Elite Foods / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
Elite Foods
It started the day before my sons 3rd birthday November 7th 2008, 2 salesmen came to my door asking my husband and I to buy their steaks and chicken. It was a really great deal but we asked them to come back next week when my husband got paid again because we explained that we were throwing my son a birthday party on Saturday November 8th.

They said that they wouldn't be able to come back to write them a check and they would not deposit it until Thursday the 13th of November. My husband and I explained to them that if this check were to be cashed before hand it would cost us enormously.

The 2 salesmen reassured us that they wouldn't cash that check before the date we agreed upon. We tried to post date the check but they wouldn't accept it. The 2 salesmen made a phone call and gave us their word that it would not be cashed.

Well as you can imagine 2 days later they cashed the check causing us to go into the negative in our account by $350.00 and NSF fees of $210.00.

I have been trying to call them and I never get an answer or it rings busy. We had a verbal agreement with this company and it was broken so I guess that just shows that this company has no set of company ethics or morals.

This set back in our budget has taken up all of our christmas savings...but I guess we learned a valuable lesson that people cannot be trusted...

D  21st of Apr, 2009 by
The web page posted for this complaint is inaccurate. The company the complaint is referring to works in the United States. The company’s web site listed, www.EliteFoods.ca is a Canadian company with no operations in the United States. The link to the wrong website should be removed.
N  1st of May, 2010 by
Where Do you live, What State and city ( not address or anything like that ) Look at my name and you will know why i ask