an entire business.