Elite Aircare / Scam

1 Lafayette, CA, United States Review updated:

I saw an add with offer of duct cleaning for $49. They claimed to be a licensed company and when called to schedule appointment...the secretary of course, to get clients was possessional. Two technician show up and get started with this big machine that i doubt did any suction...just made noise and blew air. And seems they secretly know how to control the gauge system on the machine to show the duct of a 8 yr new house is not working efficiently!! So the lead tech comes and says the whole duct system is clogged up...we cannot proceed further and Full Deep cleaning $630 is required. If it was a professional company, they should have their offers, services, contract all legally on documents but NO!! They don't even have a business address and their website is Fraud. I asked many times and (tech) said he would have all documents at the end of the job. They provide no estimates or quote and would not upfront tell the cost...were very misleading till you keep asking questions than you find out that each service is charged separately ..not included in the package he just talked about for so long. So, he starts persuasively telling all the health risks, mold etc, drawing diagrams on a sheet of paper, so persistent ...just pressure tactics to scare people and get them to agree to unnecessary work such as buying UV light system $600..which is useless after i did research online.
Honestly all they did was just vacuum the vents which i could have done. Sprayed some perfumed smoke...saying it sanitizes and kills all bacteria mold etc...and say that the smoke is leaking from ducts...so you need to seal those for $35 EACH ...which we can do ourselves with aluminum tape and silicone. they replaced a filter for $130 which we can buy and install for $50. Than they promise a warranty and service maintenance but their business is in ripping off other new customers, not serving the old ones...no profit there!

they received and "F by the better business bureau and have had many unresolved complaints

For verifying
contractors licensing board - www2.cslb.ca.gov

check out this site with article of the research conducted verifying this and 5 other fraud companies:

Bottom line...after I did much more research...THERE IS NO NEED TO HAVE DUCTS CLEANED UNLESS IF VERIFIED BY LAB ANALYSIS INDICATING MOLD. etc. ALSO, RESEARCH AND VERIFY THE LICENSE/ COMPANY AND GET 3 ESTIMATES from different co.

Ca

More Elite Aircare Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Se
      12th of Dec, 2010

I think you're right about most of what you said. It seems that its hard to find good air duct cleaning companies with those coupons (I actually fell for one of those companies bulls#*T and ended up paying a lot of money..). However, I disagree about what you said as far as the need (or lack of need as you wrote) for having the ducts cleaned.
    My doctor actually recommends having that service done about every 3 years. I actually felt a big difference with the air quality after I had my air ducts cleaned (but with a real company that provides a real service).
    Just like with any service that you get, it is very important to check the BBB, Yelp etc... before you choose the company you're gonna use and learn from other people mistakes.
    If you need a good company, so far I have used "Indoor Ideals" (A+ rated with BBB), "Fresh Environment" (also A rated), "911 Restoration" (rated A- and kind of expensive, but still do a good job). I used all three (I'm a property manager) and they all did a good job.

• Go
      26th of Feb, 2011

I am sorry to say I got the same treatment and explanation. I was shocked to see an open duct which I never had before. i have been under the house many times. I cannot believe how all in a sudden I can see an open duct !!!
    This is shocking.