Elite Products & Technologies / Fraud and cheating

Elite Products & Technologies
Placed order 12/14/04 and requested FedEx 3 day shipping.

1. They didn't ship FedEx. Shipped via US mail.

2. When I opened the box I noticed 1 of the 2 cell phone batteries they listed on the invoice as shipped had not been included. Called on 12/29/08 and spoke with their 'Customer Service Manager'. I told her I no longer wanted the 2nd battery and to credit me back for that amount. She said 'We don't allow that.' I said 'Excuse me, you didn't ship me something I paid for and now you won't credit me back for the item I never received?' I then told he I would simply dispute the charge on my credit card and they could deal with them. I also then told her to cancel the rest of the order that was back ordered as I no longer wished to do business with them.

What is rich is at the bottom of the invoice it states that they offer a Money Back Guarantee minus shipping & handling. So I cancel items they haven't shipped and they don't allow that?

Glad I used my VISA so I could dispute it. VISA needs to cancel their merchant account.

A  20th of Apr, 2009 by
I had a similar problem with this company. I ordered three cell phone covers and after two weeks, had received nothing. I used the live chat on their website to inquire about the status of my order only to be told that there was a "slight" delay in shipping and my order would be shipped the same day they received shipment, which "should be in a few days."

When I complained about not being informed of this delay, not to mention the fact that the covers weren't even in stock, the live chat operator disconnected me. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, thinking I was disconnected accidentally, I reconnected. When I told her I didn't get a response to my last post to her, she again disconnected me without responding.

I then called the company and asked to speak to a manager. Of course, the woman that answered just happened to be a "Customer Service Manager, " she said, so I told her about my unhappiness with their lack of customer service, both with the lack of help and the lack of notification of the shipping delay. I asked if perhaps they could remove the shipping charges because of it and she said there was no way they could do that. So I told her to just cancel the whole order and she was fine with that - didn't care at all about my problem with the company.

It was after this conversation that I checked my credit card activity and found I'd already been billed for these covers before they'd even been shipped! No honest company does this! I contacted the BBB, told them everything, and they contacted the company in my behalf, requesting a refund. They received a very short letter stating that my credit card had been credited the full amount (it was) and apologized for the delay. But if you check the BBB complaints against this company, you'll find hundreds of them, so why they're still allowed to operate this sham of a business is beyond me. Lesson learned - next time I'll check BBB before I do business online!