Elite Excursions / Unathorized debit

1 2530 Karla DrMesquite, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 469-586-9573

On June 29, 2009, I was debited $12.99, which I noted in my check ledger but I did not research at the time due to deaths in the family, then I forgot about it. Then on July 28 I was debited another $12.99. Not only that, but now I also have a $39.00 overdraft fee. The total funds stolen from me at this point is $64.98.

When I received my printed bank statement showing the complete phone number for the 6/29/09 transaction (not complete on e-statement), I called immediately, and was surprised to learn that this was called "Elite Excursions, " which I never heard of. I searched my internet history and cookies to see if I had accidentally visited Elite Excursions and mistakenly signed up, but nothing called "Elite Excursions" comes up in my history whatsoever until today, when I started the search after the phone call. The gentleman I spoke with said that I signed up for a $10 gas card with Shoe Buy, and that's how I acquired this membership. However, I also have no record, cookie, history, or email regarding Shoe Buy offering or sending me a $10 gas card, and I certainly haven't received a gas card in the mail.

Elite Excursions is evidently part of Trilegiant (parent of such well-known ripoff companies as Travelers Advantage and Buyers Edge, both of which had previously ripped me off). When I tried to go to Elite Excursions' website, I was told I was being redirected to Travelers Advantage.

Ar

Comments

• Ab
      8th of Apr, 2009
    Elite Excursions - Unapproved bank charge
    San Diego
    California

I just noticed that $20.99 has been debited from my Bank of America checking account for the past four months. What the hell?!? After I googled them, I see alot of search results for a scam linked to Chase. Is Bank of America doing this too now?

Seriously pissed off...

• De
      8th of Jun, 2009

I am also concerned that these people are taking $20.99 out to my account and twice in one month...this is outrageous and we need to stop them. I have an account at Wachovia so it is not just Bank of America...

Dee Moody
    Gaffney. SC

• Mo
      29th of Jun, 2009

I am going to make a complaint to the NYS Attorney General
    re Elite Excursions and a charge that has been added to my charge card for a period of 7 years. ...totaling approx. $700.
    My charge card company is Bank of America.
    I will pursue this. Anyone else in NYS being scammed by this outrageous dirty sneaky tactic. The charge on the credit card was not descriptive and so it was hard to know what it was for.
    Shirley NYS

• El
      8th of Dec, 2010

Take action. Class Action 411. (Contact Freed & Weiss. They need to hear from you)!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

• El
      8th of Dec, 2010

Information for anyone who has been scammed by Trilegiant. Freed & Weiss needs to hear from you.
    Class Action 411 follows.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

LiveWell,

• Re
      23rd of Jan, 2012
    Elite Excursions - Unauthorized charges
    Elite Excursions

I never signed up with this company and suddenly they charged my credit card without my permission. Don't expect to get something in return.