Elite Manufacturing, LLC / Refund of funds!

548 Mary Esther cut-off #334Fort Walton Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 850-243-7021

Have requested refund of tendered deposit for a build out for a franchise business. A statement on their purchase order agreement states that, if subject to third party financing and return of down payment; "in the event that Purchaser is unable to obtain financing, then this agreement shall automatically terminate, neither party shall have any further legal obligation hereunder and any down payment tendered shall be returned to Purchaser."

I have requested a refund of down payment due to not getting financing. I have not been given a refund as requested and they admit that I am due a refund, but only offer it in payments of 13 months. I did not send them a loan. I sent down payment which they should return in full. The company representative does not call me back or email me to return my refund of down payment.

This company is practicing fraud to prospective purchaser's of their products. They need to be prosecuted and stopped for their illegal practice! Beware all!

Comments

14th of Dec, 2007
As the person who posted this complaint, I am requesting a removal of the complaint as the Company has negotiated a refund offer as I have requested. No further comments or complaints concering this Company need be posted at this time.
Disregard this complaint. Thank you.

CH
St
  28th of Feb, 2008
I too have been taken. Had to wire to Elite's bank account $37,900 on 8-16-07. On 10-1-07 my lawyer requested full payment due to our perception of questionable activity. It took them over a month to make contact with us and we are still waiting. Elite's lawyer, I mean Cuppy's lawyer, well they are one in the same is telling us that they don't have the money to refund. I am one in many that this is happening to right now. I would suggest that ANYONE thinking of doing business with either of these two entities tell them that you will make monthly payments on the down payment and see how they like it. Just do an internet search of either company with the word complaints, you will be amazed how many hits you get. Perspective franchise owners please beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save your money.
  12th of Mar, 2008
I have also been a victim of the cuppys/elite scam. In March of 2007 I contacted Cuppys with interest in opening a coffee shoppe. After many conversations with Mr hugh Darley, i was led to Elite Manufacturing. They were to be the construction arm of my new business. With a down payment of $20,000 Elite would forward 15,000 to Cuppys for a franchise fee. There was also a clause in the Elite contract that if I could not finance the start up my money would be completely refunded. I was not able to finance.

according to cuppys they never received the money for the franchise fee. After many letters and talks with Mr Danny Jones our final conversation was in November of 2007. Mr Jones asked what I wanted. My response was "Mr. Jones I want my money back. Hie response was "Never gonna happen!" I should mention at one point Mr Jones did offer to pay back the 20,000 with minimum payments over the next two and one half years with no interest. I can not afford to finance Elites business. I hope this will assist someone make an informed decision about Going into business with cuppys. If anyone can help me get my money thank you.
  14th of Mar, 2008
WARNING!!

After posting my original complaint about Cuppy's and Elite I was asked to remove the complaint to get my refund of deposit as a "good faith" offering. Thank God Complaints Board's policy is NOT to remove the complaints. I honor their policy at Complaints Board. They are a fantastic service. To date, 3/14/08, Elite and Cuppy's has not refunded my deposit. I have since learned that these two (one and the same ) are fraudulently taking others money too. IF ANYONE IS CONSIDERING DOING BUSINESS WITH CUPPY'S OR ELITE MANUFACTURING,
DON'T!!!
STOP YOUR CONTACT WITH THEM AND DO NOT SEND THEM ANY DEPOSIT MONEY!! THEY ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE ALL ACCROSS THE USA.
PLEASE BEWARE!!
They are NOT a reputable business and they do NOT honor their contracts with you. THEY ARE DISHONEST!!
Cr
  28th of Mar, 2008
Hello all,
I am sending out my story in hopes that it is all too familiar to yours with a loss of thousands of dollars and a dream of franchise ownership. Recently, I was contacted by another victim who was also a promised ownership of a Cuppy's coffee franchise. After the let down of not being able to be financed, her and her business partner were not allotted a refund of their initial monies. This is exactly what happened to myself and business partner. We all have been fortunate enough to not roll over and play dead allowing Morg and his groupies to get away with this. We are contacting a prominent attorney in Miami. We would like to schedule a group conference call to share our stories and gather all the information we need in order to decide what the cost is involved for all of us to pursue litigation against Cuppy's/Elite/Medina and all individuals involved. We would like to band as one and support each other for a better chance at bringing this company to its knees on fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud. They will continue to manipulate people like us over and over if we do not do our part to stop it. I hope you all are just as hungry for justice as we are. I have worked much too hard all my life to be in this spot now as I am sure is the case with most of us.
Jo
  23rd of May, 2008
I'm also a victim of the Cuppy's Elite scam. They got 51, 900 of my money. I just contacted the BBB today and filed a complaint against them. We all need to file a complaint against them then maybe the BBB will make them pay us. Warning watch out for Lili Tran. She is the biggest liar there is. I asked her before I ever sent a dollar to them what happens if I don't get a loan. She told me you get ALL your money back. I didn't get funded so now they are saying they are keeping $15000 franchise fee. I asked Danny Jones today if he reads the complaints online and he said he does but there not true. I said I think they are because everyone is having the same problem I am. So please everyone needs to write a complaint to the BBB in Fort Walton Beach.
Ka
  1st of Jul, 2008
I recently purchased (about 6 months ago) a mr. coffee 12 cup programmable coffee maker. I was very much looking forward to my first cup of coffee of the day. I turned it on nothing, I waited, nothing. I have been an avid user of mr. coffee coffee makers for 10 years. Even the cheap ones lasted longer than 6 months. now that I know that the mr. coffee plant has moved to mexico and alot of americans have lost their jobs. I will no longer buy a sunbeam product.When its made overseas everything is cheap, and they do a half-assed job in making products.just to save a buck, there is no such thing as american made products anymore.
Co
  15th of Jul, 2008
I am writing to let you know what actually could happen to you if you did get financing. This may not help your situation, but it may make you grateful that your losses are only the deposit and not your entire financial security, credit reputation, and income. I am an unhappy, failing franchisee. It took 22 months to get open due to Java Jo’z/Cuppy’s failed relationships with first a real esatate search firm and then a construction management firm. We were told at the start we would be in business in six months. We, too, had the high pressure tactics thrown at us (no franchise fee, no royalties, free site search, etc. if we sign on that day). All costs were higher (some triple or more) than they projected, and revenue since opening was not even half of a half of a percent of traffic count. What a disappointment and nightmare. We closed our doors after 10 months to stop the bleeding and are suffering greatly financially. I don’t know what recourse we as franchisees who went all the way through the process have, but I do believe being vocal is our only avenue to finding any help out there. I think this story should be told over and over to every agency, publication, reporter, blog, etc. that will listen. Someone must be held accountable for leading so many people to financial ruin.
Jo
  16th of Oct, 2008
I am an Army Veteran of 22 years and I have been scammed by this company!!! I served my country doing 3 tours in IRAQ and now I get screwed by this company!!! In Oct 2007 we sent $37, 000 in a lump sum payment to start the franchise after further research etc. we decided we weren't going to go through with the franchise. We started the process in Jan to get our money back they came up with the installment plan because they lied and said they didn't have all the paperwork etc. which if that is the case that is their fault because we signed every paper we were told to sign and every paper we were sent and sent all the papers back FEDEX like we were told to do so. Our first installment plan which we so did not agree with was suppose to be 15Aug 2008 and now we are in Oct 2008 and still no payment, no return email, no phone calls. I have contacted my lawyers and the BBB so maybe we will get some justice, but I still want everyone to know how terrible this company is. This company is the worse company ever to do business with. Their products are over priced! I have a friend that is in the Coffee business and he showed me all the prices for everything and how much Cuppy's "jacks" the price up. You can start your own business much cheaper! We are demanding a full payment for our refund not installment plans, we sent the money for the down payment as they requested when they requested. They would call 5-6 times a day hounding for the money then when it was sent nothing they would not call now they have our money and we cant get it back! THEY ARE A BIG SCAM DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM DON'T BUY THEIR COFFEE BOYCOTT THEIR COFFEE STANDS TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW. Don't buy from them, put flyers up about them, make signs, do whatever it takes. Let everyone know how they treat the MILITARY!!! Maybe they will pay us then. GIVE US OUR MONEY NOW!!!
Vi
  20th of Nov, 2008
IT'S HAPPENED WITH ME ALSO. I WIRED $37, 900.00 AND DIDNOT GET ANYTHING.NO ANSWER NO E-MAIL.
IN SHORT I IT'S NOT FAIR .SOME ONE HAS TO HELP US TO GET REFUND. EITHER GOVERNMENT OR SOME SOURSES .AND NOW A DAYS IT IS VERY HARD TO COLLECT THIS MUCH AMOUNT OF MONEY.
REALLY ALL WE GET TO GETHER AND APPROACH TO SEE OR COMPLAIN TO THEIR MAYOR SANATOR AND GOVERNOR OF TAHT STATE. STATE SHOULD TAKE SOME ACTION AGAINST THIS KIND OF COMPANY.
THAT'S ALL
L
  4th of Dec, 2008
This is an absolute outrage! I had no idea until now that so many people have been taken advantage of by this company. I sent these people a $15, 000 deposit, and when circumstances led to me requesting a refund, they agreed and later breached the contract. Please, please post any information of organizing a group effort of recovering our hard earned funds. Too many families have suffered at the hands of this company. Our collective efforts will have greater influence in the court(s).
Am
  27th of Jan, 2009
Dear All,
I know all of you like to complain against Cuppys and Elite, I think we should work together as a group and file a law suit class action, please if any one already started or willing to start with me file the law suit, please send me email of your information, I just talk with one attorney at Fort Walton Beach he is willing to take our case.
We have to be strong and try to elevate the case from civil case to a criminal case, and we should include all individuals who interview us and make lots of promises, also what happened to the legal system in Florida, were id the franchisor agreements protection. Are we in the Jungle to let those run away without any punishments.
Thanks

I am going to forward this or other email to the president Obama, he may do something for us
Anwar Maharmeh