Elite Personal Search / Scam - non delivery of promises

1 Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-411-3327

I was pitched a $5, 000 to $10, 000 contract which promised to introduce me, in person, to 10 men in accordance with my preferences (that they live in Northern Calif in or within 50 miles of San Jose / Santa Clara Valley) within 12 months of signing the contract. I signed up for $5, 000 in October and to date have not been introduced to a single individual in person. I was given one phone number, and that gentleman did not make our dinner date. I have been sent 4 potential matches - over my age or weight range, and none within 50 miles of San Jose. The contract looks pretty solid, but they have truly not come even close to delivering on their part of the deal, as noted in that contract.

Comments

• In
      1st of May, 2009

This company has an office in Los Angeles as well, and I have run into the same problems. I would suggest that anyone considering signing a contract with this company do their research, there are a lot of complaints on line about "Elite Personal Search".

• Sp
      5th of May, 2009

This story does not sound true at all from my experience with them. I have been set up many times and it is very hard for me to believe that they have not set you up even once. Either this entire review is a lie or you are leaving out some important details.

• Ca
      21st of May, 2009

I have been a member of this service for the past 15 months. I originally signed up for a year service but I haven't found anyone within the year. I thought it would be best to sign up again because I did have some good luck with the dating. I met 9 girls within the year face to face and some of them actually lasted for a couple dates, one even two months. I admit that I am a difficult guy to set up (not the most main stream). They work with me, and help me make myself more dateable. They are not afraid to tell you the truth and work with people very well. The woman that they have in the service have all been suggested to me according to my specifications, and if they are not, it is only minor issues and not major ones. I feel like the service has been good to me, and the women I date also have told me that they were pleased with the service. One woman I dated wasn't pleased with the service and said I was her first date she had face to face and she can't get a good date with them. I don't blame the company for this, because I really wanted to end that date before it began. I don't see how anyone would want to date this woman. Most of the time when I read negative complaints about this service I think of this date and it reminds me that some people are just very hard to match up with to begin with. All in All I feel it is a good service, worth a second year of membership...

• Le
      25th of May, 2009

I’m so happy I finally decided to walk into the Phoenix office. Gia was very nice and VERY polite. It’s not easy to just meet some stranger and give them a two hour interview about the person’s life and background. Gia made it look very simple. I’ve never been this happy with any other service at this price.

About a week and a half later, Gia called me with a few different girls for me to date. All of them were amazing and in terms of ideas, likes and dislikes but still weren’t marriage material for me. The last girl however, was the one girl I never thought I could get. She was too perfect. Now she’s my wife.

This is my advice to anyone out there who wants a serious relationship. Check this company out ASAP. You won’t be disappointed.

28th of Jun, 2009

I don’t know why some people post negative reviews about this service. The fact is, is that they have nothing except good to them. The prices are kind of questionable, but everything else is amazing. I found my girlfriend with them and we’re pretty serious. I also like it that they sit with you for a few hours giving you the interview of your life. It shows how seriously they are and how much they want to satisfy their customers.

I live in Palm Springs. After speaking with Lynn, I walked out of the office with a huge smile on my face knowing that I was being taken care of. Now because her, I’m dating Ashley. She is the most incredible person I’ve ever met and it’s all thanks to Lynn. There is nothing to say but “Thanks Lynn. You rock”.

• Ra
      13th of Jul, 2009

What else can I say besides AMAZING. After trying out two other dating services, I decided to join with this company. It’s no surprise to me that this company is a heck of a lot better that the others. The friendly staff and the very professional matchmakers make the whole company shine with success. I have spoken to many people about them over the phone, internet, and even in person and they all speak very highly of this service. All the wonderful feedback I got from these people is the reason I joined. Like I said before, the staff and matchmakers is a big part of the company which produces a lot happy customers, but there is more. I’m sure that I am not alone when I say “I love the way they always call before and after each date to help you out in any way they can”. I always have a great time with every girl they set me up with and I can’t wait to see which one I’m going to marry.

• To
      13th of Jul, 2009

Elite Personnel Search is an online scam. Elite is suppose to b a professional matchmaker. I have paid nearly $4000 for absolutely no results and no real attempt on their part. I found Elite online and I didn't even finish the online form but a Kim Brady called me anyway to come in, so I thought I would try. I paid $3000 up front plus $400 for professional pictures that they required of me and then three more months of $325.00. Elite Personnel Search has been a total waste of money. After 6 months and THOUSANDS of dollars, they have not come up with a single match. In this 6 months, they only called twice with possible matches that were so off the mark that it was offensive. Then insult to injury, their accounting department called wanting more money and wonderd why my CC rejected their charge. They have threatened me with creditors and trying to ruin my credit because I refuse to pay for them more money. Their resources of dates are apparently slim and none. It w
    ould be one thing if they had shown me at least 1 candidate per month, but they couldn't even come up with more than two in 6 months. They may try to claim that I'm too picky but they haven't even come up with candidates for me to reject. I just recently logged into Match just to look around and saw the same two guys with the same bad photos. They weren't even a 70% match. It looks like I'll have to sue to get my money back and to keep them from ruining my credit. Verenia won't even tell you her full name because she knows that she is scamming and doesn't want to be sued, personally.
    Damage Resulting = Over $4000 loss, plus possible damage to my credit. They called only because they wanted more money and threatened to ruin my credit and turn me over to collections if I don't pay them more.

• Br
      19th of Oct, 2009

Not a scam at all. I agree that it doesn’t work for everyone, but when it doesn’t work, they try as hard as they can to make it up. I wasn’t happy at first. When I complained, they refunded me. They also offered me an extension on my member ship if I chose not to be refunded. I chose the refund. They were ready to make it up and they understood why I wasn’t happy.

• Mi
      1st of Nov, 2009

It is a scam. Please visit my blog about "Elite Personal Scam" http://elitepersonalsearch1.blogspot.com/

They stole $6, 000 from me. How anyone could be happy with this service is beyond me. People are so upset about this because they prey on your insecurities to get you to sign the contract, and then they walk away.

email me with your horror story and Ill post it. They are going to lose that $6, 000 in negative advertising. zbtaldo@gmail.com

• Je
      30th of Jun, 2010

I have had a horrible experience with Elite and I have just sued them in Orange County Superior Court (I'm an attorney but I retained a really aggressive litigator to sue them) for Fraud; Negligent Misrepresentation; Breach of Contract; Professional Negligence; Breach of Fiduciary Duty; and Unfair Competition. Here's what happened to me:

After I joined, it took my matchmaker (Chrystina Dahl) weeks to send me a match. I approved him immediately and it took her days to let me know he didn't want to meet me because I "looked like his sister". She promised me a new match the next week and I NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN. I emailed several times and finally demanded my money back. I was then contacted by another matchmaker (Narcissa Landers) who claimed to only handle VIP clients and told me she had hand picked me (she also convinced me not to ask for my money back and give her a chance). She promised me a match the next week and I NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN. I emailed several times and again, demanded my money back. I then heard from a woman who claimed to be the supervisor of Chrystina and Narcissa and she offered to "babysit" a matchmaker for me so I could get matches. I declined and demanded my money. I then heard from a man who claimed to work with the CEO. He also offered to "babysit" a matchmaker for me and I declined and demanded my money. I spoke to him on a Friday and he promised to get back to me on MOnday. I NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN.

If anyone in Southern California has had a similar bad experience, I would love to hear from you at jenstein804@aol.com.

• Cu
      10th of Sep, 2010

I definitely agree with all the above complaints. They don't deliver the quality matches. I was sent 4 introductions. One match never called, another kept rescheduling the date wasting my time and energy and another one was too old for me. Moreover, all of these matches were the same type, which was completely opposite from what I was looking for. The forth match is not even worth commenting. The only reason the matchmaker asks you all in-depth questions is just to look professional in front of you. In reality they send you what they have. And they don't have a lot. I called the top manager in CA 4 times to ask him to change my matchmaker but he never returned any of my phone calls. Such customer care speaks for itself. I haven't been with this agency for a long time but their customer service, quality of matches and endless complaints just turn me off to continue working with them. I hope this company gets enough complaints to be investigated by the officials and to be brought to justice. I'd never recommend Elite to anybody.