Elite Personal Search / Rip Off

United States Review updated:
Elite Personal Search/Matchmaker
I am a very careful, intelligent woman who has always snickered a bit at people who got scammed. Guess what? Happened to me!! I admit, I have not given Elite ample time to prove just HOW awful they probably are, but I warn anyone thinking about using Elite Personal Services to think otherwise. They are fantastic salespeople. Their bottom line is to gets lots of money from you, then provide you with "matches" you could get off something like Craigslist [for FREE.] Their "matches" vaguely [and that is being generous] fit what you spent hours expressing you wanted in a mate. I realized too late, that the local number on the one person's business card was for another business. When I reported it to their 800 number, they of course seemed confused. When you say the "match" is not for you, they get aggressive... even angry. There is so much this company is scamming on, that it is difficult to detail it all here. BUYER BEWARE OF ELITE PERSONAL SEARCH. I bet they get lucky and sometimes match people who are happy [or who were desparate and went for it, ] but this is NOT a company doing what they profess they do. Sad for me. Sad for anyone who trusts them. And guess what? They actually COULD provide a valuable service in this area... they choose not to. THAT would take away from their profits and would take time to run an actual legitamate business... Now I need to figure out how to get my money back, or at least report them to the right place, so eventually enough complaints will shut them down!!! And I hope "they" are reading all the complaints that are now on-line.

N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
"I am a very careful, intelligent woman"

Apparently you give yourself a bit too much credit.
A  5th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -4 Votes
I'm with you - they're good sales people and tell a good story. That last comment, good luck, I hope you never sign up for anything that is not what it promised to be. What do you care about our experiences anyway?

I signed up and paid $5, 000 to meet men within 50 miles of San Jose California, between the ages of 50 and 60. The contract promises to introduce me, in person, to 10 eligible men in accordance with my specifications over the 12 month period starting October, 2008. To date, I have not met a single man in person. The 4 possible matches sent my way were not within my age, or geographical range. The one who seemed at all possible lived in Tiburon (125 miles at least from San Jose) and he didn't bother to show up for our dinner date. The contact looks solid, but this is a real scam.

I'd really like to know how I can try to get part of my money back. They are careful with their 1-800-411-3327 number not to put you in touch with anyone in management.
D  5th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
They charge a lot of money since they provide a quality service. Do relay think you can get engaged over night, some people have to date for years before they get married. You yourself wrote that you did not give the service a chance.
N  15th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have been with them since feb 09' and they have only delivered me one match. I am a 28 year old model and they didn't match me with anyone that I am not used to being hit on by. I think they are just working off commissions, so all of the personal service and attention goes out the window once they get your money. The match they delivered me "just happened" as I called in one day in late April to inquire why I hadn't been delivered a match. I think that the lack of matches eveyone is talking about stems from the fact that they don't have as much clientele as they say they do. All the same I would reccommend that you just try eharmony first...its a lot less money to meet the same kind of men that elite are going to match you with.
N  21st of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been a member of this service for the past 15 months. I originally signed up for a year service but I haven't found anyone within the year. I thought it would be best to sign up again because I did have some good luck with the dating. I met 9 girls within the year face to face and some of them actually lasted for a couple dates, one even two months. I admit that I am a difficult guy to set up (not the most main stream). They work with me, and help me make myself more dateable. They are not afraid to tell you the truth and work with people very well. The woman that they have in the service have all been suggested to me according to my specifications, and if they are not, it is only minor issues and not major ones. I feel like the service has been good to me, and the women I date also have told me that they were pleased with the service. One woman I dated wasn't pleased with the service and said I was her first date she had face to face and she can't get a good date with them. I don't blame the company for this, because I really wanted to end that date before it began. I don't see how anyone would want to date this woman. Most of the time when I read negative complaints about this service I think of this date and it reminds me that some people are just very hard to match up with to begin with. All in All I feel it is a good service, worth a second year of membership...
D  25th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don’t know why some people post negative reviews about this service. The fact is, is that they have nothing except good to them. The prices are kind of questionable, but everything else is amazing. I found my girlfriend with them and we’re pretty serious. I also like it that they sit with you for a few hours giving you the interview of your life. It shows how seriously they are and how much they want to satisfy their customers.

I live in Palm Springs. After speaking with Lynn, I walked out of the office with a huge smile on my face knowing that I was being taken care of. Now because her, I’m dating Ashley. She is the most incredible person I’ve ever met and it’s all thanks to Lynn. There is nothing to say but “Thanks Lynn. You rock”.
N  25th of May, 2009 by
As a Pre-op Transvestite Gay Hispanic Jewish Rabbi, I know I would be a difficult match to make, however, I was assured by Elite Match that they had extensive experience making Jewish/Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender connections. In fact I was introduced to my matchmaker, Ms Wasserman as a Jewish lesbian who had special skills in making that 'perfect' match within my community. I found it quite ironic that the Lesbian Wasserman is now somehow a straight woman with a family. Feeling betrayed, I found out that Ms Wasserman isnt even Jewish, her maiden name is Agajanian. She is an Armenian! ! ! ! My first 'match' was with a guy named Daniel Carver. He wasn't even from California, let alone Los Angeles! He was from Oakwood, Georgia of all places. When I called the number given to me by Ms Wasserman/Agajanian, the voice mail picked up and let me tell you, it was VERY disturbing. All I seem to remember were the words, "wake up white people". My next supposed "match" was described to me as a very sucessful private security business owner named Chuck. We decided to meet at his favorite five star restaurant for our "first date" - It was a Sizzler in Pasadena! When I politely declined he said, "Needless to say, I have a coupon for the salad bar that expires today and I normally don't splurge on such a nice place, but you are worth it, if you put out after we eat." Strike 2 Elite! My final "match" was described to me as a VERY rich Jewish man named Alan H. Mark who had an estate in BelAir on Sunset Blvd. I called Mr Mark and he wanted to take me to Lowry's in Beverly Hills. I told him where I lived and he offered to pick me up. This guy seemed to be a good match. Was I ever wrong! First of all when he came to the door, he couldnt have been over 4' tall and for being Jewish, he looked a lot like Adolf Hitler - that reall creeped me out. He was wearing some cowboy outfit that made him look like a midget rodeo clown. Since he was already at my door, I figured - hey at least it's a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant. We walked to his "car" and it wasn't a car, it was an AMBULANCE! Upon seeing my shocked reaction, he told me not to worry that he was a volunteer paramedic for Bel Air Patrol and he was on call. When I got into the ambulance I was overcome with his horrible body odor. When I mentioned it to him, he said, deodorant costs money. "This is going to be a long night" I thought. We made it to Beverly Hills in record time. Those red flashing lights and siren really cleared the traffic up La Cienega. When we were seated, Mr Moneybags told the waiter, "Seperate checks please and I will just have a glass of water" That was IT - I stormed out and never looked back. Strike 3! My advice to all the lovelorn souls in Los Angeles is to Stay Clear of these con-men and con-women. They will take your money and break your heart.

Rabbi Pedro Goldstein
Huntington Park, Ca
N  26th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Goldstein above does not sound that Jewish. I have a couple friends that are Jewish and they act with great modesty. I am sure if I would describe your above review to them they would be completely repulsed by the way you live your life. Also after reading the above I do not know how many people would even take your view of the company seriously.
N  9th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Mr. Wong: You have it all wrong about Rabbi Goldstein. I met him several years ago when he had a healing faith synagogue here in Hidalgo County, Texas. He was the nicest Hispanic Jew I have ever met. Before he was run out of town by the local racist Sheriff for alleged fraud and embezzlement, he promised my ailing grandmother that if she would give him the account number to her 401-K, then he would cure her of this rigid diabetes and heart condition which had plaqued her for so many years.

Not only did she assist his religious faith with a massive monetery contribution from her life savings, but he also told her if she would just sign over the deeds to her eighty-acre ranch property, she would be saved from the evils of hell, which she gladly did so.

Nevertheless, she was never cured of the ailments, but she died peacefully in her sleep. regardless if she was penniless after Rabbi Goldstein cleaned out her bank account is not the issude, the point is, she died happy. And that's all that matters.

Weslaco, Texas.
D  11th of Dec, 2011 by
"I am a very careful, intelligent woman who has always snickered a bit at people who got scammed. Guess what? Happened to me!"

I guess you must be pretty gullible. ^ It
A  30th of May, 2012 by
I totally agreed! Elite personal search company is a trash! Full of crap & lie, I am one of the victim, they break my heart & hope, it's really wasting money & times. Bad! Bad! Bad!

Elite Personal Search - The only thing elite is there name
Elite Personal Search

Elite personal search, Ha. The only thing elite is there name. The only difference between Elite and Match.com or other internet sites is the thousands of dollars Elite charges. You would think that after the several in depth interviews for your match requirements that they might actually match you accordingly. Think again. You have to tell them over and over what it is your looking for. Their match making ladies are not too sharp either and it takes them weeks to find you someone that is not even close to your criteria. The sales ladies do a good job making their company sound great, but don't believe it for a minute. Go buy a 70" plasma instead. You'll be happier.

Elite Personal Search - Fantastic Customer Service

Working with Elite has been more than just a matchmaking experience. The VIP Matchmaker, Kim has a great personality and I love working with her. She's been coaching me along the way and it's been quite a learning curve for me. I’ve learned that it is not just about finding men I am attracted to but what it takes to have a successful relationship. Kim gave me a total personal and exclusive experience by working with me on my challenges and shortcomings that have been sabotaging my past relationships. She gives me exercises that have helped me learn about myself so I can attract the right guy in my life.
I now feel really confident with my dating life and have been introduced to many great men. I have started to see someone now regularly and I’m excited to see where it goes. Thank you Kim for changing my life!

Elite Personal Search - Fraud
Elite Personal Search

I am a successful, educated, beautiful woman who has difficulty meeting great men because I am a single mother who spends my time mothering. I thought that Elite would be able to help me meet men of equal caliber who met my preferences and religious requirements. My matchmaker Summer was able to set me up on a date with a very nice gentleman for my first date who I got along very well with, but later found did not meet my explicit requirements that were outlined in my matchmaking profile. Elite continued to send proposed matches of men who did not remotely meet my requests, so I questioned them again as to whether they had the men that I was looking for. Their blatant disregard of my parameters caused me to question whether there was any intention whatsoever to match me up with someone who met my criteria. I asked for a refund and they refused, and when I talked to their Director she assured me that they had many men who met my criteria. I have not received any con
tact from them in 5 months, and believe that Elite is just a scam to collect large service fees from individuals with the intent of haphazardly throwing "matches" at them hoping something will stick.

I am a single mother who made an investment to help facilitate a dating life that would offer safety through background checks, and efficiency through effective matchmaking. What I received was a monthly payment that I have continued to pay, and the absence of any service whatsoever. I have seen several other clients mentioning working with attorneys but believe that the most effective way to battle a corporate entity with no integrity is via a combined effort class action.